Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
worst people eh, well what about ISIS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
sweet av reidransom

is it time to reveal the avatars you purchased for others yet

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

thx

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's hilarious, I love it.

it's part of a series of biden creeping love live girls, but this was the best one

baw
Nov 5, 2008

SedanChair posted:

sweet av reidransom

is it time to reveal the avatars you purchased for others yet

those secrets are taken to the grave

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

baw posted:

this is a false stereotype, there are many cool and nice men in italy

silvio, for instance

mario

benito
lots of nice names

my favourite is "giovanni", but that is a name only associated with mafia serial killers

baw
Nov 5, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

silvio, for instance

mario

benito
lots of nice names

my favourite is "giovanni", but that is a name only associated with mafia serial killers

the only italian i know named giovanni is a twink

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Mayor Dave posted:

all music is good

hmm

giovanni sounds like a name that should belong to a really haughty chocolatier

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Venom Snake posted:

all insults are good, and should be used more often

Your WWII derail in the politoons thread betrays a sophomoric-at-best understanding of the Munich conference and events surrounding it, and barely rises to a History Channel-level analysis the war itself, you friggin' Melvin.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

baw posted:

also a mafia serial killer, no doubt

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
only giovanni i know is a big fat gay latino guy

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

only giovanni i know is a big fat gay latino guy

tell him this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVmNjtyw5Js

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

that would make for an interesting sitcom concept, actually- young giovanni is born into the mafia and very good at murdering people, but is secretly a collossal homosexual. in the repressive environment of a deeply conservative mafia, he must wrestle between loyalty to his degenerate scumbag family, his love of bears and the obvious police tip-off that is his given name

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

V. Illych L. posted:

that would make for an interesting sitcom concept, actually- young giovanni is born into the mafia and very good at murdering people, but is secretly a collossal homosexual. in the repressive environment of a deeply conservative mafia, he must wrestle between loyalty to his degenerate scumbag family, his love of bears and the obvious police tip-off that is his given name

I swear they had a subplot similar to this in one of the later seasons of The Sopranos.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Your WWII derail in the politoons thread betrays a sophomoric-at-best understanding of the Munich conference and events surrounding it, and barely rises to a History Channel-level analysis the war itself, you friggin' Melvin.

i know mostly just about during war stuff, not the things that came before.

Other than the USSR bitch slapping Japan, which was insanely funny.

Lest we forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUR95-o_fw#t=26

baw
Nov 5, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

id watch this tbqh

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

this is good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lol you can feel the nationalism sleeting off the screen

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the modern classic korean film, fuckin imperial jap fuckers get curbed by soviets like punks

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

V. Illych L. posted:

This (or something fairly close to it) is already a movie.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You're a walking bag of sputum. Your sweat is oily putrescence, and you croak out noises from your leathery vocal cords in a crude approximation of human speech. Dogs would not eat your corpse.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

baw posted:

those secrets are taken to the grave

literally every red title in d&d can be traced to about 3 people

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I kind of want a red title. Maybe "i want a red title". That'd be pretty rad. Maybe add a disgusting pic. Probably not though, the text by itself feels more streamlined.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

buying red titles is dumb anyway. you want to buy them something humiliating but also make it look like something someone would actually buy

a red title just shows that you pissed someone off

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

baw posted:

Is that suppose to be a bad thing? Nothing wrong with a good twink every once in awhile.

Also, thanks to whoever recommended the Dollop podcast, not sure if it was in the right wing media thread or the USPol thread. It might not cover as much history as I'd hoped for but it is gutbustingly funny.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Is that suppose to be a bad thing? Nothing wrong with a good twink every once in awhile.

of course not he's a friend

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like the red titles that are just confusing to anyone who doesnt read a particular thread. like "ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS FUCKWIT" guy, or those ones that are totally obtuse to non-insane people like "ASK ME ABOUT MY FUCKNARD OPINIONS ON MAINING BAD HEROES IN DOTA DUURR HURR"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I kind of want a red title. Maybe "i want a red title". That'd be pretty rad. Maybe add a disgusting pic. Probably not though, the text by itself feels more streamlined.

be careful, last time i mentioned not having an avatar someone bought me a brony one

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i like the rome one i asked him about it at one point but forgot what the answer was

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Zeitgueist posted:

dunno about PR, but I use that emote 100% serious about half the time, and 100% facetious the other half

I said thing in good humor, all is good :dogbutton:

I just am amused at the thought of how there is a whole culture of people that spend their time looking for the vaguest hints that a child's cartoon or video game character is anything more than a personality-free vessel trapped in a consumer media product

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 5, 2015

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Venom Snake posted:

i know mostly just about during war stuff, not the things that came before.

Other than the USSR bitch slapping Japan, which was insanely funny.

Lest we forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUR95-o_fw#t=26

tbh i think the japanese disable more soviet tanks in this scene than they actually did historically in that entire war

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
brb buying ZG a baffling red title like NICE USAGE OF THE DOGBUTTON EMOTICON, FUCKMASTER FLEX!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

i like the red titles that are just confusing to anyone who doesnt read a particular thread. like "ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS FUCKWIT" guy, or those ones that are totally obtuse to non-insane people like "ASK ME ABOUT MY FUCKNARD OPINIONS ON MAINING BAD HEROES IN DOTA DUURR HURR"

My favorite red title of all time was Alexandr's, which read "Ask me about using a road cone to funnel hot tar into my gaping anus!" or something very similar.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SubponticatePoster posted:

This (or something fairly close to it) is already a movie.

including the name? 'cos the name is p. much the most important thing in this concept

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
basically the optimal red title should also incorporate a GBS 1.0 compound insult-cuss, like fuckknuckle or fuckstick shitbastard

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

brb buying ZG a baffling red title like NICE USAGE OF THE DOGBUTTON EMOTICON, FUCKMASTER FLEX!!

Honestly FUCKMASTER FLEX! instantly makes a title a good idea.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol you can feel the nationalism sleeting off the screen

the modern classic korean film, fuckin imperial jap fuckers get curbed by soviets like punks

The mistake they made was showing the Japanese as even having a chance.

V. Illych L. posted:

tbh i think the japanese disable more soviet tanks in this scene than they actually did historically in that entire war

this basically.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

merely solidifying my gimmick for this iteration of chatthread

dance puppet :smugdog:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if you all want to see an example of the popular political discourse in scandinavia, scandipol right now is basically a microcosm of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

It's an accurate manifestation of all my crippling self loathing.

• Locked thread