Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
Yeah 15 minutes left on at this time. If this was the helmet alert, and the game was down, I would probably break something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Another Vauban Chassis alert just popped. Because while 5 am was unreasonable, 7 am is so much better...?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Another Vauban Chassis alert just popped. Because while 5 am was unreasonable, 7 am is so much better...?

I think they re-popped it because the last one happened during maintenance. Lucky me I had to work from home today. :smugdog:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
If you've got PS+, there's a PS+ Starter Pack available for free this month. 100 plat, 50k creds, boosters and a basic mod pack, but the price is right. And since PS+ is required for online play on PS4 anyway, well, yeah.
And even if you don't have a PS4 (like me) you can apparently still add it to your account to use if you ever get one.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unless I'm mistaken, Warframe doesn't actually require PS+. Don't know why you'd have a PS4 but not PS+, but hey.

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
That free PSN starter pack has been there since go, I redeemed it in 2013.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Another tactical alert! :toot: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/412135-pc-tactical-alert-ogma-elite/

...It's Archwing.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

DE posted:

As an added bonus Baro will award 5 Rare-5 Fusion Cores for each installation that you disable.

Fine, I'll play archwing you fucks. But I'm not going to like it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3 tiers of 100 Ogma kills good loving lord.

· 100 Ogmas = 50,000 Credits
· 200 Ogmas = Forma
· 300 Ogmas = Orokin Catalyst

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

3 tiers of 100 Ogma kills good loving lord.

· 100 Ogmas = 50,000 Credits
· 200 Ogmas = Forma
· 300 Ogmas = Orokin Catalyst

Does that mean we'll be able to farm Forma and Catalysts by replaying the alert?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not certain but I'm assuming this is over the course of the event because do you seriously want to beat up that many Ogmas? Those are the big heavy Grineer things.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
I really hope it at least awards the normal drops too or something. I Don't mind a bit of archwing, honestly - but the RNG is so painful sometimes.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Not certain but I'm assuming this is over the course of the event because do you seriously want to beat up that many Ogmas? Those are the big heavy Grineer things.

I've never seen an Ogma. My Archwing gear is pure garbage -- I have literally one archwing (frame) mod. :v:
So if I bother trying this alert, I'll just have to be carried anyway.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
My archwing hasn't been touched since the last big relay alert thing. I don't even think it's past level 6 and I have NO mods

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Welp, what Archwing weapons do you folks recommend because all I've got currently is the base weapon and frame at level 20 or so and it was so boring to grind I never did anything more than that. Is there a way to make it at least slightly more interesting or reduce the chance of being unable to do anything?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ogma's? DE is loving with us now. Well, more so than usual.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Seems every mission gives you a 5 pack of rare 5's tho

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you havent gone up against an Ogma, they're basically the Heavy Gunners of Space Grineer. You can see them coming miles away and they take forever to kill.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
It took 20 minutes to get about 40 kills. Standard 4-wave interception deal. The elites have fluctus-style guns, so they aren't super notable unless you're trying to revive someone--then they'll shred you while you wrestle with precise positioning.

No standard interception rewards, just the 5 rare cores at the end.

If you haven't done archwing stuff, this alert will be killer. If you've got mods and weapons, it's no sweat. There's very little in-between.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Male Man posted:

It took 20 minutes to get about 40 kills. Standard 4-wave interception deal. The elites have fluctus-style guns, so they aren't super notable unless you're trying to revive someone--then they'll shred you while you wrestle with precise positioning.

No standard interception rewards, just the 5 rare cores at the end.

If you haven't done archwing stuff, this alert will be killer. If you've got mods and weapons, it's no sweat. There's very little in-between.

That's not really worth it then... though the R5 cores are tempting.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Reminder that a crit modded Centaur will one shot a 35 Ogma 62.5% of the time

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Reminder that to complete a centaur you will have to sit through a bajillion Uranus interception missions which drops a whole load of other junk too.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I wonder if an Elite Ogma goes down like a little bitch if I swipe it with my Divine Blade?

Time to find out! :getin:

VV Sort of? It's level 15-25, which is below Caelus but above most AW things. If you have corrosive stuff on your weapons and some survivability mods, you should be okay.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 5, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does my Archshit need to be a particular level for this? Mine is like, lv16 on average.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I really want them to abandon Archwing, it's never going to be good and can only draw resources away from the part of the game I give a poo poo about.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
But it's already good and I'd rather have them develop it further.

E: And U16 is gonna come with sharkwing in Uranus and probably J3 as well, so better prep your wings.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
What's good about it?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's fun? To me it feels much better than normal missions, movement and melee-wise. Guns are guns whether they're on foot or in space so meh there.

The mission variety sucks but once upon a time land missions had no variety either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aiming is poo poo, literally pixel hunting.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

archwing_keyinputs.log posted:

w+lshift e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Archwing is a fun little thing that no other game is really trying to do. I enjoy it and will be grinding the poo poo out of this taco alert because it pays out way too many cores for the time/effort investment. It reminds me of Descent a lot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wyrmius needs a new content update tho.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My favorite part of Archwing is the mobility. It's parkour -- IN SPACE!

Melee is cool too.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I like Archwing simply for the variety. It's done well enough where it's satisfying in bouts. It's a nice change of pace. Although I don't think they should prioritze development of Archwing content, I do hope they build it out a bit more.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Melee's better because you have a giant autolock, and movement just doesn't require as much precision as Warframe. Until you need to revive someone, which is a pretty common complaint.

well that and the collision boxes on objects.

Dahbadu posted:

I like Archwing simply for the variety. It's done well enough where it's satisfying in bouts. It's a nice change of pace. Although I don't think they should prioritize development of Archwing content, I do hope they build it out a bit more.

I thought they'd use the excuse to make the minimap better. :sigh:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Giant autolock is fun tho.

Revive is actually pretty easy, hold the Rez button and fly in their general direction. The biggest issue is if you're using Itzal and need to pop your 2 before rezzing, 'cause moving will cancel the invis.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shooting doesnt cancel invisibility on the Itzal. Not sure why everything else does, but use it while it lasts.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

SynthOrange posted:

Shooting doesnt cancel invisibility on the Itzal. Not sure why everything else does, but use it while it lasts.

I think that's intended behavior. It's been that way since they added it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I wish there was some combined arms stuff, it would totally make grinding out Archwing crap worth it. Like, a Warframe team runs through a ship, knocking out its defense guns' shield generators along the way, then sabotages the ship's shield system so the Archwing team can hit the Giant Vulnerable Point. Meanwhile, the Archwing team is trying to prevent dropships full of Eximus guys from reaching the Warframe team and eventually they have to hit a Giant Vulnerable Point. Both teams clear the scene in 2ish minutes because of explosion death.

Hey maybe that's their idea for 8 man raids :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
why would you want to prevent spawning giant sacks of exp? :confused: