Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hell yeah, day 1 purchase for sure.

This really is the best news. And it's so soon too! Looked like they might have hinted toward the supernatural at the end of the trailer, too. Hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Did nobody play Peace Walker

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

Did nobody play Peace Walker

It sold like poo poo outside Japan so Rocket Peace is sadly not well known.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah if you don't think Rocket Peace is amazing you're not a true MGS oval office.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I still want to know if this hand statue has a lighter built into the thumb.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

osietra posted:

Is someone with fire and passion going to make a Helldivers thread? I would, but I'm currently reading the news in between important tasks.

I might if can find the time today. Can't decide on a name though, suggestions are welcome.

Helldivers: Have a big cup of liberty
Helldivers: would you like to know more?
Helldivers: Spreading democracy though superior force

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 4, 2015

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

SamBishop posted:

As for your question about the GTA games, those were all built on the RenderWare engine - middleware that allowed it to be ported to just about every platform out there without too much technical fussing. Back during the PS2 era, RenderWare was powering like one out of every four games released, so if the developers are still around, it definitely seems possible they could rejigger it to get it to work on other hardware, but anything built for the PS2 architecture and stuff like its vector units (think any of Naughty Dog or Insomniac's games) will almost certainly have to be done via emulation. MGS and FFX were completely rebuilt to work on Vita, but they were done in a way that would let them be on the PS3 (and in FFX/X-2's case, on PS4), so there was some forward thinking, I'm sure.

That would be Criteron, as in the Burnout developers. :rip:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I miss Burnout. Hopefully some day they'll port up Burnout 3, since that's the best game in the series and there's no chance of a sequel to Paradise.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I made a helldivers thread, if theres anything anyone wants added lmk

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So Helldivers multiplayer is showing no friends playing when I can see people in my friends list playing so I think it's kinda borked right now.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a way to make the minimap in Dragon Age not lovely? Not only does it not show any geography, it doesn't even have basic elevation symbols. I have no idea if this thing I'm looking for is on a mountain above me or in a cavern beneath.

Man, this game feels enormous now that I'm out of the starting area and have opened up several more locations.

Any tips on the combat? I'm playing on easy as a Mage, but I feel a bit underpowered in a lot of combat situations. I've been equipping better gear as a find it, but not really crafting anything yet. Level 8 if it makes a difference.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wasteland 2 is coming to PS4. Cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm glad I didn't cave in on buying Wasteland on PC, then.

EC posted:

Is there a way to make the minimap in Dragon Age not lovely? Not only does it not show any geography, it doesn't even have basic elevation symbols. I have no idea if this thing I'm looking for is on a mountain above me or in a cavern beneath.

Man, this game feels enormous now that I'm out of the starting area and have opened up several more locations.

Any tips on the combat? I'm playing on easy as a Mage, but I feel a bit underpowered in a lot of combat situations. I've been equipping better gear as a find it, but not really crafting anything yet. Level 8 if it makes a difference.

Which magic tree are you using? Lightning is the best for damage, I believe. I went pretty heavy with fire, Fire Mine is great for damage. and most of the spells cause panic. Ice and spirit are more for support and I'd suggest Vivienne for that stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh hey, this is a legit great RPG on PC. The graphics are pretty weak though, but the console versions are going to have updated character models, and shadow and lighting effects.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr.Citrus posted:

I might if can find the time today. Can't decide on a name though, suggestions are welcome.

Helldivers: Have a big cup of liberty
Helldivers: would you like to know more?
Helldivers: Spreading democracy though superior force

Join the Army, they said...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

EC posted:

Really it's a radar more than minimap. And no, there's not really a way to tell, though you do get used to looking at it and going "oh that's up there." Caves do have a special marker that shows up on the map once you've uncovered the area.

Go ahead and craft. Even lovely T1 schematics will give you better gear than the stuff you pick up, including 99% of uniques. Once you get masterworks there's no competition at all.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Very cool. I'll be all over that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My tip for someone just starting Dragon Age: Inquisition is to actually kind of just go quickly through the story until you get to the part where you have to chose either Mages or Templars as after that there's some opening up of mechanics. I spent way too much time on the early game when that part has much more to do. Also I believe that's when you finally get all the party members.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sony randomly charged me 5 bucks today. What's the deal? I saw people posting about it a few pages ago but didn't think much of it at the time.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

echronorian posted:

Sony randomly charged me 5 bucks today. What's the deal? I saw people posting about it a few pages ago but didn't think much of it at the time.

Did you actually get charged or is it from an old purchase and you're just getting the notice now?

For some reason the "funds have been added" and "thank you for your purchase" emails have been late / duplicated the past week or so, but so far nobody's actually been double charged or anything AFAIK.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Static Rook posted:

Did you actually get charged or is it from an old purchase and you're just getting the notice now?

For some reason the "funds have been added" and "thank you for your purchase" emails have been late / duplicated the past week or so, but so far nobody's actually been double charged or anything AFAIK.

I have a fresh charge in my account, but it may have just been processed late. Yeah, let's go with that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

echronorian posted:

Mine referenced 2/17/15

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Have you guys played Temple of Osiris yet? I saw some new DLC is coming out for it. Is it any good? Does it require couch coop or is online multiplayer still pretty active?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wasteland 2, anyone?!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...&adbpr=36969785

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Same page dude.

So, has anyone tried White Night? It seems to have just popped up on the store out of nowhere. Looks kind of cool.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
OlliOlli 2 is like crack. I'm waking up early to play a little before work.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pocket Billiards posted:

OlliOlli 2 is like crack. I'm waking up early to play a little before work.

Definitely. Played this night via remote play and you keep on thinking, "I can stick the next landing"

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Morby posted:

Have you guys played Temple of Osiris yet? I saw some new DLC is coming out for it. Is it any good? Does it require couch coop or is online multiplayer still pretty active?

I can't help but I'm stoked because this was a great couch co-op game with the wife.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

hiddenriverninja posted:

Definitely. Played this night via remote play and you keep on thinking, "I can stick the next landing"

Why wouldn't you just play it natively on the Vita? Does it not do Cross save?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

citizenlowell posted:

Why wouldn't you just play it natively on the Vita? Does it not do Cross save?

I was trying out the Remote Play app that's floating around xda.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

jabro posted:

The arm is pretty lame. it doesn't represent anything MGS related. They could have done a drat cardboard box and have a better pack-in.

uh yeah it does, it's from peace walker, snake takes it from zadornov

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should have been the bandana. I want infinite ammo in real life.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Jimbot posted:

Should have been the bandana. I want infinite ammo in real life.

Kept you waiting huh?

.....your therapist I mean.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

What do y'all suppose the odds are they'll port Legacy Collection to PS4 as part of the lead-up to Phantom Pain's release? Despite having had a PSX and a PS2 I have never played a MGS game, and I don't have a PS3. :(

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

What do y'all suppose the odds are they'll port Legacy Collection to PS4 as part of the lead-up to Phantom Pain's release? Despite having had a PSX and a PS2 I have never played a MGS game, and I don't have a PS3. :(

This would print money

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope they port the Collection so I can buy it for a third time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Apparently there are a million reasons MGS3 will never work on anything other than the PS3's crazy hardware but I want it too

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Mr E posted:

I hope they port the Collection so I can buy it for a third time.

I hope they do so I can play MGS4 without buying a PS3. I'd take a PC release (which will never happen)

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Athenry posted:

I hope they do so I can play MGS4 without buying a PS3. I'd take a PC release (which will never happen)

I think you can play MGS4 with PS Now? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm almost positive I saw it in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

It's on 360 too if you happen to have that.

• Locked thread