Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will choke away the Super Bowl this year
Dubs
human being Guy
Dave
Havoc
Waah
Yuzenn
I'm gay
the CPU
View Results

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looking to join up, need some advice on who to take since I dont know anything about the rosters. Preferably something that helps balance out the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Rad Valtar posted:

Looking to join up, need some advice on who to take since I dont know anything about the rosters. Preferably something that helps balance out the league.

I think the Ravens are really good, Megatron caught like 30 TDs the first year

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bonham posted:

I think the Ravens are really good, Megatron caught like 30 TDs the first year

Did Nagger drop out the OP says it's his team? Also Megatron you say hmmmm.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Nagger's long gone

oh yeah that's the team with the super Ryan Mallett huh

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 4, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Paperback Writer posted:

Nagger's long gone

oh yeah that's the team with the super Ryan Mallett huh

Hearing Ryan Mallett makes me not want the team but I'm guessing he got a huge boost from throwing to Megatron. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I'll just grab them.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Looks like we're low on NFC users, I'll do some checking out

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The OP says Falcons, Vikings, Seahawks and Cardinals if it's still accurate.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

The OP says Falcons, Vikings, Seahawks and Cardinals if it's still accurate.
everyone dropped. just look at Dave's last post to see who's left.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'll take a look at the rosters in a an hour or two and make a semi effort post about who is decent.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
STAY OUTTA THE AFC SOUTH :argh:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

So I don't think we have anyone in the NFC West and North, and these teams are in playoff contention:
Vikings - Sherman, Nicks, Michael Floyd, Gore, slow rookie QB but 10-2
Cardinals - Jimmy Graham, Crabtree, Decker, Lynch, Garappolo/Keenum
Rams - poo poo roster, injured Bradford
Seahawks - 99 Bowman, 99 Jefferey, Luck, Doug Martin, Cromartie, Mathieu
Lions(maybe?) - Ngata, Foles, Bowe, Talib, Flowers, Rice

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
the cardinals and the seahawks, and the ravens, are really good

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

yeah... Seattle for sure

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Seahawks look enticing unless you guys don't want me taking a stacked team like that.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Rad Valtar posted:

Seahawks look enticing unless you guys don't want me taking a stacked team like that.

Nah the more the merrier. I will say though that I had to play the vikings four loving times...Sherman and their secondary are loving bonkers. Their front 4 are nuts too, I rushed for under 50 yards the first attempts and only barely broke 100 yards because of a pretty bullshit 60 yard TD where I bounced off the safety and the other one ran into the laying corpse of the one I trucked.

Take sumbody!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The vikings are poo poo to play against, that defense is hideously good.

seattle is fine though, honestly any of the actual goon drafted teams are your best bet. The best 3 teams had users before, and in this league everyones team is stacked to their strengths, so take your pick relative to what fits your play style.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

They're really not anymore stacked than most of ours now so yeah take them. Pryor is 97 now ffs. NFC needs competition.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Ravens are stacked. 99 megatron, Patrick Willis. 96 OVR Ryan Mallett at QB. 6'6 with 98 THR PWR and 73 strength. Gronk at TE.
Solid oline. Little soft in the secondary and the dline.

Saints. 99 Aaron Rodgers. Greg hardy at de. Forte at RB. Thin at WR. Percy Harvin and mid 70s filler. Thin at TE. Good oline. Soft at lb. ok secondary. Best cb is 5'8 87 OVR and a bunch of low 80s guys. Good safety's though.

Seahawks. Good. Luck at QB. 97 OVR bowman at mlb. Alshon Jeffry at wr 96 OVR. Honey badger at FS. Stud rookie TE. Uneven online. Ok dline. Good lbs. cromartie is the #1 cb, falls off after him.

Vikings. Stacked. Sherman at CB. Lavonte David at OLB. Michael Johnson at de 96 OVR. Average rookie QB. 6'2 93 THR PWR. Solid WRs. Good rookie TE. Good oline. Great LBs. Soft dline. Solid cbs and safety's

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Went with the Seahawks.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If you want guaranteed playoff spots,

AFCN
NFCN
NFCW

Are your bets. No users in those divisions.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 4, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm in the AFCE.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I'm in the AFCE.

edited

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Oakland downs Jax 22 - 10 in a Florida storm. Piper your first two drives took up the 1st and 2nd quarters respectively lol, Pryor finished the game with 7 pass attempts. My defense and Lacy/Pryor running game ended up winning the game. GG.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
yep GG. I wish I had stayed with my running game more often.

two mistakes really cost me: 1) on your long TD before halftime I tried to user a CB and just completely hosed up the coverage. 2) on my INT while driving in the 3rd quarter I hot-routed VJax from a curl into a GO then seemingly forgot I did that 3 seconds later and ended up firing a pass directly to your CB.

Please beat the other 2 users in my division.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Panthers defense is crazy good, could t run the ball at all with Martin but luckily Luck had 3 TDs. My secondary is swiss cheese.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The Piper posted:

Please beat the other 2 users in my division.
Sorry... already lost em.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Colts and Titans CPU games left then we advance.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
playing my game now

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Does anyone have a problem with me trying to trade Luck in the offseason? This is the second league hes my QB and I want to play with someone else. It would just be a straight up for a similar QB.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
I hope some more people join up, user games are more fun

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

Does anyone have a problem with me trying to trade Luck in the offseason? This is the second league hes my QB and I want to play with someone else. It would just be a straight up for a similar QB.

go for it, good luck getting equivalent value unless a user trades with you though

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Rad Valtar posted:

If you can handle having a rookie QB, your best bet would be scouting a QB in the draft and then trading a CPU team for their #1 draft pick. In the main league, I tried to trade for several CPU mobile quarterbacks (usually offering 2 first picks and either Romo/3rd first round pick) and none of the teams would take it. So I just ended up trading Romo, a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick for the #1 draft slot.

Like Dubious said, you are going to have to give up alot more then just Luck to get a quarterback in the same league as Luck.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Btw I got my game done we should be good to advance

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

:siren: Week 13 :siren:

Jets/Raiders
Bucs/panthers (auto)
Jags/cpu
Colts/Cpu
Cowboys/cpu
Seattle/cpu
Titans/cpu

If we keep this pace up will be in the playoffs maybe by next weekend.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 6, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I can play whenever raiders. Let me know what's good for you.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
heh, FGs team is good at scoring points, also good at throwing picks.

RG3 is the next dead Bucc. Super Bowl Hangover in injury form, but not in record form, as im 11-1 with 4 CPU games to close out the season, get healthy, and get young players some reps.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I can play whenever raiders. Let me know what's good for you.
Are you free early today? Like in a couple hours?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

Are you free early today? Like in a couple hours?

Sorry I was in and out all day. I can play whenever all night and most of the weekend.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am willing to trade 99 OVR RG3 in the offseason for a big WR. I have no size at the position, and have slot guys at 1, 2, and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

I am willing to trade 99 OVR RG3 in the offseason for a big WR. I have no size at the position, and have slot guys at 1, 2, and 3.

I'd be willing to talk trade for Alshon Jeffery if I can find a taker for Luck.

• Locked thread