Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goferchan posted:

Apparently there are a million reasons MGS3 will never work on anything other than the PS3's crazy hardware but I want it too

Do you mean MGS4? 3 was ported to just about everything.

I forgot how to get the mudokens to go through the bird portals in Oddworld. it says to just bring them there but it just breaks up the portal as far as I can tell. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mr E posted:

I hope they port the Collection so I can buy it for a third time.

Yeah seriously I bought the collection of MGS for the PS2, which had 1,2 and 3 (aka the psx version not the psn version they give) and I bought the Legacy Collection for the ps3.

I"m so gonna triple dip if it gets ported to the PS4. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

goferchan posted:

Apparently there are a million reasons MGS3 will never work on anything other than the PS3's crazy hardware but I want it too

You probably meant MGS4. MGS3 is on the 3DS, Vita, and Xbox 360. :P

Metal Gear Solid 4 can be on other platforms, I just think Konami doesn't feel like doing it, but I think they will eventually do it. MGS4 is nothing special now. It's a great game, but its noteworthy technical feature, if you can call it that, was that it took up an entire blu-ray disc, which at the time was crazy. Not so much anymore. Lots of PS4 games are the same size as MGS4.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I said come in! posted:

It's on 360 too if you happen to have that.

I could never get used to the MGS 2 controls on it though since they had to change it a little bit thanks to the lack of analog buttons.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
mgs4 would be sweet on ps4 if it ever happened. graphics are already pretty superb, but would bring it up to a proper frame rate

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ruddha posted:

mgs4 would be sweet on ps4 if it ever happened. graphics are already pretty superb, but would bring it up to a proper frame rate
MGS4 at 1080/60? :hawaaaafap:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

NESguerilla posted:

Do you mean MGS4? 3 was ported to just about everything.

I forgot how to get the mudokens to go through the bird portals in Oddworld. it says to just bring them there but it just breaks up the portal as far as I can tell. Help?
You have to chant to open them otherwise the birds scatter.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The best thing about MGS4 is the sound, I hope the same people who did the sound in 4 are working on 5 because it was really great and it was probably the reason it took a whole Blu-ray Disc.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

El Hefe posted:

The best thing about MGS4 is the sound, I hope the same people who did the sound in 4 are working on 5 because it was really great and it was probably the reason it took a whole Blu-ray Disc.
Yeah, IIRC Kojima demanded that all the audio be lossless and that's why it filled the entire capacity of a Blu-Ray. That was way before all games had installs in the 25-50GB range.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

You probably meant MGS4. MGS3 is on the 3DS, Vita, and Xbox 360. :P

Metal Gear Solid 4 can be on other platforms, I just think Konami doesn't feel like doing it, but I think they will eventually do it. MGS4 is nothing special now. It's a great game, but its noteworthy technical feature, if you can call it that, was that it took up an entire blu-ray disc, which at the time was crazy. Not so much anymore. Lots of PS4 games are the same size as MGS4.

I'd like to cite N64 emulation and SNES emulation. If people still can't port those to work on modern systems properly, I really doubt a much newer game running on idiot insanity code is going to be that "easy" without some serious rebuilding from the ground up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

El Hefe posted:

I played MGS4 a couple years after I had come home from Iraq, with a surround sound system setup. I had to turn it off after a while because I was starting to freak out a lil bit.

It's insanely good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Keep in mind that MGS4 was a PS3 exclusive, and the PS3 was so different than every other platform both then and now that it's not easy to port to or from the system. That's part of the reason why it had issues with third party support for so long. The cell processor was weird, it's not like the PS4 and xbone which are just bog standard middling PCs in a fancy box. I would imagine it's not that easy to port it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The deluge of formerly PC exclusive games the PS4 is going to get in the next few months makes me not want to buy a PC game ever again.

But then, the only game I usually play on the PC, PSO2, shows no sign of ever going to a non-portable console.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

The deluge of formerly PC exclusive games the PS4 is going to get in the next few months makes me not want to buy a PC game ever again.

If you have a PC worth half a poo poo then shouldn't it be the other way around

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
i cant quite express why, but for most type of game i really prefer it on console. its just a good experience, even though i could totally hook the compy to the big screen and use a ds4, it's just not the ding dang same

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

If you have a PC worth half a poo poo then shouldn't it be the other way around
I prefer playing games on consoles for various reasons. Also with PS+, it's easy to suspect that they will all be freebies at some point.

Ruddha posted:

i cant quite express why, but for most type of game i really prefer it on console. its just a good experience, even though i could totally hook the compy to the big screen and use a ds4, it's just not the ding dang same
I have my PC always connected to my TV, and a PS4 controller connected to it, but game consoles are still just a bit more convenient.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I said come in! posted:

It's on 360 too if you happen to have that.

The HD Collection is missing MGS1 and MGS4 which are a PSN download for PS3 and a PS3 exclusive, respectively. That said, I've considered playing the PC version of MGS1 with a gamepad, picking up the HD Collection for 360, and just hoping MGS4 comes back to PS Now eventually.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ruddha posted:

Good man.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ruddha posted:

This is my stance too, but for me it's also because steam achievements are retarded and meaningless whereas trophies (and Xbox cheeves) are limited and structured and feel a lot better to chase.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

This is my stance too, but for me it's also because steam achievements are retarded and meaningless whereas trophies (and Xbox cheeves) are limited and structured and feel a lot better to chase.

Of all the myriad reasons to prefer console gaming to PC this might be the dumbest.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do I go about synching Vita and PS4 games? I get frequent "online storage cannot upload" messages and Helldivers started me from the beginning when I fired it up on Vita. It's probably the first game I care about cross save working in.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

But you could spend 3 times as much for a computer and fight install ini files on every other game and be in the pc master race.

There's a robust community dedicated to trying to get the game working on your brand video card.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

But you could spend 3 times as much for a computer and fight install ini files on every other game and be in the pc master race.

There's a robust community dedicated to trying to get the game working on your brand video card.
I still play PC and console games about equally (though all are on my TV and with a controller) but this really hasn't been true for years.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

NESguerilla posted:

How do I go about synching Vita and PS4 games? I get frequent "online storage cannot upload" messages and Helldivers started me from the beginning when I fired it up on Vita. It's probably the first game I care about cross save working in.

You probably filled up your whopping 1GB of save data cloud storage. Try deleting some stuff and then uploading the save for Helldivers.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still play PC and console games about equally (though all are on my TV and with a controller) but this really hasn't been true for years.

Bullshit. Tell that to half the games I impulse buy on steam sales.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I was 100% sold on Wolfenstein: The Old Blood about 30 seconds in:

BJ posted:

I have a plan. Break into that keep. Kill every Nazi.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

Bullshit. Tell that to half the games I impulse buy on steam sales.

I'm sorry you're stuck playing on a machine built in the late 90's.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

PCs are good, but they're also for big retarded nerds, and I'm one of those, but I also like to be a jock on my play station third and fourth.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

timeandtide posted:

I was 100% sold on Wolfenstein: The Old Blood about 30 seconds in:

That's not a plan, that's a goal!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

Okay about this: "We will synergize our resources to kill all the Nazis in the keep."

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Bass Bottles posted:

You probably filled up your whopping 1GB of save data cloud storage. Try deleting some stuff and then uploading the save for Helldivers.

I ran into this today, and it's incredibly annoying to clear out space. The interface is just awful.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

PCs will never have Demon Souls or Bloodborne so PCs are inferior.
Don't post specs or anything because this is literally the only thing that matters.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm sorry you're stuck playing on a machine built in the late 90's.

Sorry you're in denial about pc gaming's flaws. I hope you have fun when you get around to playing games.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

Sorry you're in denial about pc gaming's flaws. I hope you have fun when you get around to playing games.

Sorry you're in denial about whatever dumb poo poo you're doing that's hosed up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If pretty much every cross platform game's thread is any indication, every game is borked on PC.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

im on pc, i can put cool mods into it, like things that make jokes about o bama, or big tits on a pecker on anything that moves

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I used to have constant problems playing PC games but it was because I was playing on a years-old laptop with a known design flaw. I bought some modern mid-range desktop hardware a few years ago and pretty much all of it went away and has stayed away until now. The gap in convenience from a sofa and TV perspective is slowly going away too, but it's still there.

edit: and as good as Steam sales are, PS+ freebies are better.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 5, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Samurai Sanders posted:

But then, the only game I usually play on the PC, PSO2, shows no sign of ever going to a non-portable console.

There are two truths in the world.

1. Do not buy indie games on PC if you would rather play it on PS4. It will find its way there eventually.

2. When the indie game does make its way to the PS4, still do not buy. It will be free on PS+ within three months.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Oxxidation posted:

I appreciate you.

And you.

Honestly I think the biggest draw console gaming has over PCs isn't ease of use, it's consistency. No fiddling or fighting with settings or detail levels, no controller weirdness, and you're using the same hardware that the game's QA team did, guaranteed.

• Locked thread