Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hadaka Apron posted:

This is the best explanation of Gamergate I've seen:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/

If Zoe Quinn had just let the whole thing burn out on its own, it would've lasted about a week.

NERD

TRAP

SPRUNG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Majorian posted:

Oh R. Mute...the very personification of the left-wing circular firing squad~
i posted a picture from a movie that idiot fuckers keep using to express how much they think everyone is dumber than them and you turn it into an american left vs right thing and now you're insinuating we're on the same political side? s. m. f. h.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress units are those.

the Correct ones which are actually useful and not based on some dead guy's anatomy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress units are those.

"cm" is short for "cum." It's measured in jizz droplets.

R. Mute posted:

i posted a picture from a movie that idiot fuckers keep using to express how much they think everyone is dumber than them and you turn it into an american left vs right thing and now you're insinuating we're on the same political side? s. m. f. h.

Oooh, he mad.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hadaka Apron posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/09/04/gamergate-a-closer-look-at-the-controversy-sweeping-video-games/

If Zoe Quinn had just let the whole thing burn out on its own, it would've lasted about a week.

EDIT: Corrected the link.

true, generally when women ignore harrasment and don't challenge their attackers it blows over without comment

my sister used to respond to guys who yelled at her in the street until she got tired of being called a bitch whore for standing up for herself

entitled loudmouth internet virgins absolutely cannot stand being challenged and questioned as it strikes the one thing they value, their towering intellect, and this explains why every argument on every forum goes nowhere for hundreds of pages

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Majorian posted:

"cm" is short for "cum." It's measured in jizz droplets.

Oooh, he mad.
please stop trying to be funny

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zeitgueist posted:

otoh i liked fma:brotherhood

Taht and Cowboy Bebop are the only animes Ive ever been able to watch

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the double entendres in that sentence were p. cool, i thought, yeah

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

nutranurse posted:

it was mad stylish

This guy gets it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I remember enjoying Visions of Escaflowne, back when I watched it in college. I suspect if I went back and watched it again, I would end up wincing a lot.

Haibane Renmei had a great concept behind it, and handled it well in my opinion.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I liked monster but I think that was deemed acceptable by the gatekeepers of high culture or something

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

euphronius posted:

What is the normal size?

One bone of contention is that only a few studies collected measurements while men had an erect penis; most studies had men stretch their flaccid penis to infer its erect size.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

R. Mute posted:

please stop trying to be funny

:chillout:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nutranurse posted:

tell him how great it is to live in the most diverse whites-only city in the country

Better than Portland, Oregon?

Owns bowns.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I remember enjoying Visions of Escaflowne, back when I watched it in college. I suspect if I went back and watched it again, I would end up wincing a lot.

Haibane Renmei had a great concept behind it, and handled it well in my opinion.

:hr:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
My first post in the new chat thread is to state that anime is good.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Popular Thug Drink posted:

true, generally when women ignore harrasment and don't challenge their attackers it blows over without comment

my sister used to respond to guys who yelled at her in the street until she got tired of being called a bitch whore for standing up for herself

She tried to take down a video that criticized her using the DMCA, even though there is nothing the internet hates more that people who try to take stuff like that down.

You never wrestle with a pig- you get dirty, and the pig likes it.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Hadaka Apron posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/09/04/gamergate-a-closer-look-at-the-controversy-sweeping-video-games/

EDIT: Corrected the link.

grant advocating full communism itt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Matoi Ryuko anime is discussed here even when your not here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
all this focus on dick length when the average vagina is only about 5in deep and the gspot only a few inches away from the vulva :cmon:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I don't actually know what gamergate is about and I refuse to find out

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

kustomkarkommando posted:

Actually,

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It has been explained to me 3 times and I still dont know.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hadaka Apron posted:

She tried to take down a video that criticized her using the DMCA, even though there is nothing the internet hates more that people who try to take stuff like that down.

like i said entitled loudmouth internet virgins absolutely cannot stand being challenged and questioned as it strikes the one thing they value, their towering intellect, and this explains why every argument on every forum goes nowhere for hundreds of pages

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Better than Portland, Oregon?

Owns bowns.

see, portland has history to back them at least b/c oregon literally barred blacks from living in the state for a really long time.

austin's excuse is just that they don't like nonwhites and you just have to deal with that.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

This is what I tried to do but goons keep ruining it for me. But even when people explain I still don't get why they care.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

no

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hadaka Apron posted:

You never wrestle with a pig- you get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jaysis Keryst. I've unleashed a monster.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

All i know is a lot of nerds are pissy about video games journalists which sounds as stupid as the idiots that get pissed off at music journalists for not liking some dumb album they love

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

!!!!

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

all this focus on dick length when the average vagina is only about 5in deep and the gspot only a few inches away from the vulva :cmon:

Body shaming is an American passtime. Possibly a world one.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

it's about imageboard culture and how creepy internet dudes learn the hard way that being an absolute butthole to people you disagree with does not in fact translate well to irl political activism and or public perception of your movement

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

This is unhelpful and part of the issue at hand.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

Matoi Ryuko anime is discussed here even when your not here.

Oh, okay. That makes me feel like less of a nuisance.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

p. sure the "g-spot" doesn't actually exist

like, they did thorough anatomical studies and concluded that nope, it's bullshit

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

All i know is a lot of nerds are pissy about video games journalists which sounds as stupid as the idiots that get pissed off at music journalists for not liking some dumb album they love

I'm pretty sure it's just nerds thinking they can't be misogynistic bullies because they were bullied as kids, but actually being misogynistic bullies nonetheless.

But I'm not sure.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

This is unhelpful and part of the issue at hand.

there is a big elephant in the room in regards as to why a substantial faction of pro gamergaters are vicious and hostile to women

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nerds are angry at Nerds and both parties need to get a room and have angry hate sex till they feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

joeburz posted:

grant advocating full communism itt

Or Neoconservatism.

• Locked thread