Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Phew, $150 for that collectors edition. Not as bad as the CE for the Homeworld remake that came with a model mothership- that bad boy went for $300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

anyone else been watching the gog sale? It's not bad, 2 countdowns at the same time, and apparently the Star Wars games have been showing up a few times.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

gently caress yes

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Bolow posted:

gently caress yes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Best news I've heard in ages

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Best news I've heard in ages

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Bolow posted:

gently caress yes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Elite: Dangerous is being released on the Xbox One this summer. Helluva grab for Microsoft.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Elite: Dangerous is being released on the Xbox One this summer. Helluva grab for Microsoft.

Now I wonder if updates are going to be few and far between or if the Xbone version is just going to be left in the dust update wise

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Bolow posted:

Now I wonder if updates are going to be few and far between or if the Xbone version is just going to be left in the dust update wise

:boom:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wasteland 2 coming to ps4

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wasteland 2 coming to ps4

NO loving WAY
edit: mein gott it's true
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...&adbpr=36969785

bloops fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 5, 2015

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Where can I order this mgs5 limited edition? I don't see it on amazon and I need that desk thing. I got the revengance lamp and I need that HAND GOD drat

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
MGS is about the only series that I'll totally sperg out about and buy anything they release. Kojima is the coolest dude too and I'm glad he's the guy that made that poo poo.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really want the "Chico is Quiet" fan rumor to end up true, just because :lol:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
don't post anime here

also that hand thing would be cool to just put into a middle finger or the thumbs up from the end of t2

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They already had the tape of Chico loving Paz, so why not go more hosed up? This is Kojima we're talking about here.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

krispykremessuck posted:

also that hand thing would be cool to just put into a middle finger or the thumbs up from the end of t2

i was gonna put it on my desk to hold my iphone

Mike-o posted:

MGS is about the only series that I'll totally sperg out about and buy anything they release. Kojima is the coolest dude too and I'm glad he's the guy that made that poo poo.

the last collectiors/special edition game i got was the special editon of COD:MW1, because my wife bought it for me.

im gonna sperg out on this one

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'd consider the special edition if it was available for PC but it's not :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6sSEqzAKc

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Steam has the Witcher series on sale until March 9th. The Witcher is $1.99, The Witcher 2 is $3.99 and if you have both of them you get an additional 10% (20% total) off The Witcher 3 preorder. Just make sure to buy them individually as the bundle ends up being much more expensive.

Good games if you haven't tried em, controller recommended.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Last Metal Gear I played was on NES. Still shocked that Big Boss betrayed Snake like that

There's been too much backstory since then to really care anymore :effort:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

also that hand thing would be cool to just give yourself the stranger with

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Last Metal Gear I played was on NES. Still shocked that Big Boss betrayed Snake like that

There's been too much backstory since then to really care anymore :effort:

THat's not even the real metal gear. A lovely port Kojima-san had NOTHING to do with.

:goonsay:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Fart Sandwiches posted:

THat's not even the real metal gear. A lovely port Kojima-san had NOTHING to do with.

:goonsay:

:vince:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

From the MGSV thread

Terminally Bored posted:

Stuff from todays Kojima Station copied from here: https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet

- They're not at the full-scale balance adjustment/difficulty adjustment phase yet (though they still do a little of this where they are now).

- They're still "putting the game together". This involves putting together the various components of the game that have been developed, while ensuring the game still offers a high level of freedom for the player.

- Because there's so much you can do in the game, they need to make sure that if a certain item/vehicle/method etc. is used in a certain situation, it won't cause a problem. And if something does cause a problem, to try to fix it while maintaining that high level of freedom, instead of reducing it.

- Snake has two emblems on his fatigues in the game. The left one is always the Diamond Dogs emblem, the right one is the player's custom one. The default emblem is the "DD" one in the picture, which was intentionally made ugly in order to make the player want to customize it.

- There are different emblem parts, like graphical layers and words, that you acquire by completing missions and locating them in the game. The "Venom Snake" pre-order bonus is one such part. You can adjust the colors and placement of these parts. The purpose of the emblems is for players to distinguish themselves. So if you see a video online perhaps you know who it is from the emblem.

- The emblem is featured elsewhere as well, like on the exterior walls of Mother Base, your flags, containers (though you can leave it as the Diamond Dogs emblem). It also goes on vehicles like helicopters, jeeps, and armored vehicles that belong to you.

- You'll see another player's emblem on their right shoulder when you play online, but it's not said if MGO has a separate emblem.

- In addition to Mother Base's color, you can also change the color of your vehicles and other things.

- Shinkawa described the game as having the same attention to detail as past Metal Gear games, but now in much larger environments.

- Kojima hinted at the weapons system in the game being deep and detailed. This is thanks to Shinkawa wanting to put the work into it (and apparently it was a LOT of work). Kojima personally wasn't interested in making it as deep as it is, but when he saw the end result, he was blown away. So you can thank Shinkawa for all the weapons options in the game.

- The ballistic shield is carried on your back when not in use, and will deflect bullets this way as well. You can use guns in combination with it. Kojima jokes Shinkawa is a little nuts, given all the stuff he's done with the weapons.

- They started talking about MGS1 because MGSV's release date is almost the 17th anniversary of the Japanese date (September 3rd, 1998). When Kojima was making MGS1, he wanted it to be less of a linear experience and more open, with more freedom. You would choose where to infiltrate, your means of transport for getting there, the time of day during which you would approach, etc., but the level of technology back then made that impossible. Now, 17 years later, he can make that kind of Metal Gear.

- Certain things have changed with this MGS and yet others haven't. The systems have evolved greatly, and Kojima thinks it's the best playing game in the franchise. Every entry in the franchise has evolved, but this is the biggest step forward. So while the gameplay systems have changed, the game still feels like Metal Gear. (When you think about it, each Metal Gear has been a gradual evolution to this original vision he had.)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm gonna make so many pink things

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You gonna survive till it releases, 4Butts?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im prolly going to play ground zeroes for another 50 hours waiting for it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I was looking through the casual games on Steam and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJzQV0OuVw

:stare:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, good. I thought I was doing it wrong this whole time.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
goty 2015

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
No furry's, transgenders, cis, etc.

12/10

Would play again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nm

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
So n4butts might seem like the ultimate mgs superfan but in addition to my 6 goku tattoos I have 1 metal gear solid tattoo. It's the foxhound logo from mgs 4 on my foot.

I am a giant gay anime baby and I understand all of your derision. I just need to establish nerd dominance.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

who would win in a fight gokou or solid snake

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
here's my nerd story:

part of my motivation for joining the army was because I wanted to go SF and be like Big Boss :cripes:

don't judge me I was 19 and a huge idiot dork.

:smith:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who would win in a fight gokou or solid snake

No anime in GiP

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

here's my nerd story:

part of my motivation for joining the army was because I wanted to go SF and be like Big Boss :cripes:

don't judge me I was 19 and a huge idiot dork.

:smith:

when i did my weapons qual in basic i was humming this to myself the entire time (i was 18)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPon8lr48U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

when i did my weapons qual in basic i was humming this to myself the entire time (i was 18)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPon8lr48U

I whistled the GI Joe theme to myself a lot during poo poo at SOI. We all have shame to bear

• Locked thread