Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

My ethics midterm has been cancelled due to ice.

Thank you global warming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
what good are ethics if they are not flexible to institutional inertia and maintaining authority?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

no one knows. also probably no one cares.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

just watched thor 2 and iron man 3 in the last half a day and iron man 3 was legit an awful ending. like i get what they were trying to do but it was just so dumb and cheesy and poorly done.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

day 73: they still suspect nothing. infiltration continues.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

joeburz posted:

just watched thor 2 and iron man 3 in the last half a day and iron man 3 was legit an awful ending. like i get what they were trying to do but it was just so dumb and cheesy and poorly done.
just went on wikipedia to see which one you were talking about and lol:

wikipedia posted:

With Stark's help, Potts' Extremis effects are stabilized, and Stark undergoes surgery to remove the shrapnel embedded near his heart. He pitches his obsolete chest arc reactor into the sea, musing he will always be Iron Man.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

paranoid randroid posted:

day 73: they still suspect nothing. infiltration continues.

Is this in reference to the lion, the guy in the fez, or Jamiroquai in the back there?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Is this in reference to the lion, the guy in the fez, or Jamiroquai in the back there?

yes

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lancelot posted:

just went on wikipedia to see which one you were talking about and lol:

that's actually a good ending for the characters, though not one for the marvel cinematic universeTM

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Effectronica posted:

that's actually a good ending for the characters, though not one for the marvel cinematic universeTM

yes...but the movie ending itself was just done terribly and it came off as the worst ending i can recall in years

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Iron Man Three had a good ending and a loving kickarse end credit sequence

it was also basically the same as Dark Knight Rises in some ways: guy grows up and moves out of his basement and gets rid of a bunch of his manchild toys

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Iron Man Three had a good ending and a loving kickarse end credit sequence

it was also basically the same as Dark Knight Rises in some ways: guy grows up and moves out of his basement and gets rid of a bunch of his manchild toys

except one fakes his own death saving the city and the other blows up 40 odd suits in the sky with a yodel to his disembodied robotvoice butler, followed by a poorly done narration sequence before he tosses his arc reactor off a cliff.

it was completely awful dude and i hate DC comics but DKR was 10000x better ending

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

the best bit about the ending of Dark Knight Rises was the extended homage to Batman 66

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wheres my Fables movie, d*mn it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Solitary confinement is torture. I get that these murderers and rapists deserve it, but there are so many non violent offenders in prison for drug possession that

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Doctor Spaceman posted:

the best bit about the ending of Dark Knight Rises was the extended homage to Batman 66

Like Adam West Batman? What homage?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Gravel Gravy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ps7lHD2vtU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

im not sure how it is in other states, but in IL even the supermax prisoners arent in solitary, and rarely are moved there. i mean yeah life in prison sucks but theyre still socializing to a degree.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

why didn't he just throw it in the ocean?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

forbidden lesbian posted:

why didn't he just throw it in the ocean?

ducklings

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Huh that never crossed my mind before. And in both Batman appears to have been blown up due to cheap camera trickery. Like an onion...

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

joeburz posted:

im not sure how it is in other states, but in IL even the supermax prisoners arent in solitary, and rarely are moved there. i mean yeah life in prison sucks but theyre still socializing to a degree.
there's like 80.000 people in solitary in the us, some even for like decades, but I was mainly quoting that because of the redditism where they can only feel empathy for the nonviolent drug criminals

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

R. Mute posted:

there's like 80.000 people in solitary in the us, some even for like decades, but I was mainly quoting that because of the redditism where they can only feel empathy for the nonviolent drug criminals

and while completely oblivious to a lot of violent offenders related to the drug war problems anyways

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Gravel Gravy posted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

what good are ethics if they are not flexible to institutional inertia and maintaining authority?

succumb to illness

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Huh that never crossed my mind before. And in both Batman appears to have been blown up due to cheap camera trickery. Like an onion...

Yup, I was laughing in the theater when it happened.

When Ledger died I think Nolan felt the series needed levity.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Venom Snake confidently asserting something obviously false?! :monocle:

why do you hate me so much

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Wait how did I miss this bit of BS?

Venom Snake posted:

but government internships always pay and you get to know people.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Gravel Gravy posted:

Wait how did I miss this bit of BS?

Let's not discourage this young man from entering into politics, now. Everyone's gotta learn sometime.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I technically have class today because my school pretends really hard that's it's a ~community~ instead of a glorified commuter school with serious parking issues.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

why do you hate me so much

My hatred for you is in direct proportion to you saying things without verifying them first. :shrug:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My hatred for you is in direct proportion to you saying things without verifying them first. :shrug:

Genocide of black jews :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

Misleading rubbish, as I've argued in the I/P thread. :shrug:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Absurd Alhazred posted:

SedanChair posted:

Alright, so the wasp is approaching the stinging nettle... whoever loses, we win. :twisted:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Misleading rubbish, as I've argued in the I/P thread. :shrug:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Hey guys I have been hearing reports of a genocide of black Jews. Does anyone care to comment?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I dunno what you could argue for that would make Israel look good for that time they forced birth control and other sterilization methods onto their black immigrants exclusively, Absurd. Israel's an apartheid state, just own up to it! You'll be forced to within the next few decades!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this isnt quite what you had in mind but have you considered A Genocide of Black and Jews by George RR Martin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I should have said "Military and research related government lab internships always pay and you get to know people"

• Locked thread