Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Blue Train posted:

*thumbs down*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

http://didgoogleshutdown.com/submit

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Intelj ust anno unceda ni-virus so ftw arefor smartwatches. Ia, c'est, vrai, pour teleordinateurmatiques. lays is bundle of mcafe, mobile, socutey suits avec lucky goldstein attorney at law for urbans.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

fart simpson posted:

Intel just announced anti-virus software for smartwatches. Yes, that's right, for smartwatches. The chip maker is bundling its McAfee Mobile Security suite with LG's recently announced Watch Urbane LTE. I'm not sure why, and I don't think Intel is either. I asked Intel CEO Brian Krzanich why a smartwatch needs anti-virus software, and he compared the wrist-worn gadgets to air conditioners.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is what apples competition looks like. its just too easy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shifty Pony posted:

this all reads like architects coming up with something without asking a civil engineer whether it is in any way a realistic or good idea.

the simple answer to why it is a complete poo poo idea is because cranes and moving heavy poo poo through the air are each dangerous as gently caress

the practical answer is that the maintenance and inspection needed to keep an idiotic movable building like that in working order is so laughably out of hand that it was last depicted as being performed with magic in a harry potter film

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the simple answer to why it is a complete poo poo idea is because cranes and moving heavy poo poo through the air are each dangerous as gently caress

the practical answer is that the maintenance and inspection needed to keep an idiotic movable building like that in working order is so laughably out of hand that it was last depicted as being performed with magic in a harry potter film

lest anyone need to be reminded that they managed to leave employees in danger for a couple months by simply forgetting to leave a ventilation system turned on

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
"forgetting"

ventilation systems cost money. "accidental" tce exposures don't

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
reminder that most of silicon valley is built on amazingly toxic landfill soaked in the unregulated chemical runoff of decades of semiconductor manufacturing

*pays $2.1 million for a 1600 sq ft rancher*

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FMguru posted:

reminder that most of silicon valley is built on amazingly toxic landfill soaked in the unregulated chemical runoff of decades of semiconductor manufacturing

*pays $2.1 million for a 1600 sq ft rancher*

silicon valley is basically the west coast branch of new jersey

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

silicon valley is basically the west coast branch of new jersey

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how much for the rancher in monterey? i like monterey

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

"forgetting"

ventilation systems cost money. "accidental" tce exposures don't

its better than that, even (lol if you think anyone at goog is paying attention to how much ventilation system would cost to run)

some rank and file googlers were cold so they engineered the hvac system off

why they were able to do that without facilities telling them to gently caress off is left as an exercise to the reader

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

its better than that, even (lol if you think anyone at goog is paying attention to how much ventilation system would cost to run)

some rank and file googlers were cold so they engineered the hvac system off

why they were able to do that without facilities telling them to gently caress off is left as an exercise to the reader

i'm sure that facilities did tell themt o gently caress off, and that they went and did it anyway because what do those hvac guys know, they have to use wrenches and tools!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Smythe posted:

how much for the rancher in monterey? i like monterey

a fuckload

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

duTrieux. posted:

i'm sure that facilities did tell themt o gently caress off, and that they went and did it anyway because what do those hvac guys know, they have to use wrenches and tools!

google is full of tools

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
reminder that google employee justine tunney was interviewed for the sarkeesian effect

e: lol they took it down

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 6, 2015

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the future of #gaming
#cybergames #cyber #hands #game

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

anthonypants posted:

reminder that google employee justine tunney was interviewed for the sarkeesian effect
I thought she was a bing employee now

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Linguica posted:

I thought she was a bing employee now
as much as she fellated the google ceos I wouldn't believe this, but i would like to. her tweets are protected now though, lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
her twitter profile says bing and google and founder of Occupy Wall St. and also believer that Google CEOs should be "CEO of America"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
if you haven't heard of justine tunney here's a 90-minute interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GHTYdLk5HI

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

her twitter profile says bing and google and founder of Occupy Wall St. and also believer that Google CEOs should be "CEO of America"

I can't even comprehend how you can fit these two things together in your head

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

vodkat posted:

I can't even comprehend how you can fit these two things together in your head

it turns out that an aggressively agenda-less anti-organization can mean anything to anyone; like somebody who believes that a vc monarchy is a good idea, and that starting a twitter account makes you a founder

oh justine is just trolling, people say, but if it is it's so effective and complete of a troll that its indistinguishable from her actual beliefs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm not a horrible crazy person, I just acted like a horrible crazy person for four years for the lulz

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

qirex posted:

I'm not a horrible crazy person, I just acted like a horrible crazy person for four years for the lulz
isn't that literally the defense of that gamergater that crashed his car while coming for some lady

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Linguica posted:

isn't that literally the defense of that gamergater that crashed his car while coming for some lady

i think for that one he claimed he totally just found a random crashed car to pose with.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

PCjr sidecar posted:

...and that starting a twitter account makes you a founder

she didn't even do this, fyi. it was a shared account and she changed the password to claim it for herself

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

that bitch is pure evil and it's no surprise she looks up to a fuckface like Eric Schmidt

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Necc0 posted:

she didn't even do this, fyi. it was a shared account and she changed the password to claim it for herself

wikipedia sez she did, are u calling fishmech wrong

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
idk i remember there being a kerfuffle over it before she Became A Thing

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol google officially supports gamergate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one more mention of gamergate itt gets a fatty probe my friends. take that talk to GBS!!!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Smythe posted:

one more mention of gamergate itt gets a fatty probe my friends. take that talk to GBS!!!

would you say it's shut

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
yea sure. the gamergate is shut.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Smythe posted:

yea sure. the gamergate is shut.

:rip:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

lol google officially supports ʀᴇᴅᴀᴄᴛᴇᴅ

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
lol, google deleted that tweet and apologized for it

now if only they would apologize for being shitt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

• Locked thread