Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

I used the app to book the ADRs and it seemed to work well, I got the confirmation emails and eveything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
Aaaand it's just about booked solid. Couldn't get a table for the week I'm down there.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Oh good, the one thing I liked about that place is kaput. Also I probably get yelled at about it when I am doing their strollers at Belle.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Lincoln posted:

Hm. When I click to confirm the card I'm reserving the ADR with, it takes me to a blank screen, and the ADR doesn't take. Then I can't get back onto the WDW website at all for a couple of minutes. Lather, rinse, repeat.

edit: Whew. Got it after about 45 minutes of trying, failing, reloading... If anyone else is having the same problem, just be persistent.

I get this ALL the time with any Disney site so I always use an incognito window in Chrome. Works a treat.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Hat's down.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Circutron posted:

Hat's down.

I'll admit, it will be weird going later this year and not seeing the hat. I'm one of those who grew up with it always being there, and it never really bothered me much.

Eglamore
Apr 19, 2005

Walker told me I have AIDS.
Ok turns out their servers were just taking the world's biggest beating. I was able to make a lunch reservation for 5 easily just now, and there were at least two spots on other days as well so maybe it won't be as absolutely horrible as it first appeared. Though I'm going to guess there's going to be an angry wait line for a while still.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I got an error all day on Disney sites.

They released the party dates for this year.

Dates for 2015 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party are:

Sept. 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
Oct. 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
Nov. 1

Dates for 2015 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are:

Nov. 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29
Dec.1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

I'm going to be dropping my BOG lunch reservations for 3/3 12:50 PM & 3/5 2 PM, both for 2. Interested goons have 24 hours to post here or PM me if you'd like one of the times before I cancel them :)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I managed to snag a bottom-tier choice day for BOG lunch, but later in the day there were a shitton of spots open so I ended up getting 3 until I had one I wanted. Everything worked out okay :toot:.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Richard M Nixon posted:

I managed to snag a bottom-tier choice day for BOG lunch, but later in the day there were a shitton of spots open so I ended up getting 3 until I had one I wanted. Everything worked out okay :toot:.

Me too except I called during my lunch hour, asked for a supervisor and ripped them a shiny new rear end. I was not happy after spending over an hour this morning booking a reservation, making it to the very end then it would crash or tell me "sorry but that reservation time is no longer available." wait, you let me reserve it and took my credit card number then come back at the very end with a so sorry line? No. Absolutely not. I sort of felt bad but at the same time I know that the reservation agents go in first thing and put a hold on a bunch of reservations for different times so when people like me call wanting to rain fire & brimstone down upon them they have a cushion. lovely but it's common practice.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I just had the Yellowfin Tuna entre at Flying Fish, one of the best tuna dishes I've ever had. The crust on it was dare I say magical.

The menu posted:

Ginger-Teriyaki crusted Yellowfin Tuna Filet - Asian Vegetable Stir-fry, Curry-Kaffir Lime-Lemongrass-Coconut-Carrot Infusion

tomapot fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 26, 2015

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

F & G menus up!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-outdoor-kitchens-menus-and-food-photos/

I'm pretty excited about the new South American booth and the sweet tea. It's kind of a guilty pleasure for when I can find some :shobon: I guess I definitely know where I'll be spending all of my snack credits.

And of course, the alcoholic Dole whip :getin: I'm not supposed to be drinking alcohol (moderate amounts are fine) but I'll make an exception for that and the adult ice pop.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Circutron posted:

Hat's down.

Good. I went as a little kid to MGM and always thought this was so awkward. I do hope they move it, though. I think moving it to the big rear end entrance to Fantasmic would be sick.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Tim Whatley posted:

Good. I went as a little kid to MGM and always thought this was so awkward. I do hope they move it, though. I think moving it to the big rear end entrance to Fantasmic would be sick.

That, I believe, was discussed as a possible location for the hat, but putting it there would make it visible from Epcot, and they work hide to keep sightlines clean (exepct the Swan and Dolphin for whatever reason)

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
It's nice to see DHS looking proper again. I never had a problem with the hat other than it just looked very awkward and out of place to me.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Posting this from the west wing room at BOG. This place is amazing.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
The wife and I are thinking of driving over for the day to check out the start of Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

With the Strawberry Festival finishing up not far from Orlando, and the state of Florida having spring break, does anyone have any idea what are the crowds expected to be this weekend?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Opening weekend of the F & G is pretty busy. We are headed to SF this Saturday and I intend to come back with flats of delicious strawberries for cheap. Also pray for me as I am also going to hit every single vendor on the midway eating deep fried everything.. snickers, ice cream, butter. If they can throw it in a deep fryer and sell it, I plan on shoving it down my gullet. Sunday will not be a good day for me.

MK had a soft opening of some of the new areas that were being worked on and I shared the pics of recently. In particular the area in front of Casey's is open. It's fastpass only for fireworks viewing too so don't be upset. Welcome to fastpass everything.. fastpass restrooms are just on the horizon.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

I'm here now! I'll be popping over to Epcot after Hollywood Studios tonight most likely so I can do a mini report but on Friday I'll be there all day.

And holy poo poo the view is so much better without the hat.

Speaking of views, I paid for a water view because all other categories were sold out. Got a lovely towel box view as seen below in 1521. You could see a part of the quiet pool but :geno:

We immediately went back to the lobby to complain and they were nice enough to change our room after I showed them the photo. Got this awesome view in our new room on the 4th floor :dance:

Ohana last night was amazing, Brown Derby tonight!

PS no soft opening for F&G and all of the booths were covered up last night in Epcot :( the topiaries were super cool tho!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That's a fantastic view! Glad they were able to move you.

And I'm also crazy jealous.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Dang I really hate the Swan and Dolphin. Photo could look like a quaint if somewhat manufactured-looking seaside town if no for those ugly loving monstrosities. gently caress them.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

Dang I really hate the Swan and Dolphin. Photo could look like a quaint if somewhat manufactured-looking seaside town if no for those ugly loving monstrosities. gently caress them.

Good news they finished demolition of the sorcerers hat and were able to raze both the Swan & Dolphin in a couple of days!

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

I thought the giant swan/fish was cool when I was little :shobon:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I appreciate the Swan and Dolphin because my aunt works for Starwood and can get me the hookup for cheap rooms. The breakfast buffet at Swan is pretty legit and has characters once a week. It's also a quick stroll to boardwalk and jellyrolls. I can't hate it

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

demonR6 posted:

Good news they finished demolition of the sorcerers hat and were able to raze both the Swan & Dolphin in a couple of days!

Is that from Beach Club? Are you finding that the location is worth the extra cost versus staying at a moderate-level resort?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You can easily walk to Epcot and Studios.. good selection of restaurants at the resort if you are on DDP and the Boardwalk has a nice selection as well. My nephew vacations here every other year and always stays at Yacht.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

Is that from Beach Club? Are you finding that the location is worth the extra cost versus staying at a moderate-level resort?

That's from Beach Club, yes. The pool is incredible and location is amazing as you're right by Epcot and can boat there & to MGM. Feels way more magical than taking buses :) this is my first full day tho. I can post an update about if I feel like it was worth it after I'm back home. I'm on a recently renovated floor and the room is super nice. Beds great and everything but they screwed up the outlets so not all of them can actually keep a plug in. I'm sure that will be fixed but just annoying that I can't charge my gadgets anywhere in the room.

We budgeted for three but my brother couldn't go so we used that money for a deluxe because why not :v: normally I don't care about the view but only category available so we took it. The new view is 100% worth it.

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach when I was a kid and loved it but so many buses. Next trip was Cornando Springs idk how to spell it but it was a pain. Don't know about the other moderates. But to me, you mainly pay for the location for deluxes other than Saratoga springs which is cheaper because it's so far out. Others have boats monorails or just super close to the park (AKL).

If you're into signature dining and the like, it's very easy to do so at deluxes without worrying about how you'll get back to your home resort.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I can report on the new fastpass viewing for Wishes since I was there Sunday.

Much better view overall! The old location was on the grass in the rose garden. There were no walkways so either you were standing or braving the possibly wet grass. Sure, you're right under where Tinker Bell flies but you lose some of the view being so close and off center. The fireworks look like they go off to the right of the castle.

The new area has walkways and grass and has a much nicer view of the castle and fireworks. It's right across from casey's corner and you're far enough back that the fireworks are behind the castle and none are blocked by it. They open the gates on the right hand side when they're over so you don't need to exit the way you came in.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

If anyone is still curious about Be Our Guest lunch reservations, I was able to get one for a Thursday in June. Tuesday and Thursday that week were actually available. I was shocked and snagged it right away.

I only have 2 ADR's for my trip that's 3 months away. We are trying to not book too much and just eat where we feel like when we want. I've never done a disney trip like this, I'm kind of excited about it.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Apropros of nothing, just need to get this out in the middle of a crap work week...

Thanksgiving 2013, first time at Disney in like 15 years(only second time ever). Was blown out of my mind, so good. Got hooked.

September 2014, this time my brother and his gf came while coincidentally my best friend was working at Disney as a Pricing analyst. Another amazing experience.

2015...getting married and honeymooning in Maui, yet this drat thread still has me aching that I can't keep the train going and head down this year.

I'm not a crazy park person but MAN has Disney got me where it counts (I blame the modern end of the Japan store for that. 1st night drunken Epcot adventure left me feeling like a 8 year old watching DBZ and playing Mega Man X)

Mass consume Dole Whips and drink around this crazy planet earth for me please, all you lucky people :saddowns:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crazyweasel posted:

Mass consume Dole Whips and drink around this crazy planet earth for me please, all you lucky people :saddowns:

Will toss down a couple on your behalf.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Crazyweasel posted:

If you're jonesing for a Dole Whip while you're in Hawaii you could head over to Aulani. I'm 99% sure they have dole whips over there :)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

demonR6 posted:

It's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.....

Please nuke them for real next time.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I really like the swan/dolphin because I was like 8 when I first saw them and thought they were cool and I guess that's never worn off. :ohdear:

I mean, they're like dolphin/swan palaces!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

It's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined.....

Please nuke them for real next time.

Funny thing I had just finished up editing the image and my wife walks in and says "Wow was that before S & D were built? The skyline looks so much nicer."

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Not sure if this is within the thread's collective knowledge, but I'll try it anyway. A couple of friends and I want to run one of the WDW half-marathons next year and right now we're thinking of either the one that takes place during WDW Marathon Weekend (Jan. 6-10), the day before the full marathon, or the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (Feb. 18-21).

They both look fun, so as a tie-breaker, I'm thinking about crowds. Would the Princess weekend be less crowded since it doesn't have the marathon runners, or does it still attract enough people that I shouldn't bother factoring crowds into the decision?

Braksgirl, any chance you could get us any deals if we booked through you on this, or are we pretty much stuck with whatever Disney feels like charging runners since the dates are obviously pretty inflexible?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

effervescible posted:

Not sure if this is within the thread's collective knowledge, but I'll try it anyway. A couple of friends and I want to run one of the WDW half-marathons next year and right now we're thinking of either the one that takes place during WDW Marathon Weekend (Jan. 6-10), the day before the full marathon, or the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend (Feb. 18-21).

They both look fun, so as a tie-breaker, I'm thinking about crowds. Would the Princess weekend be less crowded since it doesn't have the marathon runners, or does it still attract enough people that I shouldn't bother factoring crowds into the decision?

Braksgirl, any chance you could get us any deals if we booked through you on this, or are we pretty much stuck with whatever Disney feels like charging runners since the dates are obviously pretty inflexible?

Marathon weekends are always pretty busy. You would be surprised at the number of people that participate. The DPHM this year seemed more busy because of the holiday. Also take into account that we are now busy almost year round because the South Americans never seem to stop coming to the parks anymore. It's always open season for them. Even last weekend was annoying busy for an off-season. I know there is at least one goon vacationing here now that can trip report what this week has been like for reference.

Personally I would stick with the latter date since your chances of it being brutally cold are somewhat less.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

effervescible posted:

I don't have any discounts for then. In fact, Disney hasn't even released 2016 package prices at this point. They usually release package prices for the following year in the summer. I'd be happy to help you plan if you like, giving you my service and expertise, and a little pixie dust for free, but I can't give you any discount.

Disney usually has some kind of discount for those dates, though.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
They're officially expanding Soarin' and Toy Story:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/more-opportunities-to-soar-enjoy-toy-story-mania-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

I'd heard people mention this here and elsewhere but I don't think it was "official" yet