Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Harlock posted:

Buy two for the special amputee in your life

Unfortunately they're half-scale, and I don't know any children amputees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Is there really no way to invert aiming in Counterspy? Fun game, but I keep missing shots because I'm used to reversing this poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I realize that that MGS Arm is, like, accurate because it's the Sci-Fi '80's. But, like, sitting on your desk, it's just going to look like a cheesy-rear end arm that isn't that cool or interesting.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
you mean like every single pre-order premium package tchotchke?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Static Rook posted:

Is there really no way to invert aiming in Counterspy? Fun game, but I keep missing shots because I'm used to reversing this poo poo.

Yeah that was what made me delete it. I'm surprised they don't let you change it.

Probably gonna get hell divers here in a bit. Off work the next few days and this seems like the perfect way to spend that time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

I realize that that MGS Arm is, like, accurate because it's the Sci-Fi '80's. But, like, sitting on your desk, it's just going to look like a cheesy-rear end arm that isn't that cool or interesting.
It's also not iconic to Big Boss as a character or anything, right?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Feenix posted:

It will stand beside my foot-tall Dark Souls 2 figure that no one gets is from Dark Souls 2 besides the people that played Dark Souls 2.

It's cool and interesting to me, which is the point :colbert:

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's also not iconic to Big Boss as a character or anything, right?

Its first appearance is The Phantom Pain, yeah.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is someone with fire and passion going to make a Helldivers thread? I would, but I'm currently reading the news in between important tasks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are the fingers poseable at least so it can sit there flipping you off for eternity?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Its first appearance is The Phantom Pain, yeah.

Isn't that the same arm as from Russian Steve Blum character in Peace Walker?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Static Rook posted:

Harton posted:

Yeah that was what made me delete it. I'm surprised they don't let you change it.

Maybe they updated it because I just found it in the options :doh: You can't do it in a mission, but if you go to the Options screen on the main menu there's a box you can tick to invert Y axis. Much better now :)

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Static Rook posted:

Maybe they updated it because I just found it in the options :doh: You can't do it in a mission, but if you go to the Options screen on the main menu there's a box you can tick to invert Y axis. Much better now :)

No poo poo, wow now I feel like an rear end in a top hat. I'm gonna have to download that again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Protip dudes: you're not flying a plane.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DrNutt posted:

Will Morpheus give me the option to Invert Y Axis on my head

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrNutt posted:

In my head I am.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Are any of the dlc:s for Lego Marvel Super Heroes worth it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will Morpheus give me the option to Invert Y Axis on my head

Put it on upside down

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

In my head I am.

This reminds me of back in the day when designers were trying to come up with intuitive schemes to control characters in 3D space and a lot of them settled on "make the guy move like a tank"

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

DrNutt posted:

I switched from inverted to regular about two years ago for reasons but inverted still kind of makes more sense to me. It has nothing to do with flying a plane. I think my point of reference for why inverted makes sense has something to do with the point where the skull meets the spine, like to look up that top/back part of your head is going back/down.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Inverted just works better when it comes to controls that arent mouselook. This is a known fact.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's also similar to how you control a camera when it's on a tripod, you push the stick up to make it point down. I actually think I started with inverted Y because of that, but I trained myself out of it because it tended to be a pain in the rear end to keep changing settings or if it didn't have it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well I'm convinced. Gonna grab Helldivers today, hope it's good!

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

1-Up posted:

Nope, unless your kids want to play with the DLC characters.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

1-Up posted:

the super pack is like a dollar and comes with Thanos along with some other fuckers like Phoneix, Black Suit Spidey, and A-Bomb. It's just like a dollar so that one's good; the other one with mostly no-name Asgard fuckers isn't worth it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

goferchan posted:

I think that's the whole point of Microsoft's HoloLens concept that they announced a few weeks ago; it's basically completely built around the idea of augmented reality. Check out the video they released (which is probably 10 times cooler than how it will actually work in real life, but hey, who knows!)

Yeah, I'm much more interested in Hololens than any VR headset. VR is long way off from being immersive and I'd rather be in a cool techno future where stuff is floating around in real space.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Syrinxx posted:

Well I'm convinced. Gonna grab Helldivers today, hope it's good!

I've been convinced by the thread as well, add me for Helldivers action guys. PSN: RadValtar

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's also similar to how you control a camera when it's on a tripod, you push the stick up to make it point down. I actually think I started with inverted Y because of that, but I trained myself out of it because it tended to be a pain in the rear end to keep changing settings or if it didn't have it.

Yeah, that was why I switched to normal as well. It isn't really that hard to switch to inverted from normal or vice versa, people just get freaked out because for the first hour it's like you have dyslexia of the thumb.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Xbox 360 system-wide defaults was the best idea ever and I can't believe none of the following generation copied it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

haveblue posted:

The Xbox 360 system-wide defaults was the best idea ever and I can't believe none of the following generation copied it.

I forgot all about that.

Inverted for life.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Will the MGSV arm fit in the Fallout 3 lunch box?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

MinibarMatchman posted:

the super pack is like a dollar and comes with Thanos along with some other fuckers like Phoneix, Black Suit Spidey, and A-Bomb. It's just like a dollar so that one's good; the other one with mostly no-name Asgard fuckers isn't worth it.

For ps4 it's 5 bucks. Same pack is 2.50 on ps3.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_QlOjbUQAErRKg.jpg[/timg]
:homebrew:

here's me still hoping for a new super famicom style new 3ds in the US.....

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone know if Helldivers has cross-platform play, ie can I play on my vita with my friends on PS4 and PS3?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If anyone buys one of those red PS4s I'll give them five bucks for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

you mean like every single pre-order premium package tchotchke?

Well, yes... I think a great many of them are pretty dorky and lame... but when you get a bust of Batman, or a figure of Nathan Drake, they represent a very obvious thing...

This just looks like a generic Robot Arm Iron Man Knockoff from ToysRus.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Gunder posted:

Does anyone know if Helldivers has cross-platform play, ie can I play on my vita with my friends on PS4 and PS3?

Yes.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
That MGS PS4 is ugly as sin and the controller is pretty stupid.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The arm is pretty lame. it doesn't represent anything MGS related. They could have done a drat cardboard box and have a better pack-in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell yeah, day 1 purchase for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jabro posted:

The arm is pretty lame. it doesn't represent anything MGS related. They could have done a drat cardboard box and have a better pack-in.

Not yet. It's described as "Snake's bionic arm" so I imagine by the end of TPP it will be strongly MGS-related.

• Locked thread