Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Surely the MLB.tv player can't be this bad, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be surprised if the MLB.TV guys had any more input beyond "here you can borrow our 2008 coding" and called it a day

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm watching an old Tough Enough where Kurt Angle is a guest. In some cut footage he is talking about how in 96 he was offered a 10-year multi million dollar contract, but he turned it down.

Isn't that the same contract Mark Henry got?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Surely the MLB.tv player can't be this bad, right?

MLB.tv is fine, even though it crashes a fair amount when I run it through my iPad to my Chromecast. The interface and everything is fine.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MLB.tv has archival poo poo but nothing to the extent of this so it's really unfair to compare. They're mostly used to make the live stream part work optimally

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

triplexpac posted:

I'm impressed they acknowledged them at all, I was not expecting that.

And yeah my #1 annoyance with the Network is the awful search bar. It's absolutely terrible, at least on PC where I do all my viewing.

from what I've seen the PC actually has the best search, if you can believe that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sportsgenius86 posted:

MLB.tv has archival poo poo but nothing to the extent of this so it's really unfair to compare. They're mostly used to make the live stream part work optimally

There are like 2500 MLB games played every year and each of those are maybe averaging 2.5 hours long, and they have regular season games going back several years.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alain Post posted:

There are like 2500 MLB games played every year and each of those are maybe averaging 2.5 hours long, and they have regular season games going back several years.

Perhaps I'm underestimating, but I mean from the standpoint that it's not the primary function of the service so the archive probably isn't the same stress wise

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have had MLB.TV for several years now, and I don't think I've ever gone back to watch an archived game unless it was one I was at and wanted to find myself in the crowd. I also would assume that any given live feed on MLB TV, since there could be 30 of them at any given time, gets only a fraction of the viewers of a PPV event.

WWE Network should give us condensed Raws like condensed games on MLB.TV. I miss the guy that was doing them on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCkZqCXqgfClLoB5-jCOb8hA

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think what bothers me the most about the network search is the match I'm looking for usually gets spoiled in the search results.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

And yeah my #1 annoyance with the Network is the awful search bar. It's absolutely terrible, at least on PC where I do all my viewing.
Yeah, even Steve Austin has specifically complained about the search on his podcast. It has the most bizarre, picky behavior of any search engine I've ever used.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The search behaves like Lycos circa 1996

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's bleeding-edge to Vince.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I just want to spend my $25 credit. Why are you making this so difficult

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

What kind of Big Randy merch do they have

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

not enough.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

When you search for "Big Randy" they just give you 0 results and don't even suggest anything else!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Watched some more Tough Enough last night. This time they had a long speech by Kurt Angle that was edited out of the original broadcast. It was funny when Nowinski apparently asked something along the lines of "what did you do to get pushed to the top of the WWF so quickly?" and Taz just flips out on him for it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

they've added a bunch of Raws from 1996 (8 weeks worth) and it's now up to mid October 96.

closer and closer to the attitude era, finally

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

So I emailed WWE about how I felt slighted by some getting the $25 credit and others not. Their form promised a response within 48 hours. I couldn't even get a rejection email.

Fuckin bullshit.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i never got mine and i havent watched nxt since

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So I emailed WWE about how I felt slighted by some getting the $25 credit and others not. Their form promised a response within 48 hours. I couldn't even get a rejection email.

Fuckin bullshit.

I hope they give you rejection emoji

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I never got mine so I emailed Kevin Dunn and he told me to suck it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Daniel Bryan posted:

I never got mine so I emailed Kevin Dunn and he told me to suck it

That toothy ratfaced gently caress probably gives terrible blowjobs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The next NXT special is on March 25th, cleverly placed a few days before Wrestlemania so that if you want to subscribe for an NXT special they can pretend you subscribed for Wrestlemania instead because look how much everyone wants to see Roman Reigns win.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonz posted:

That toothy ratfaced gently caress probably gives terrible blowjobs.
He'd probably just move his head in and out really fast

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

sticklefifer posted:

The next NXT special is on March 25th, cleverly placed a few days before Wrestlemania so that if you want to subscribe for an NXT special they can pretend you subscribed for Wrestlemania instead because look how much everyone wants to see Roman Reigns win.

Where did you hear that special date?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Where did you hear that special date?

They advertised it on the Network as the date that Balor and Owens have their title match, but never said anything about it being a live special.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

They advertised it on the Network as the date that Balor and Owens have their title match, but never said anything about it being a live special.

It's not it's a taped NXT episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Extreme Rules is April 26th so if you subscribed for WM you'd get two PPVs for one month, this way if you want the NXT special you would have to also pay for Extreme Rules.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

Well they called it "NXT: Next Generation" in the promo commercial, so it's not a Takeover special but apparently something else if it has a name. Considering it's Wrestlemania week it's probably an Axxess special.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
The network has stopped working for me on my Xbox 360 over the last two weeks. When I try to watch something On Demand it gives me a "Check your network connection" type error. My internet is working fine and the xbox is connected (netflix works as normal, for example), and I can watch the network from my laptop with no problems. Is there a fix to get it working on the 360 again?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I just saw that the complete HOF ceremonies from 2004 on have been added to the network.

This is great. Now I can watch Piper's induction speech, which is my favorite HOF moment yet, as well as Flair inducting Piper, which is my second favorite HOF moment.

"I got 25 dollars....:unsmith:...Canadian...:smith:"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

When are they going to get around to putting up all the Attitude Era Raws?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Watched the Booker T 24 special. Great stuff, but wow I laughed my rear end off at them glossing over HHH/Booker at Mania.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Watched the Booker T 24 special. Great stuff, but wow I laughed my rear end off at them glossing over HHH/Booker at Mania.

haha yea them making it seem like Booker won was hilarious

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If it weren't for streaming video (and their own network) I wonder how much more revisionist WWE would make their own history.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I forgot which day the payment came out the bank account I use for the Network, Netflix etc... And I got an email today saying it had failed. Jumped online and paid it. It's fine on my phone and computer but when I try to watch it via my Xbox 360 it keeps saying "the server is not available right now"

Is this a coincidence and the server is down for Xbox? Or has the failed payment hosed something up on it?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I've had issues where PSN has been down and I couldn't use the Network on my PS3, but that was unrelated to it working on the Web.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I guess Vince is still holding a grudge against WCW because no matter what pay per view from any year I attempt to watch it freezes, buffers, and skips until it closes. I can fire up any WWE or ECW PPV just fine.