Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

sorry, i won't derail

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

sorry, i won't derail

pun for 219

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

posting on page 219

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Forums Terrorist posted:

posting on page 219
replying on page 219

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jonny 2190

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

qirex posted:

jonny 90210

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Luigi Thirty posted:

pax is standard jargon in transportation for passengers y'all trying too hard

i've seen flight attendants use it on "dumb poo poo passengers do"-type tumblrs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

And uber drivers have started using it the same way a teenage CoD player shouts military lingo into the microphone. Cute!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

And uber drivers have started using it the same way a teenage CoD player shouts military lingo into the microphone. Cute!

uber drivers are probably totally unaware that flight attendants have 3x the pay with full benefits

they're just dumb women who coddle bad "paxes." if airlines rated passengers properly and hired independent contractors, then they would realize the full benefit of aerial ridesharing and total bitch 4.7s wouldn't feel entitled to their drinks

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
that series of posts is the best thing ive seen in a while

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
does dispatch refer to a passenger who's currently in the car as "pax vobiscum"?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

thats because its a standard aviation abbreviation

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Stringent posted:

does dispatch refer to a passenger who's currently in the car as "pax vobiscum"?

uber drivers reportedly getting laid

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

PCjr sidecar posted:

uber drivers reportedly getting laid

well uber man did

at some point at least

then he and his now baby mama had an internet falling out and he posted this to embarass her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDQziM9VY70

tbh, i think it's more embarassing for him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

FMguru posted:

replying on page 219

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the page 219 boom will never end, invest now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm expecting a fully vertical roi after 40 posts

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
so what is the cutoff average rating for uber drivers?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

page 219 update
uber is bad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

the whole "pax" thing really bugs me

same

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

so what is the cutoff average rating for uber drivers?

4.7/4.6 ish, depends how desperate they are for drivers.
from all accounts, what happens is a manager opens up the database has a look and if anyone stands out they just deactivate them on the spot.

its really loving stupid and should be replaced with acceptable/unacceptable and a drop down menu of reasons if you choose unacceptable. basically you have to give 5 stars for everything, 4 if something really bad happens (soiled car, abusive driver), 3 if the car is on fire, 2 and 1 if you are hitler.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

No...it's not that simple....most passengers sit in the pax rear seat so if you cross-draw with your left hand your pointing your muzzle directly at the pax. .....and it only takes a split second for a standard cross draw.... even while you're driving. If the pax was behind the driver.... the same cross-draw with an across the body aim underneath your right armpit will put the round thru your drivers seat and into the perp. Sure - it's a blind shot.... but the first thing 100% of the criminals out there would do when the gun first went off.... would be to run like a "puzzy" out of the car. You would ONLY be in the confrontational situation if you had to pull the gun to protect your life... as opposed to having to protect your life with only your dick in your hand.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
The phrase 'juggling a plate of greasy french fries' makes me madder than the rest of his rant, tbh. How can you juggle one plate? Was it actually a plate? Why would someone be eating off a plate (and presumably bring the plate with them from their house) when they were waiting for a cab rideshare? Why do you need to emphasise that the fries were 'greasy'? Did you have one to confirm this or is this another dogwhistle term to imply that they were lower-class / poor quality fries? Why are you so angry about driving a cab ridesharing?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lmao that whiny uber dickhead got a response from head office to his list of demands

quote:

Lois at Uber (Uber)

Mar 2, 16:39

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out, and happy to explain!

We want the Uber system to be as reliable as possible so riders are always able to get a ride when they need one. To help make that happen, we use acceptance rates to encourage drivers to accept all trip requests.

Here are a few tips you can use to make sure you have a high acceptance rate:

Accept all trip requests that you receive.
If you're not ready to accept requests, be sure to go offline.
Make sure the volume is turned up on your phone so you can always hear the sound when a new request is received.

Hope that helps clear this up for you, and please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best,

Lois

Uber Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Lois. Thanks for writing back. I didn't "reach out". I responded to an email you guys sent me about cancellations, but the canned response you sent me just now is about acceptance rates. Those are separate issues. I guess that's the nature of canned responses. It's easy to choose the wrong one. No problem.

Since you bring up acceptance rates though and are offering me tips, why are you encouraging me to accept all trip requests? What is the point of rating riders if I am not to use their score to be judicious about whom I pick up?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

No...it's not that simple....most passengers sit in the pax rear seat so if you cross-draw with your left hand your pointing your muzzle directly at the pax. .....and it only takes a split second for a standard cross draw.... even while you're driving. If the pax was behind the driver.... the same cross-draw with an across the body aim underneath your right armpit will put the round thru your drivers seat and into the perp. Sure - it's a blind shot.... but the first thing 100% of the criminals out there would do when the gun first went off.... would be to run like a "puzzy" out of the car. You would ONLY be in the confrontational situation if you had to pull the gun to protect your life... as opposed to having to protect your life with only your dick in your hand.

link please

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I sit in the front when I take an uber. does that make me a bad human?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Uber is the new bitcoin

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

graph posted:

link please

http://uberpeople.net/threads/concealed-carry.14178/page-8#post-200609

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cyberia posted:

The phrase 'juggling a plate of greasy french fries' makes me madder than the rest of his rant, tbh. How can you juggle one plate? Was it actually a plate? Why would someone be eating off a plate (and presumably bring the plate with them from their house) when they were waiting for a cab rideshare? Why do you need to emphasise that the fries were 'greasy'? Did you have one to confirm this or is this another dogwhistle term to imply that they were lower-class / poor quality fries? Why are you so angry about driving a cab ridesharing?

she had one of those takeaway paper plates and the grease was probs seeping thru the bottom

mayhaps you sir are the racist

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
oh and I had to have the driver stop so I could poo poo in a porta John when I was hammered after the World Cup. opened the door and puked out the car, and still got a five star rating from her. probably because it was a $100 uber fare.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

lol at Uber's plummeting value when drivers realize they're getting hosed and bail, leaving the new immigrants to take over the job just like last time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Passenger left an I-pad in my car. Any one ever keep anything?
Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by noe, Monday at 11:34 PM.
Just curious. Any one ever keep anything someone left behind? Honest answers would be cool. ;)

krazydrive
I don't return poo poo anymore. I would go out of my way to return phones and wallets and have to wait for them to come outside,only to not even get a thank you or tip. Now i just empty the wallet then toss it in the trash along with they're phones.

nicoj36
This is a controversial topic that can make the drivers look bad, but with these extremely low slave wage, I'd rather keep the phone and sell it to make money off of it. Unless they raise the prices back up to $1.60 per mile, I would return items to passengers appropriately. Sorry but they get what they pay for. Quality going down.

Lou W
My pax only leave their stink.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

bassguitarhero posted:

lol at Uber's plummeting value when drivers realize they're getting hosed and bail, leaving the new immigrants to take over the job just like last time

the dunning-cabbie effect

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bassguitarhero posted:

the key to uber is that you have to have a late model car fitting approved categories, and you work for a fixed rate. there's no end of people with late-model cars they can't really afford, willing to work for wages that don't even cover the mileage on the car.

recent immigrant businessmen expect to actually net a profit after the cost of the vehicle, so they're not gonna jump in any time soon

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JIFFY LUBE is not taking the Uber 15% off coupon
Joseph Otto
I feel like the coupon printed from Uber website looks really weird.. There's no coupon code or anything, just your profile pic and 15% off.

The nice lady at Jiffy Lube said I'm the second person here ask for the discount. She called her district manager asked about it and the answer is no.

Uber is a joke on this..

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

lmao that whiny uber dickhead got a response from head office to his list of demands

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

the page 219 boom will never end, invest now

in before the page numbers go up, up, up!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

uncurable mlady posted:

the dunning-cabbie effect

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

duTrieux. posted:

Passenger left an I-pad in my car. Any one ever keep anything?
Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by noe, Monday at 11:34 PM.
Just curious. Any one ever keep anything someone left behind? Honest answers would be cool. ;)

krazydrive
I don't return poo poo anymore. I would go out of my way to return phones and wallets and have to wait for them to come outside,only to not even get a thank you or tip. Now i just empty the wallet then toss it in the trash along with they're phones.

nicoj36
This is a controversial topic that can make the drivers look bad, but with these extremely low slave wage, I'd rather keep the phone and sell it to make money off of it. Unless they raise the prices back up to $1.60 per mile, I would return items to passengers appropriately. Sorry but they get what they pay for. Quality going down.

Lou W
My pax only leave their stink.

at this point im 75% confident my last uber driver did in fact jack my wallet

either i left it on a bench at 14th and larimer and somebody stole it but happened to not run the cards for 9.5 hours, or my uber driver lied and then went to walmart and tested it on a redbox first 20 mins after i called him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

at this point im 75% confident my last uber driver did in fact jack my wallet

either i left it on a bench at 14th and larimer and somebody stole it but happened to not run the cards for 9.5 hours, or my uber driver lied and then went to walmart and tested it on a redbox first 20 mins after i called him

rate him one star, the market will self-correct :smug:

• Locked thread