Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

If Scream needs a friend I can join his team. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
It's really too bad, overall the team was a basket case but both Fxyo and Scream really seemed to be hitting some good form before it all imploded

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dont care if i have to take 2 extra minutes on a queue id like a nationality filter so i dont end up with 4 brazillians whose only callouts i understand are A B window and catwalk.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

The Blue Caboose posted:

he is technically still on epsilon. the only problem is that literally no one else is playing for epsilon.

http://www.hltv.org/news/14166-epsilon-release-uzzziii-fxy0

Probably just still on contract but Epsilon is effectively dead. There's no way he's gonna play with a bunch of nobos.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ArfJason posted:

I dont care if i have to take 2 extra minutes on a queue id like a nationality filter so i dont end up with 4 brazillians whose only callouts i understand are A B window and catwalk.

If memory serves, theres a brit who made something for this and made a filter just for Spanish speaking South Americans. Look around for it. Should be in the CS:GO community page somewhere

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So is there any way to fix the problem where the tab button/scorecard simply stops working and won't appear, or do you just have to wait until Valve's bug-filled lump of poo poo of a game decides to work again?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

cahnge your resolution

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

icantfindaname posted:

So is there any way to fix the problem where the tab button/scorecard simply stops working and won't appear, or do you just have to wait until Valve's bug-filled lump of poo poo of a game decides to work again?

I get this whenever I try to join a server and I'm kicked for a slot reservation.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Heres a fix: wait for source 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Theyre gonna fix the tec9, in source 2.

Theyll also fix nuke, and nerf the p90

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Everyone else on Epsilon but ScreaM got banned for match fixing, so not much he can do. :shrug:

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Smol posted:

Everyone else on Epsilon but ScreaM got banned for match fixing, so not much he can do. :shrug:

Except sF, who got VAC banned.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I thought Titan had a bunch of people that got outed for cheating yet they're competing now? Or did they give the dirty cheaters the boot and just hired a new line and everything is rosy now?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
http://www.twitch.tv/mmmray

streaming some ak mm with goon friends.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

nftyw posted:

I thought Titan had a bunch of people that got outed for cheating yet they're competing now? Or did they give the dirty cheaters the boot and just hired a new line and everything is rosy now?

Yeah, KQLY was VAC banned. That's why Titan had to withdraw from Dreamhack Winter. They picked up RPK, and are playing again. It's a shame, because KennyS and KQLY on Dust II was practically just unfair.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

The Blue Caboose posted:

Yeah, KQLY was VAC banned. That's why Titan had to withdraw from Dreamhack Winter. They picked up RPK, and are playing again. It's a shame, because KennyS and KQLY on Dust II was practically just unfair.

hmmmmm :crossarms:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Nobody but KQLY knows when and where he was cheating, since Valve doesn't talk about it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So I played another competitive match. Got dumped in a high game again so my team tried to votekick me. Just left after 15 rounds of being mocked.

Hit detection seems a bit weird. I stopped, crouched and unloaded into a guys chest with the m4 and he was roughly four/five paces away from me. 20 bullets later he headshots me and apparently I only hit him a couple of times. I have absolutely no idea how this game retains anyone who isn't at least semi decent at games because it seems to be driving me away and i'm fairly patient when it comes to massive learning curves.

E: Oh, i'm not meant to crouch or spray, whoops.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 5, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Play deathmatch games until you're decent at the shooting bits

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

dogstile posted:

So I played another competitive match. Got dumped in a high game again so my team tried to votekick me. Just left after 15 rounds of being mocked.

Hit detection seems a bit weird. I stopped, crouched and unloaded into a guys chest with the m4 and he was roughly four/five paces away from me. 20 bullets later he headshots me and apparently I only hit him a couple of times. I have absolutely no idea how this game retains anyone who isn't at least semi decent at games because it seems to be driving me away and i'm fairly patient when it comes to massive learning curves.

If you're completely new and terrible then you will have a torrid time starting out in competitive while it finds your appropriate rank. That is the price you have to pay. Honestly, if you are fresh to the game I wouldn't even touch competitive until you have a handle on the basics. None of the old school players who will wreck your face started playing 5v5. You'll enjoy playing on a community public server with a chill crowd, or Casual mode, rather than Competitive. People will get toxic in comp because your performance has a direct impact on their likelihood to win/lose, and thus their rank.

As to why you didn't kill somebody with a hail of lead, it's mostly because you don't know how to control your spray. But even if you did, spraying on 64 tick is a pile of poo poo and somewhat unrepresentative of how it works on a proper 128 tick server. Lots of bullets do seem to disappear into the ether.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Smol posted:

Nobody but KQLY knows when and where he was cheating, since Valve doesn't talk about it.

lol

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

ArfJason posted:

Heres a fix: wait for source 2

:suicide:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

but vac bans are delayed and nobody knows by how much except valve?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

dogstile posted:

Hit detection seems a bit weird. I stopped, crouched and unloaded into a guys chest with the m4 and he was roughly four/five paces away from me.

Read this http://twowordbird.com/articles/csgo-recoil-mechanics/

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

The dualies scrollwheel fire really fast and it's fun as poo poo.

At least until you have to reload with what might be the longest reload animation in any video game ever.

vehk
Jan 31, 2014

dogstile posted:

Heres a good video on AK47 spraying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4 His other videos are also good on things like crosshair placement. Don't get to frustrated. This game is harder than other FPS.

In addition to learning the spray patterns put this in your autoexec.cfg to improve hit reg as best we can. (assumes you have a good internet connection with no packet loss)

cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ArfJason posted:

but vac bans are delayed and nobody knows by how much except valve?

It's funny because KQLY says he only cheated once to "test a cheat", so the implication is that he totally never cheated in a real game, he was innocent!

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 5, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

vehk posted:

Heres a good video on AK47 spraying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWszuhOmPE4 His other videos are also good on things like crosshair placement. Don't get to frustrated. This game is harder than other FPS.

In addition to learning the spray patterns put this in your autoexec.cfg to improve hit reg as best we can. (assumes you have a good internet connection with no packet loss)

cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128

Oh that actually explains it, I was putting my crosshair at the dudes chest expecting bullets to hit there but you actually have to aim more at the guys feet and keep the crosshair there when fully spraying?

Makes sense, i'll give it a try tonight, see if I do any better. I should be a little better at bursting too, i'm used to other games where all you have to do is keep the crosshair on a dude.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 5, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Read the OP

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012
Got a reply from Steam Support about the wallet problem. You'll never guess what they suggested:

quote:

"Hello JacksonAces,
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from your billing information.
To purchase content from our storefront (games, DLC or software), you will need to use the following link through a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to complete your transaction.

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=US

For in-game item purchases, you will need to use the following link to add funds to your Wallet.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamaccount/addfunds?cc=US

After adding funds to your Steam Wallet, you can then complete your content purchase through the in game store.
Please bookmark these links for continued purchasing while you are out of the country where you currently reside."

Brilliant, thanks Steam Support!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

dogstile posted:

Oh that actually explains it, I was putting my crosshair at the dudes chest expecting bullets to hit there but you actually have to aim more at the guys feet and keep the crosshair there when fully spraying?

Makes sense, i'll give it a try tonight, see if I do any better. I should be a little better at bursting too, i'm used to other games where all you have to do is keep the crosshair on a dude.

The thing is this game doesn't let you aim down sights but its weapons still shoot as if it did. You get no visual feedback for your recoil but you still have to adjust your aim lower if you spray or your bullets will all just fly right over your target's head. The plus side is you have better mobility as long as you know how to work around your recoil (look up stutterstepping and peeking, those probably should be added to the OP).

I'm new too and I'm really growing to like it cause it's very different from basically any other shooter.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

dogstile posted:

The most important thing about crosshair placement is to make sure to blame your team. I've been blaming my team since 1.6 and I've never needed to learn a single thing in my life.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

mcvey posted:

Read the OP

And then read it again, this time *actually* reading it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

JacksonAces posted:

Got a reply from Steam Support about the wallet problem. You'll never guess what they suggested:

Brilliant, thanks Steam Support!

I had a similar issue not to long go, had to contact stream support because I couldn't purchase anything, not even games, from in their client or on a browser. Their solution? Delete everything in the steam folder except for the exe and the steamapps folder. Sometimes steam it's so rear end backwards it just doesn't make sense

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

dogstile posted:

Read the OP and slime's article on recoil that I linked (which is also in the OP). Every weapon has a set recoil pattern that never changes, and you have to account for it by moving your crosshair appropriately if you want to actually hit anything while spraying.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

dogstile posted:

This ain't no CoD/BF point and hold down mouse button bullshit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
All of the above, plus lower your goddamn sensitivity.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

dogstile posted:

Learn to shoot here: http://twowordbird.com/csgo/spraylab.html

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Kazinsal posted:

All of the above, plus lower your goddamn sensitivity.

Then lower it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Guys, I think I got it after the first dude said, no offence. I'll practice some more later and let you know.

Also, the OP pretty much said to go straight to competitive, in my defence.

astr0man posted:

Read the OP and slime's article on recoil that I linked (which is also in the OP). Every weapon has a set recoil pattern that never changes, and you have to account for it by moving your crosshair appropriately if you want to actually hit anything while spraying.

Aye, I read it again, I meant with that particular gun. I don't think i'm going to remember every guns individual spray pattern in one night. I'll try to get a pistol and the AK/M4's pattern down and go from there. I also have to juggle map locations, etc. Right now i've had good runs with shotguns and getting the drop on guys, but from what I hear that wouldn't hold up at higher levels of play.

This is fantastic. Thank you.

• Locked thread