Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Another unusual calvary from nature!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/s...woodpecker.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cribbed from the DnD pictures thread:

Vsevolod Ivanov. Fascistic, Slavic paganism. Like a Russian Hyborian Age:

http://weirdrussia.com/2014/06/08/fantastic-art-of-vsevolod-ivanov/

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe posted:

Time to play, "Glorantha or Slavic Neo-Pagan Artwork?"

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's like some alternate timeline where the Vikings that landed in North America integrated with the natives and formed an awesome new society. loving awesome.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
I'm running a Post Apocalyptic Super Hero game and I need some Lucha Libre . Thanks!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Silhouette posted:

It's like some alternate timeline where the Vikings that landed in North America integrated with the natives and formed an awesome new society. loving awesome.
That's more or less what actually happened in Russia. Novgorod (Holmgard) was initially a Varangian (Viking/Norse) settlement, and the Princes there took over Kiev. They eventually fully merged with the Slavic native groups.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Mechayahiko posted:

I'm running a Post Apocalyptic Super Hero game and I need some Lucha Libre . Thanks!

Here you go:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Mechayahiko posted:

Here's some:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm running a modern day spy thriller game, so if you've got anything with, say, people fighting or getting into shootouts in plain clothes, or anything Bourne-ish, I could use it. You know how it is.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I CAST REVERSE SHOCKER

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Next month's cover for Rat Queens lookin good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

crime fighting hog posted:

I CAST REVERSE SHOCKER

Live long and pr-rock out.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The early modern period was irresponsibly rad. If anyone's got pictures of pistol cav, especially armored like the dudes in the first, I'd appreciate it.

And for the Rogue Trader players:

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 9, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

crime fighting hog posted:

I CAST REVERSE SHOCKER

AD&D 2nd edition PHB?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

This is the raddest picture. Look at that smile. That is a lady who knows what the gently caress is up.

FoE
May 1, 2005
nothing really

Hogge Wild posted:

AD&D 2nd edition PHB?

Red box Basic D&D set. It takes me way back.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Anyone have fantasy-genre pictures of altered/augmented people? I'm talking half-golems, guys with magic-tech infusions, whatever.

I'm trying to make a race of post-humans in a fantasy setting that've basically gained immortality by continually augmenting their bodies, but I don't want a strictly sci-fi feel.

Swags fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 10, 2015

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Swags posted:

Anyone have fantasy-genre pictures of altered/augmented people? I'm talking half-golems, guys with magic-tech infusions, whatever.

I'm trying to make a race of post-humans in a fantasy setting that've basically gained immortality by continually augmenting their bodies, but I don't want a strictly sci-fi feel.

Here's the one I remember from the "Use this poo poo in D&D as well" part of the D20 Cyberscape book

I know there is more in the Eberron archive at WotC. I'll try to find some more.

Edit: drat it! It looks like WotC pulled the article archive of the old 3.x stuff. They used to post galleries of the book art there.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 10, 2015

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

8one6 posted:

Edit: drat it! It looks like WotC pulled the article archive of the old 3.x stuff. They used to post galleries of the book art there.

They're still up, just harder to find.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Awesome! Thanks for finding this.

Now, about that request

This one is kind of "living armor"

Look, half the fun of getting your arm ripped off in a dungeon is getting a sweet golem arm replacement!

Fleshcrafters: New limbs in about an hour

You really should get that looked at

and some psionics crap that sort of fits

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Someone once posted a link to some massive searchable gallery of classic paintings and early illustrations in here. I remember that the site design had a white or off white background. Anyone got a link or know what I'm talking about?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

xthetenth posted:

The early modern period was irresponsibly rad. If anyone's got pictures of pistol cav, especially armored like the dudes in the first, I'd appreciate it.

And for the Rogue Trader players:

These are all fantastic. Salome in particular looks pretty smooth in renaissance garb.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Beefeater1980 posted:

These are all fantastic. Salome in particular looks pretty smooth in renaissance garb.
That's not Salome, it's Judith.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Have a request: I'm looking for art of a lady blackguard/antipaladin, preferably human or tiefling, in sensible and practical heavy armor. I keep finding lots of plate lingerie, but finding a lady blackguard in sensible plate armor is proving difficult.

In return, I offer several sci-fi cityscapes I've collected.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blackguard-y. Esque. Ish.

EDIT:

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 17, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Have a request: I'm looking for art of a lady blackguard/antipaladin, preferably human or tiefling, in sensible and practical heavy armor. I keep finding lots of plate lingerie, but finding a lady blackguard in sensible plate armor is proving difficult.

Jullie Dillon has varying levels of black ladies, paladins, and tieflings. Also plenty of other cool art.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 17, 2015

Cambrinus
Jan 3, 2007

The Duke of Beer
In varying shades of Blackguard/suitable armor:

And a derpy option:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

This works nicely, thank you.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I had to dig a while but I found this

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Regarding blackguards, this is one of my favorites. The artist's tumblr has apparently vanished off the internet, unfortunately.

If you're looking for art of women in armor, this is a pretty solid choice.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 17, 2015

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
A few months ago, my partners and I had a serious discussion about the cultures in an area of a campaign setting / adventure series we're developing for the PFRPG. The first few adventures are set in a small subset of islands in a larger archipelago, and we were fleshing out all sorts of things about the factions and people that live there before we started writing the adventures themselves.

Near the end of the time we set aside for the discussion, after talking about how wood elves wear their hair or something I jokingly asked, "How much will Skrillex hair feature in our setting?" Everyone laughed except Nate, Creative Director for the company and Lead Developer for the setting.

We've since developed the modules, and there's this half-orc NPC that was important enough to the story to warrant a portrait. It looks like my joke has become flesh.

Inverse Icarus fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 17, 2015

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I see that and I raise you...

(That's actually a really good half-orc, though. Who's the artist?)

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

The Crotch posted:

Alejandro García P.

He also drew a Mothman Oracle for us!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Suleman posted:

If you're looking for art of women in armor, this is a pretty solid choice.

Incredibly helpful, thank you. I'm going with this one from that tumblr for the lady blackguard:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

The Crotch posted:

I see that and I raise you...

Side-buzz (skrillex hair) is my favorite.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I don't know if anyone even wants this but I had an idea for an image site just for RPG images with tags as a resource for DMing and finding portraits. I finally set one up after discovering software that does pretty much exactly that. You can put in for example: "fantasy cleric mace male" and that should, once all the images are tagged, show every male cleric looking dude with a mace.

The content is just the folder of stuff I have saved from the past 3 incarnations of this thread (I'm not fully caught up on this one though). Might be a few duplicates.

Is this something people like and might use? I could use help tagging things if so. If you want to upload pics or edit tags you can make an account. Also let me know how well it works, or doesn't work if there is a problem.

http://ragea.net/rpgimg

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 18, 2015

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I don't know if anyone even wants this but I had an idea for an image site just for RPG images with tags as a resource for DMing and finding portraits. I finally set one up after discovering software that does pretty much exactly that. You can put in for example: "fantasy cleric mace male" and that should, once all the images are tagged, show every male cleric looking dude with a mace.

The content is just the folder of stuff I have saved from the past 3 incarnations of this thread (I'm not fully caught up on this one though). Might be a few duplicates.

Is this something people like and might use? I could use help tagging things if so. If you want to upload pics or edit tags you can make an account. Also let me know how well it works, or doesn't work if there is a problem.

http://ragea.net/rpgimg

You're doing a fine service. I will be tagging the crap out of this stuff.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Heatwizard posted:

You're doing a fine service. I will be tagging the crap out of this stuff.

Great! If you click the tagme tag that's everything which has been uploaded without any tags. I'm catching myself up on the last 15ish pages of this thread and then I will do another bulk upload of that stuff.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Just uploaded the last 900 or so images from this thread. I'm sure I missed some but the site now has 5089 images from these threads. I hope it's useful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'll add a link to the OP when I get home from work. Thanks for doing this.