Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

That's okay. You can still put Stifle on it. :v:

But you can't Stifle the draw step anymore! The dream truly is dead.

Also, just use Orim's Chant on your stick. It doesn't tap them down, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wild Wild West world better have a big metal spider.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Contraptions! (Though, that would probably be the Steam Punk world.)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Rinkles posted:

Art for upcoming spoiler

I would guess that's the Force of Will reprint, but since we already got the art for that, my money's on Misty Rainforest.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Angry Grimace posted:

Prison World

Um what? That doesn't sound very fun or exciting...

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Starving Autist posted:

This is the set where they just port Stax into Standard.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Snacksmaniac posted:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Starving Autist posted:

Ah, the legendary Winter Orb set.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Starving Autist posted:

Really? Planes/worlds that are gigantic prisons aren't that uncommon a concept in fantasy and sci-fi. There's a lot you can do with it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Starving Autist posted:

I think it came from the second Great Designer Search. It split between Prisoner and Guard factions and the mechanics were about "breakouts", i.e. "if a creature you control dealt combat damage to a player this turn". By all accounts it looked like it'd make for good ground combat, and the flavor would be pretty fresh.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Starving Autist posted:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Angry Grimace posted:

Gideon Jura pre-spark

Looks like his home plane is Theros?

The pattern on his skirt-thing is red and white with an unusually familiar starburst shape.

Clearly this means Gideon's from Theros, a block where the red/white faction uses this logo extensively.

The stupidity of some people astounds me.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ungulateman posted:

The pattern on his skirt-thing is red and white with an unusually familiar starburst shape.

Clearly this means Gideon's from Theros, a block where the red/white faction uses this logo extensively.

That looks literally nothing like the boros symbol except in a very general "arc segment of a circle with some pointy bits" sense.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

Angry Grimace posted:

The "Gideon is from Theros" theory now seems to have convinced everyone that the guy in this flavor text is a reference Gideon Jura on his "home plane" with a bastardized-Latin name.

ungulateman posted:

Pretty sure if Gideon was a member of the Boros on Ravnica, it would have come up in the story of Return to Ravnica, where he was a member of the Boros on Ravnica.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ungulateman posted:

Yes, its that and not the fact that he works for the Order of Heliud, is dressed in Grecian clothing and is holding Heliod's Spear.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I'm still mad this didn't have the creature subtype Crab.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The art is clearly meant to show Gideon is from Theros. I don't think it's even appropriate to call it a theory.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Obviously that Temur Babysitter is not a card for the axelady. Its an equipment card for the baby purse.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

My teenage years

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Angry Grimace posted:

Obviously that Temur Babysitter is not a card for the axelady. Its an equipment card for the baby purse.

We finally found out what Vial of Dragonfire is. You don't want to be around when he spits up.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tell me that The Usual Suspects wouldn't be the best Through the Breach variant.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mercury Crusader posted:

My teenage years
Were you the Klownsman or the blindfolded Horus?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Skyl3lazer posted:

This is actually exactly what Mardu Legends needed oh my god

This post is from 5 pages ago talking about Zurgo. That's what I want to talk about. He's just the perfect lil' dude for Mardu/Jeskai Legends. Please Wizards have 1 more RWB or UWR legend that is less than 2 mana and can be brought back by Alesha.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Tubgoat posted:

Were you the Klownsman or the blindfolded Horus?

The guy trying to force a 1-0-1 round at a local tournament

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mercury Crusader posted:

The guy trying to force a 1-0-1 round at a local tournament
You dick.

What was the wincon for the first game?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Provoking physical violence from your opponent, thus granting them a Match Loss.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

You dick.

What was the wincon for the first game?

Chronatog-fueled decking of the opponent. Or making them just concede.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Provoking physical violence from your opponent, thus granting them a Match Loss.

This never happened but it should have.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Turbo-Stasis was one of the legitimate counter strategies to Necropotence decks.

Of course, the Necro deck was an rear end in a top hat prison deck too -

Lands

4 Strip Mine
18 Swamp

Artifacts

2 Icy Manipulator
1 Ivory Tower
2 Nevinyrral's Disk
1 Zuran Orb

Creatures

4 Black Knight
4 Hypnotic Specter
4 Order of the Ebon Hand
2 Sengir Vampire
1 Ihsan's Shade

Enchantments
4 Necropotence

Instants

4 Dark Ritual

Sorceries

3 Drain Life
4 Hymn to Tourach
2 Icequake

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 6, 2015

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I'm really hoping that Deathtouch Raptor is hinting that we'll be headed to Muraganda this fall...

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Akros, then Boros? I feel a pattern here (ALSO WHY IS HE STILL NOT RW)

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

First Bass posted:

Core set.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

First Bass posted:

So they can continue to prolong the weird romance angle with Chandra.

If you're unfamiliar with MTG lore, yes that's a thing. Its like a Maro-penned romance story - they like each other but she can't get over his white-ness and he's too stuffy to get over her red-ness.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

So they can continue to prolong the weird romance angle with Chandra.

If you're unfamiliar with MTG lore, yes that's a thing. Its like a Maro-penned romance story - they like each other but she can't get over his white-ness and he's too stuffy to get over her red-ness.

I'm p sure he was originally written as an OC love interest for Chandra that they turned into an actual card

RME
Feb 20, 2012

this will go great in my edh deck

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Well, now that there's Actual Evidencetm I'll happily admit I was wrong. Tis the season to be wrong about Magic.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
this kid doesn't have Gideon's sideburn wtf wizards 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

RME posted:

this will go great in my edh deck
I know this is just a thing that people say, but don't do that, it's just a shittier Eternal Witness.

• Locked thread