Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Really whiffed it by not giving the hood a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

JcDent posted:

I wonder if I should try and sell my guardsmen and claim them pro-painted, maybe make some money.

Oh, and:

Notice the pauldrons on the beakie

Hey guys, let's make a Space Marine chapter that's all about the Confederate Flag. But instead of being a bunch of beer-swilling, flag wavin', xenophobic red necks, we'll instead base their entire story on all the worst aspects of the C.S.A., plus some terrible and awful stereotypes, including a chapter master in a white hood (and poorly converted beakie). No, this isn't a parody army, why do you ask?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

YF19pilot posted:

Hey guys, let's make a Space Marine chapter that's all about the Confederate Flag. But instead of being a bunch of beer-swilling, flag wavin', xenophobic red necks, we'll instead base their entire story on all the worst aspects of the C.S.A., plus some terrible and awful stereotypes, including a chapter master in a white hood (and poorly converted beakie). No, this isn't a parody army, why do you ask?

Wouldn't terrible and awful stereotypes count as parody?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

YF19pilot posted:

we'll instead base their entire story on all the worst aspects of the C.S.A.

there aren't any good parts of the CSA sorry

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

ghetto wormhole posted:

They had OK taste in guns I guess?

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

I seriously thought the flag was photo shopped until I saw the beaky model.

This doesn't surprise me. It should, but not much surprises me anymore after the nazi IG tanks.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

ghetto wormhole posted:

I didn't say there were. But you can have parts that are still comparatively worse than others. I'll be careful not to come across as an apologist next time.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

They had OK taste in guns I guess?

Outside of the personal hunting firearms some brought; no those were pretty poo poo, too.

JcDent posted:

Wouldn't terrible and awful stereotypes count as parody?

You'd think so, but this guy seems to be playing it seriously.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

YF19pilot posted:

I didn't say there were. But you can have parts that are still comparatively worse than others. I'll be careful not to come across as an apologist next time.

Yeah sorry, I didn't actually think you were trying to be an apologist. I'm just of the opinion that it's really no different either way. In fact I'd almost say it's more honest to emphasize the worst parts, though the painter is still a shithead either way.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

quote:

rebel yell

With a rebel yell she cries, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MO~RE

In the midnight hour he paints, BAD SPACE MARINES

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Odd the rebels aren't chaos, but now I want a chaos Sherman marching through the rebel Galaxy until he reaches the great space sea

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
As the title states, what's the weirdest stuff you used as part of a miniature?

Mine is my fairly recent use of my cat's claw tip clippings to create claws for some of my Flayed Ones conversions-

~8)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:catstare: Oh god, why?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

:catstare: Oh god, why?

:hollismason:

Oh, and a local thing. I admire the creativity but not the fact that he considers it appropriate to field in a tournament :wtc:

https://i.imgur.com/OsxkCSa.jpg (:nws: because boobs)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 2, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Pierzak posted:

:hollismason:

Ban MasterSlowPoke for account sharing

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Pierzak posted:

Oh, and a local thing. I admire the creativity but not the fact that he considers it appropriate to field in a tournament :wtc:

https://i.imgur.com/OsxkCSa.jpg (:nws: because boobs)

Wow someone seriously bought one of those and put it on a table? What the hell?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

Wow someone seriously bought one of those and put it on a table? What the hell?

Worse. Converted one. The original sculpt is the sniper resting her foot on a low wall or something. I don't know where the naked prisoner came from.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pierzak posted:

Worse. Converted one. The original sculpt is the sniper resting her foot on a low wall or something. I don't know where the naked prisoner came from.

I think that's one of the kingdom of death miniatures that was argued about

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
it's a brother vinni. There's a whole line of 'victim girls' (yes, that's the actual name) you can peruse if you want to hate the world just a little bit more.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Ugly John posted:

it's a brother vinni. There's a whole line of 'victim girls' (yes, that's the actual name) you can peruse if you want to hate the world just a little bit more.

Wow.

The one in the middle of the banner on his site is a girl pinching her nipple and holding a machinegun. That's... something.

E: Ukrainian Slave Girl. What makes her Ukrainian? No idea.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ugly John posted:

It sucks because he's actually a really awesome sculptor and makes some fantastic not-Fallout models, but all that stuff is so intensely creepy.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

quote:

Ukrainian Slave Girl. What makes her Ukrainian? No idea.

She apparently bears a striking resemblance to a Ukranian Prime Minister:

So... uh. Yeah.

EDIT: And since Brother Vinni is Russian, it's just a whole big tangled pile of Nope nope nope.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Those are somehow worse to me than the dick-boob-rape monster, they're just explicitly rape diorama pieces.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

SRM posted:

It sucks because he's actually a really awesome sculptor and makes some fantastic not-Fallout models, but all that stuff is so intensely creepy.

Why would he not make them? He clearly fears no god nor man:

Then again, he does seem to follow separation of cheese and game when he wants to:

His Cadians are good. Catachans - not so much.

FrostyPox posted:

EDIT: And since Brother Vinni is Russian, it's just a whole big tangled pile of Nope nope nope.

Expect "tortured fascist cyborgs" line any time soon! :v:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I browse this and the 40k thread a lot even though I don't play anymore but I have to say I think I found something for this thread.
Some Killer Coke Kans

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Ork-Killa-Kans-Custom-Painted-/181680735653

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Again. Amazing.

I worry about humanity sometimes. Not being able to see how a coke can with boars for feet is beautiful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Again. Amazing.

I worry about humanity sometimes. Not being able to see how a coke can with boars for feet is beautiful.

Is that a legal model? I can never tell with Warhams what is/isn't legal. I would certainly play against it. That guy probably isn't a terrible rules lawyer.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Who's the judge, Len?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Len posted:

Is that a legal model? I can never tell with Warhams what is/isn't legal. I would certainly play against it. That guy probably isn't a terrible rules lawyer.

Conversions are often accepted, especially for Orks. So yeah, it's probably legal as long as it fits on the base for a kan.

(granted, it would need to be rebased into round bases)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

JcDent posted:

Then again, he does seem to follow separation of cheese and game when he wants to:

His Cadians are good. Catachans - not so much.

I had no idea he could actually make proper female models. :v: Those not-Cadians aren't that bad to be honest.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
In the grim darkness of the far future, bare midriffs are bullet-proof.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Eh, not like the actual GW Catachan models are any better. Bunch of exposed arms and chests for no reason other than RAMBO.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Dr. Clockwork posted:

It is HOT IN THE UNIVERSE, ok?

GOd!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Dr. Clockwork posted:

And wifebeaters are?

That's one area that flak vests don't cover, anyways. Everybody knows the really vital organs are in the chest.

Reynold posted:

Eh, not like the actual GW Catachan models are any better. Bunch of exposed arms and chests for no reason other than RAMBO.

It's like you need other reasons, pffft.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Honestly even the worst of those is far better than 90% of the female IG sculpts out there. The "heroic" scale is exaggerated and goofy in the first place and for the most part they'd all fit in pretty well with their male counterparts, Mordian hooker boots aside.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Anyone find a United States Marine Corps themed Space Marine army? I find it silly this hasn't been done yet, the military is full of goony types.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Looks like it was done in 2001.
I Google'd "United States Marine Corps themed Space Marine army" and found this on the first image result:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011209...thanComanse.htm

Individual pics here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040416194732/www.newwave.org/gw/eventscoverage/gtchicago050501/nathancomanse/index.html

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I Google'd "United States Marine Corps themed Space Marine army" and found this on the first image result:

Individual pics here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040416194732/www.newwave.org/gw/eventscoverage/gtchicago050501/nathancomanse/index.html

Those are loving rad.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Individual pics here:

While this is no doubt awesome and well done, that is really more U.S. Army circa WWII. I meant in the realm of Gold, Red, White, etc like the emblem, or digital camo like the modern Marine Corps wears.

Also, we use Corpsmen(Navy medics), medics is an Army term.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Individual pics here:

Ahahaha. I wondered why that looked so drat familiar. That was my first GT. I was playing warhammer, though. There's a bunch of pics of me and my friends in there. That army and Joe Orteza's Templars are what put the first inkling of wanting to play 40k into my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
http://www.bluetablestore.com/premium-experiences-and-services/blue-table-painting-buy-the-company

quote:

Blue Table Painting- Buy the Company

Don't actually buy this from the webstore! Contact bluetablepainting@gmail.com This purchase is for the company and all its assets, material and intellectual. You will have no bank or tax debt from the company. The owner will show you how to run everything over the course of two months. You will also gain interest in the studio building itself as a property. All details to be still negotiated.

Yours for only $440,000!

It even includes business mentoring and tutoring from the same person who thinks that a webstore is the ideal place to advertise the sale of his business!