Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I kind of wish they'd just do one more universe wipe and make each platform have the same co-ordinates.

The entire lovely forum community shat a brick when there was a wipe not too long after launch, as much as we need it, we won't get another wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

oddium posted:

I don't want expecations to get too high, but let's just say I'm bound to star in this game. Keep an eye out

This is you tacitly admitting that you were one of the people who paid $200 dollars on kickstarter to have an NPC named after you, right? :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

30 people paid $500 to make a hat for the game. 12 people paid $2000 to get a statue in game

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Backers and their money are easily parted

hEH

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

oddium posted:

30 people paid $500 to make a hat for the game. 12 people paid $2000 to get a statue in game

"I may have pissed myself right in front of everyone, but other people poo poo their pants! Heh, what losers, right guys?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any statue of a backer I find I'm going to immediately trash :smug:

WAY TO WASTE YOUR MONEY, GUYS!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

What are you talking about

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Slime posted:

"I may have pissed myself right in front of everyone, but other people poo poo their pants! Heh, what losers, right guys?"

Please explain what you're talking about. If you're in trouble I can help but you have to let me know

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
They believe you are one of the people who paid $200 to the kickstarter because of a joke.

Orv
May 4, 2011
To be fair it was a poo poo joke.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
That would be Starbound, Starfriend.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Thank goodness it was just a misunderstanding. Of course my offer still stands, for anyone. Stay safe

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

ColHannibal posted:

The entire lovely forum community shat a brick when there was a wipe not too long after launch, as much as we need it, we won't get another wipe.

Didn't they silently wipe everyone with the winter update?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

oddium posted:

Thank goodness it was just a misunderstanding. Of course my offer still stands, for anyone. Stay safe

help

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Afraid of Audio posted:

They believe you are one of the people who paid $200 to the kickstarter because of a joke.

There was never a kickstarter for starbound, starpal.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I will help you

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I built a house!

I also doodled some friend's characters! (timged for lovely)

So, yeah, I haven't played this game in a longass time, but the winter update has been really fun so far. I just hope this means updates will be more frequent in the future, too.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oddium posted:

god bless

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Hey, just wondering, are there any mods to get rid of ambient sounds? When I play with the music off, I really don't want to hear a bunch of wind or bugs, I'm trying to listen to podcasts.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Beekeeping and You posted:

Hey, just wondering, are there any mods to get rid of ambient sounds? When I play with the music off, I really don't want to hear a bunch of wind or bugs, I'm trying to listen to podcasts.
Can't you just use the Windows volume mixer?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hello friends I've been away for a while, is the first dungeon still bad?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Inverness posted:

Can't you just use the Windows volume mixer?

I mean, I still want to hear things like my friends jamming on their lovely midi instruments, just not stupid ambient noises.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Beekeeping and You posted:

I built a house!

I also doodled some friend's characters! (timged for lovely)

So, yeah, I haven't played this game in a longass time, but the winter update has been really fun so far. I just hope this means updates will be more frequent in the future, too.

Cute house! Nice doodles too, I especially like the bird lady. Sorry to the rest of the posters in this thread for being sincere

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Cute house! Nice doodles too, I especially like the bird lady. Sorry to the rest of the posters in this thread for being sincere

Hey, thanks! Also, yeah, sincerity

I realize at this point that starbound has been/is bad but I hate terraria's art so I want it to succeed

I also like the random generation, different species, and modding potential

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

http://playstarbound.com/march-6th-teleportation/

Teleport testing :toot:

Looks pretty good.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
That looks nice. I was kinda looking forward to building a giant room full of teleporters to my various planets. This will do too I guess.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

This thread is on the verge of becoming stagnant... We must post more!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hI.

THIS GAME IS FUN.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

starbound, its alright

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my g/f and I played it all last weekend. it was rad.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I played for a while and then I stopped for forever.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Tin Tim posted:

Hello friends I've been away for a while, is the first dungeon still bad?
I demand an answer :colbert:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

LiquidCatnip posted:

hI.

THIS GAME IS FUN.

Cue the little broom witch and the shaky head mans.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I am confused this is the space terraria thread right?

Not another super sekret E:D one right?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

I demand an answer :colbert:

It's terrible.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
I bought this game on a whim over a year ago. Had a few hours of fun digging for ores, then promptly forgot about it for a year.

With the new update, i played it again. Spent a few hours digging for ores and beating all the bosses, thinking "yes finally i have gotten somewhere and this game will start having a reason to keep playing!"

That didnt happen. There is no reason to "play" this "game".

Oh well maybe in 2016.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LiquidCatnip posted:

I am confused this is the space terraria thread right?

Not another super sekret E:D one right?

what are you talking about

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Starbound is a fantastic game. Better than Aliens: colonial marines. Which is another of my favorite games

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Starbound is a fantastic game. Better than Aliens: colonial marines. Which is another of my favorite games

This is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bilal posted:

This is true.

The next post is false.

• Locked thread