Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Why is the Sword Art Online guy on the Ema drawing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I do not like this man who is mean to Zuka-chan-sempai.

I also don't like Ema's proposed gloves, but that problem seems to have solved itself.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It seems like elements of Ema's old design were transferred to Gothloli-sama instead.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Why is the Sword Art Online guy on the Ema drawing?
It's a great loss that we won't see Badass Ema dual-wielding pens.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Neeksy posted:

That's in the US system. In Japan, they prefer to actually have a good amount of the animation done before they give it to the actors.
That's how they explained it in that one episode of Gintama but since that was a long running weekly series the situation might be different.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
"Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 21 will be delayed until early in the evening. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Production issues in my anime about producing anime. Things are getting too meta here you guys.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

"Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 21 will be delayed until early in the evening. We thank you for your patience and understanding."

Production issues in my anime about producing anime. Things are getting too meta here you guys.

It was already too meta when that episode of Durarara aired.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Someday they'll make an anime about my life, and they'll get to today, and it'll be even more meta-er.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Wonder if that tape will reach someone in power and give VA girl a job at last.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wait did this happen in the new episode?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

I could watch this forever.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I sit down to start the latest episode and it isn't up yet on CR. :negative:

It's up in 6 minutes though.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Man, that was a really great character moment for Zuka at the end there. She's content with where she is, and I can't help but be happy for her :)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hiroka was humanized a lot by the little scene he had with his cat. Probably because we never have seen him look happy anywhere else.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

drat they really might have Zuka just fail at her goals in the end.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

unpronounceable posted:

Man, that was a really great character moment for Zuka at the end there. She's content with where she is, and I can't help but be happy for her

I'm pretty sure that Zuka isn't content being a waitress. Zuka probably thinks that it's not the best time for an introduction while she's working at a bar.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

sincx posted:

I'm pretty sure that Zuka isn't content being a waitress. Zuka probably thinks that it's not the best time for an introduction while she's working at a bar.

Also, introducing her as a voice actress when she's so far failed to achieve anything kind of rubs it in her face. Not that Aoi intended that, of course.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Isn't the problem with the 3D animation simply that she was animating movement without a full body seat belt harness?

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Add 'A Certain Shrine's Pumpkin' to the list of shows I would watch the poo poo out of if it was ever made.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So Hiraoka's the example of high energy in that leads to a spectacular crash and burn later.

Also, I think Zuka didn't want Aoi making introductions for her because she wanted to get her roles by her own ability and not by introduction.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved the bit with Diesel and the director jumping for joy at the end. They were just so happy :3:

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, I think Zuka didn't want Aoi making introductions for her because she wanted to get her roles by her own ability and not by introduction.

That's the anime answer, but I'm thinking Clarste and sincx have the right of it. This show's been too positive about knowing people being a good thing to do that, I think.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 6, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The hopping is wonderful~ They were so happy to finish!

I hope a gif of Yano's smiling pops up too because that was pretty great.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's the anime answer, but I'm thinking Clarste and sincx have the right of it. This show's been too positive about knowing people being a good thing to do that, I think.
Well the show's been having some realistic portrayals of the world, yeah.

Seriously, connections are kind of what gets you places. Whether you get those connections because you're good at what you do or because you're sociable (or some combination of the two) really doesn't matter, at the end of the day if no one knows you can contribute it really doesn't matter.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I feel like Zuka's gonna get to voice the baby boar. Not even joking. It'll be a role at least, and it could help her get recognition if she shows up at promotional events afterwards.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
episode 1 vs episode 21

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It's subtle satire/commentary on the tendency to lazily reuse animation to save money. :v:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

joachim783 posted:

episode 1 vs episode 21

Hiraoka is jaded...and right! :tinfoil:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought it was funny that right after we had that derail poking fun at Otaku who really want Aoi or friends to be their precious unspoiled Waifus that this episode had that one guy show up and introduce himself as "I'm Miyamori's boyfriend! Just kidding." They know. :tinfoil:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Damegane posted:

I feel like Zuka's gonna get to voice the baby boar. Not even joking. It'll be a role at least, and it could help her get recognition if she shows up at promotional events afterwards.

Is there any other meaning of Shizuka's name besides silent/quiet?

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I thought it was funny that right after we had that derail poking fun at Otaku who really want Aoi or friends to be their precious unspoiled Waifus that this episode had that one guy show up and introduce himself as "I'm Miyamori's boyfriend! Just kidding." They know. :tinfoil:

oh to be on Japanese twitter for that one moment.

I could've done without the humanizing of Daisuke, but i suppose it was important for his character in the end.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
After all that humanizing of Daisuke, I was seriously expecting Aoi to assign him to the final episode. To give him some shonen-manga style character development.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I enjoyed watching Aoi handle Hiraoka's flippant and assholish demeanor just by being the consummate professional the whole way through. No outbursts or desperate pleading, just a clear and direct talking-to which more or less boiled down to "Check your frustrations at the door and do your drat job." :allears:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive been thinking about it a lot recently, and I've decided that Yano, Miyamori, Diesel-san and Zuka-chan-senpai are my gfs, and Tarou, Honda (fat) and Honda (skinny) are my bfs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ive been thinking about it a lot recently, and I've decided that Yano, Miyamori, Diesel-san and Zuka-chan-senpai are my gfs, and Tarou, Honda (fat) and Honda (skinny) are my bfs.

Yikes fella, that's a lot for a 17 year old! :eyepop:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'll settle for misa, andou and the retarded chick. i too will befriend tarou, but also several of the drunk old guys and the president

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fat Honda is the most dateable character on the show. President Tsuchinoko's impression of him was pretty great.

e: also the other guy from The Born is my bf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i'll settle for misa, andou and the retarded chick. i too will befriend tarou, but also several of the drunk old guys and the president

oh yeah I'm also dating the alcoholic who was sitting on rooftop fishing (??)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Misa getting too into rocking movement was fun.

Autism-chan is the only true waifu for a goon. :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If we're doing Waifu Wars I'm claiming Diesel. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I don't want a waifu. I want Myamori and Yano as colleagues. They would improve working conditions massively.

• Locked thread