Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It's been a long time since anyone said this.

I've also never met or heard from a Bowling Green fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Neil Armbong posted:

Looks like Baylor has no OOC games of note for the foreseeable future:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/96626/louisiana-tech-series-continues-baylors-non-conference-scheduling-philosophy

So no more bitching about not making the playoffs when the school is taking a conscious gamble on whether or not OOC opponents matter to SOS. Hint: they do.

Briles is right though. If Baylor hadn't blown it at WVU, or if the Big 12 had had one more top 25 caliber team last year, Baylor would have made the playoff. The weak non conference schedule can cut both ways, just because it didn't work out last year doesn't mean it's going to break that way every year.

The same logic applies for the championship game argument, btw. There are going to be years when somebody in the top 4 gets knocked out in their CCG and while the Big 12 champ chills at home and reaps the benefit.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 3, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

HAS never leave us:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/3/3/8140187/the-morning-constitutional-is-e-hatin

HAS goes digital age.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Meltathon posted:

All you get is 5 home games all year? God it must suck rooting for a non-P5 team.
We can't all have 8 home games.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Harbaugh is a big Judge Judy fan I guess lol

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's like reading really lovely German or something with the random capitalization.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Ladies, it's time to just go back to not saying anything about raped by college athletes.

Oregon gonna' get your medical records!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Ladies, it's time to just go back to not saying anything about raped by college athletes.

Jameis really rubbed off on them.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

It's like reading really lovely German or something with the random capitalization.

There's a message board I post on that has this guy that capitalizes every noun. Drives me insane.

Makes it look like everything he says is a really absurd movie title

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Here's something interesting: Conference strength over time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

According to that graph, its best for the Big Ten to have Michigan and Penn State (possibly Nebraska?) good, but bad for Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State to be good.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
SWC's 1994 is the best year.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sash! posted:

According to that graph, its best for the Big Ten to have Michigan and Penn State (possibly Nebraska?) good, but bad for Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State to be good.

A very astute analysis. :c00l:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Well that is rather hosed up

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Sash! posted:

There's a message board I post on that has this guy that capitalizes every noun. Drives me insane.

Makes it look like everything he says is a really absurd movie title

I would have thought you would appreciate a practice that was trendy in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Well that is rather hosed up

If that is indeed the law then it needs to be changed. What a horrible situation and if it is true then Oregon needs to be raked over the coals .

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
They apparently have a meningitis outbreak right now so I'm going to pretend that that's some sort of karmic action.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Things are getting a little bit more interesting re: Chavis' lawsuit

Possible recruiting violations by A&M and Chavis?
Is the Times-Picayune just re-publishing TigerDroppings posts verbatim or

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

If that is indeed the law then it needs to be changed. What a horrible situation and if it is true then Oregon needs to be raked over the coals .

Dana Altman still hasn't been fired and the AD recently got a raise and a contract extension. It's simply not going to happen.

Also, the men's basketball team is going to make the NCAA Tournament because good things happen to bad people.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Chris Conley wrote an open letter to UGA a few days ago and it's kind of touching.

quote:

So, if you see me around Athens, Atlanta or anywhere else, don’t be afraid to reach out and speak with me. I hope to continue to be active in these communities because they are where I call home. In my brief time in Athens, I hope I have inspired someone to chase his dreams, to work a little harder or dream a little bigger. If my example has reached just one person and encouraged him to be better, I have accomplished so much more than I deserve.

Thank you all. God Bless and Go Dawgs!

:unsmith:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Elotana posted:

Is the Times-Picayune just re-publishing TigerDroppings posts verbatim or

You think that article is purely conjecture?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zypher posted:

I would have thought you would appreciate a practice that was trendy in the 17th and 18th centuries.

yeah well I also hate the long s and enjoy having J and I be two different letters

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Chris Conley wrote an open letter to UGA a few days ago and it's kind of touching.

:unsmith:

He's a really cool and fun dude. I'm gonna hate not being able to watch him next season. Wish him the best.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Chris Conley seems like an awesome guy. Too bad he never had a single catch for UGA this year.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Dana Altman still hasn't been fired and the AD recently got a raise and a contract extension. It's simply not going to happen.

Also, the men's basketball team is going to make the NCAA Tournament because good things happen to bad people.

Well then I am going to sullenly root against them in every sport. That will show them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

I've also never met or heard from a Bowling Green fan.

Hi! :cheers:

Short version: We will throw a lot. We will run a shitload of plays and if your defense is even somewhat competent it won't be nearly as big of a concern as it seems. We will allow even your 4th string QB and RB to set one-game records. Our coach will look completely disconnected and disinterested.

That's about it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

He's a really cool and fun dude. I'm gonna hate not being able to watch him next season. Wish him the best.

Same. Everything I've ever heard about him makes him seem exactly the kind of guy you want being a representative of your university. I hope he has a great career ahead oh him.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Random observation: watching college football clips from the 90s, it's really funny to see teams in clear passing downs line up under center. Oh, how times have changed.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Random observation: watching college football clips from the 90s, it's really funny to see teams in clear passing downs line up under center. Oh, how times have changed.

On the next ESPN 30-for-30

They Ran the Dang Ball: College Football in the 1990s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

QBs would take like 10 step drops to throw, it was great

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

They Ran the Dang Ball: College Football in the 1990s

Until that toad-faced Mickey Andrews and ol' liver-spots Bowden tried really loving hard to hurt to Wuerrfel in 96 in Tallahassee.

We got our shotgun-led revenge in the Sugar Bowl. :smug:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

You don't have to go to the 90's for this, just look at Troy Smith vs. Florida.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

You don't have to go to the 90's for this, just look at Troy Smith vs. Florida.

That game was the Death Of Tresselball and the world is so much better off for it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Unfortunately they're correct -- FERPA does in fact except college medical records from being covered by HIPAA.

That doesn't mean it isn't a stupid and sick thing to do.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

And they'd literally just run backwards with little pitter patter steps to do it rather than taking long sideways strides like they do now. It looks incredibly silly now.

It is sort of a miracle that Iowa doesn't still have their QBs doing this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

And they'd literally just run backwards with little pitter patter steps to do it rather than taking long sideways strides like they do now. It looks incredibly silly now.

It is sort of a miracle that Iowa doesn't still have their QBs doing this.

I always felt like Drew Brees took a fifty step drop, but I think it is because his legs seem so tiny.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You think that article is purely conjecture?
Yes. The entire thing is a combination of [citation needed] and homer bullshit.

quote:

From December 30 in the Music City Bowl where his late-game LSU defense collapsed once more while his bags were packed for Texas A&M,

quote:

Chavis' lawsuit against LSU looks like it has as many holes as his third-down defense.

quote:

They should sue Chavis for the emotional distress they suffered last season watching Alabama drive 55 yards in 50 seconds for the game-tying field goal that allowed the Crimson Tide to win 20-13 in overtime.

Or maybe they can cite negligence of the Tigers' failure to stop the league's best read-option quarterbacks a year ago, such as Mississippi State's Dak Prescott and Auburn's Nick Marshall. They led the Bulldogs and Tigers to victories over LSU while sparking offenses that gained 570 and 566 yards respectively.
Never liked that guy anyway :rolleye:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Elotana posted:

Yes. The entire thing is a combination of [citation needed] and homer bullshit.

Never liked that guy anyway :rolleye:

Third and Chavis is totally a thing that's real though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Clint Trickett, former FSU, WVU QB, is now QB coach at East Miss. C.C. Good for him, sad that injuries shortened his career like it did.

• Locked thread