Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

infernal machines posted:

so school me then

rich idiots with nauseating amounts of money spending it on poo poo that doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
nobody on the internet is questioning that the watch is completely made from gold (or rather a gold-rich alloy) because its so normal for a luxury watch that people take it as a given

it will be at least $10k

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

rich idiots with nauseating amounts of money spending it on poo poo that doesn't matter.

i know this is yospos and nobody reads anything, but this is what i've been saying from the first.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I bet things will happen and most people will be angry

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if you have enough money to buy a gold apple apple watch edtion edition you aren't the type who will buy it.

you'd buy a vacheron constantin patrimony, some sort of piaget. or a rolex president

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Wild EEPROM posted:

if you have enough money to buy a gold apple apple watch edtion edition you aren't the type who will buy it.

you'd buy a vacheron constantin patrimony, some sort of piaget. or a rolex president

who buys a rolex for themselves?

you just... get them for things

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sniep posted:

well you'd be buying it for someone else

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

so basically this is the sony qualia thing all over again

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Sniep posted:

like, 100% of people do.

the days of working for some company for 25 years and then your retirement gift is a gold rolex are over.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if I was going to drop $10k on a watch I'd get something unique like a jlc master calendar meteorite

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uncurable mlady posted:

I like how a bunch of mad nerds keep denying how good the iPhone 6 is because they're mad their internet pontificating was wrong

as an iphone 4 haver, i can imagine using the 6, as a tech device, is significant;y nicer and faster etc

most of us are skeptical of its thinness, and consider its size unnecessary

Wild EEPROM posted:

like, 100% of people do.

the days of working for some company for 25 years and then your retirement gift is a gold rolex are over.

im going to tahiland in june i hope the iwatch is already pirated and available cheaply then

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ur in luck lol

http://mashable.com/2015/01/08/fake-apple-watch-ces/

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

:shepface:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

if I was going to drop $10k on a watch I'd get something unique like a jlc master calendar meteorite

why would you want that when, for the same price, you can get some tacky bullshit wrist computer that won't last a full day

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

does 18kt gold bend under normal use?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

it bends under abnormal use op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

little time remains now

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the temple of steve jorbs at yerba buena

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

theadder posted:

the temple of steve jorbs at yerba buena

timb, his arms wide

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

I have gazed on the walls of impregnable Babylon along which chariots may race, and on the Zeus by the banks of the Alpheus, I have seen the hanging gardens, and the Colossus of the Helios, the great man-made mountains of the lofty pyramids, and the gigantic tomb of Mausolus; but when I saw the sacred house at Yerba Buena that towers to the clouds, the others were placed in the shade, for the sun himself has never looked upon its equal outside Olympus.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

lol at a bunch of nerds not understanding what makes a good product now that apple no longer makes them

just like stymie predicted, yopsos turned into iyg/dyp within a week of the iphone announcement

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

do you know what time it is

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

IT'S TIME TO GET A WATCH

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the sort of person that spent 50 1970s dollars on a light up watch that says time to gently caress is the sort of person that will buy an apple edition watch today

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
anxiously awaiting this as a watch face option

qirex posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

echinopsis posted:

as an iphone 4 haver, i can imagine using the 6, as a tech device, is significant;y nicer and faster etc

most of us are skeptical of its thinness, and consider its size unnecessary

im going to tahiland in june i hope the iwatch is already pirated and available cheaply then

im curious what theyll put in the 6letter this fall itd be interesting if they actually walked back the size thing

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i think they're gonna go bigger

6.7 inch screen iphone 6XL

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

anxiously awaiting this as a watch face option

i'm fairly sure that i've seen this one for a pebble

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

maniacdevnull posted:

does 18kt gold bend under normal use?

my wedding band is 18k gold and i hit it on poo poo all the time and it hasn't dented yet.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i think they're gonna go bigger

6.7 inch screen iphone 6XL

what are the sales like for 6 vs 6+ i cant imagine everyne wants that phablet poo poo, part of why i like my 5 is i can actually use it one handed which i cant do w/ most android phones because my hands are tiny and the phones are gayhuge

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the only gold option that will look good on white people is the rose gold

yellow gold looks awesome on dark-skinned people

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

its time for hte IYG clowns to get on the record. graph has quoted the comical fastco post and has said the apple watch is going to be a flop

who else isnt a pussy?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol at a bunch of nerds not understanding what makes a good product now that apple no longer makes them

just like stymie predicted, yopsos turned into iyg/dyp within a week of the iphone announcement

is this a "it's going to flop" prediction or a "it sucks but its gonna sell millions" aka im a pussy BITCH

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cremnob posted:

is this a "it's going to flop" prediction or a "it sucks but its gonna sell millions" aka im a pussy BITCH

it's a "it's a stupid product that makes no sense and has no coherent usecase" post

flop/not a flop is not a very interesting dichotomy. you may as well be touting the amazing revolution that is the pet rock

it sold like gangbusters, it was the dumbest thing ever sold

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dolomite posted:

i'm fairly sure that i've seen this one for a pebble

for pebble owners its never time to gently caress

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

it's a "it's a stupid product that makes no sense and has no coherent usecase" post

flop/not a flop is not a very interesting dichotomy. you may as well be touting the amazing revolution that is the pet rock

it sold like gangbusters, it was the dumbest thing ever sold

LOL ok good

we can now ignore what infernal "computer janitor" machines thinks about what a good product is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cremnob posted:

im a pussy BITCH

DSYP

especially lol coming from the guy who got run out of the flamewar thread by everyone, including the apple supporters

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you talk a lot of DYP but when it comes time to nut up you just can't hang.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

sorry i just cant post in a made up flame war thread i didnt even know about until smythe PM'd me. ill flame u here tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'm predicting mild, lukewarm success, better than the naysayers are claiming but worse than Tim and cremnob are hoping for

• Locked thread