Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Box is just as established as Dropbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Michael Scott posted:

Box is well known and has a few contracts with huge universities as their cloud storage provider of choice.

Yeah, my company has a contract with Box as well (about 20,000 employees). It really comes in handy moving larger files around internally when ftp/sftp isn't an option. It's also nice to share files among the team without having to hope Sharepoint hasn't poo poo itself. Again.

noirstronaut posted:

Tim Cook has also publicly praised them.

Part of that might be sour grapes toward Dropbox because they declined to be purchased by Apple about 5 years ago (rumor has it)

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Box, OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive are pretty much indistinguishable at this point.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flosofl posted:

Yeah, my company has a contract with Box as well (about 20,000 employees). It really comes in handy moving larger files around internally when ftp/sftp isn't an option. It's also nice to share files among the team without having to hope Sharepoint hasn't poo poo itself. Again.

Part of that might be sour grapes toward Dropbox because they declined to be purchased by Apple about 5 years ago (rumor has it)

A five year grudge? I highly doubt it. I doubt it so highly.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I use Dropbox for the integration with various apps, but OneDrive is just as good, and I've got tons of storage from my Office365 student subscription that was unbelievably cheap.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Like someone mentioned last page, with OneDrive (you start with 15GB for free) if you use or sign up for Bing Rewards before the end of the month you get 100GB extra free for two years.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Printer Pro by Readdle is free right now, and it's pretty good for printing to some non-airprint printers. Regularly 7 bucks!

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

noirstronaut posted:

A five year grudge? I highly doubt it. I doubt it so highly.

A five year grudge is more of a Steve move.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Any recommendations for casual art apps for adults? There are so many to choose from and I don't know which are the better ones

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Poulpe posted:

Any recommendations for casual art apps for adults? There are so many to choose from and I don't know which are the better ones

https://www.fiftythree.com/paper

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nice to see even after Accompli became Outlook I can get 10 emails overnight and still get no app badges.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Feenix posted:

Nice to see even after Accompli became Outlook I can get 10 emails overnight and still get no app badges.

Even after you change the badge count from "Focused inbox" to "All"?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Even after you change the badge count from "Focused inbox" to "All"?

Yep.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Feenix posted:

Working fine for me. Really enjoying iOS Outlook, I've even stopped using the gmail app.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
VLC is back with a new update. Here is the appstore link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962 I can't actually find it in the app store with my phone, but I was able to go to my purchased tab and download it from there. That got me the updated version. Here are some release notes by the author: http://feepk.net/2015/02/27/vlc-for-ios-2-4-0/

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

aeiou posted:

VLC is back with a new update. Here is the appstore link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962 I can't actually find it in the app store with my phone, but I was able to go to my purchased tab and download it from there. That got me the updated version. Here are some release notes by the author: http://feepk.net/2015/02/27/vlc-for-ios-2-4-0/

Apple just yanked it. I managed to pull up the page in iTunes but when I hit "Get" got an error saying "not available for download". When I used your link not 2 minutes after the first time I used it, it now says it's not in the US app store.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

flosofl posted:

Apple just yanked it. I managed to pull up the page in iTunes but when I hit "Get" got an error saying "not available for download". When I used your link not 2 minutes after the first time I used it, it now says it's not in the US app store.

This. gently caress. I guess?

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
Duet Display is on sale apparently.

I am very happy with it so far, currently using my iPad mini as a second monitor for my Macbook Air. The perfect dual-monitor setup for someone with little desk space.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Flyndre posted:

Duet Display is on sale apparently.

I am very happy with it so far, currently using my iPad mini as a second monitor for my Macbook Air. The perfect dual-monitor setup for someone with little desk space.
They're doing it at a response to Air Display 3 which just came out with the same functionality (USB connectivity). Previously, Air Display only worked over Wi-Fi.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VLC gone again. What the gently caress

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Weird I thought it finally updated because it says "open" now instead of "update". The store claims 2.41 but in "about" I have 2.30.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Quantum of Phallus posted:

VLC gone again. What the gently caress

From a new iPhone, I just now downloaded it by pressing the cloudy download button (I had previously gotten it back in the day on an iPad 1). Perhaps it's not available for "new" purchase? Versions is showing as 2.41 (1)

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

The new VLC can't play AC3 audio so it's more or less worthless anyway.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sphyre posted:

The new VLC can't play AC3 audio so it's more or less worthless anyway.

It never could unless you changed your time zone out of the USA.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Just pony up the cash for AVPlayer HD or NPlayer already. They are both great.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

Just pony up the cash for AVPlayer HD or NPlayer already. They are both great.

Yeah... why would I use VLC instead of nPlayer? Is there some cool stuff that people are looking for that I'm unaware of?

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
I'm in the US and just downloaded VLC from that link without issue. I've never had it on iOS before. Thanks!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It updates now.::

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wish VLC had access to OneDrive, I've a shitload of storage on that I could use.

Also, does anyone have Tintype by Hipstamatic? Mine's stopped working as of late, won't take a picture or let me import :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh man if you haven't been following, Tinder updated their app yesterday and now has a IAP/Subscription model which is more expensive the older you are. It also limits how many swipes you can do a day and if you pay you can switch your location and match wherever the gently caress you want.

It's getting absolutely slaughtered in reviews. People are really sensitive about their swipes it seems.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

People are really sensitive about age discrimination.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh man if you haven't been following, Tinder updated their app yesterday and now has a IAP/Subscription model which is more expensive the older you are. It also limits how many swipes you can do a day and if you pay you can switch your location and match wherever the gently caress you want.

It's getting absolutely slaughtered in reviews. People are really sensitive about their swipes it seems.

Recall that Tinder is owned by IAC, who also runs match.com, although they tried to obscure it by establishing a "startup" to build it. It was only a matter of time before Barry Diller & Co pulled the free rug out from under it and came up with a pricing scheme for it that nobody would agree with.

Also having never used Tinder, I wonder if this just means people will lie about their age when signing up? That 28 year old person you match with is actually 37?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Tinder is based off your Facebook profile, so you would have to lie about your age on Facebook too.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All good things and I wish them luck making money with their app.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Main problem is only the terrible creepy dudes will pay which doesn't solve the end user problem.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

LionYeti posted:

Main problem is only the terrible creepy dudes will pay which doesn't solve the end user problem.

Theoretically, this might go a very long way to solve the spam/fake profile problem, which is a pretty massive one. Solving that might encourage more non-creepy dudes to come back and give the service a try again?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

Tinder is based off your Facebook profile, so you would have to lie about your age on Facebook too.

I don't use Tinder but I hear that savvy users make a second Facebook account for Tinder registration.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Grey Cubes is Starbuck's App of the Week. Looks pretty fun, kinda like a weird version of pong.

Anywho, here are some codes.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

EconOutlines posted:

Grey Cubes is Starbuck's App of the Week. Looks pretty fun, kinda like a weird version of pong.

Anywho, here are some codes.

Thanks, snagged RX6 in the upper right, most of the bottom right codes had been snagged already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

I don't use Tinder but I hear that savvy users make a second Facebook account for Tinder registration.

Here's the thing, lets say that you do make a second account, and lie about your age in order to pay less. You still end up paying money to tinder, and they get to make a sale that they might not have if you used a real account. And that is in general a lot of work for a dating app, so not everyone is going to do that. Tinder's biggest threat is not people slightly playing with the app while still trying to get dates on it, it's other apps stealing their users.