Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sharkie posted:

I like this version of MIGF.

we kept a pool, not because anybody liked to use it, but because the doggies simply loved doing laps when you toss a toy in it

when I was in highschool, I wouldn't need an alarm, the new puppy would jump right on my crotch and wake me up same time, same place, every morning. it stopped when i started wearing a crotchguard and waking up before he'd jump on me

one time, for april's fools, i took pheasant scent spray and put it on an old flannel of a friend who was afraid of dogs. it was p. drat funny when he kinda trapped himself in the bathroom to hide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i been to a couple group interviews and i always imagined the HR people walking in, putting a bunch of knives on the table, and going "ok, lets see which one of you really wants the position"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
do you cut off a pinkie or try to stab the candidate next to you?? find your answer quick, you are being evaluated...

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

do you cut off a pinkie or try to stab the candidate next to you?? find your answer quick, you are being evaluated...

show initiative and stab yourself before anyone else has the chance to, that's the kind of forward thinking that will land you a sweet middle management job.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

i been to a couple group interviews and i always imagined the HR people walking in, putting a bunch of knives on the table, and going "ok, lets see which one of you really wants the position"

I ended up volunteering to help judge people in the group interviews the following year and our boss asked us for people who stood out, were confident, spoke up, etc. during rounds of question and group activities. It's odd being on the other end because if you have any shred of empathy you kinda feel for the people who are overwhelmed by the whole thing.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
another april fools, up at the lake, we a guy some ex-lax burgers after we syran wrapped the toilet bowls below the seat, and his reaction was pretty drat priceless

another time, up at the lake, we brought a rat we had stuffed, attached little wooden wheels to, and tied fishing wire between its teeth and the fridge door. We got 'im pretty drat good, and after he screamed like a girl, we all made sure to get his son and then his wife and then, later that week, his daughters. Boy howdy, xan armenian orthodox men shriek!

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I have never heard of group interviews before and I'm kind of disgusted at the idea tbh

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dreylad posted:

I ended up volunteering to help judge people in the group interviews the following year and our boss asked us for people who stood out, were confident, spoke up, etc. during rounds of question and group activities. It's odd being on the other end because if you have any shred of empathy you kinda feel for the people who are overwhelmed by the whole thing.

group interviews sound p. drat easy so long as you go in knowing you the loving best better than all the rest and are open to learn from your soon-to-be-superiors. Just riff off the last answer, either agree or disagree, use it to build yourself up with a better loving story that no-one can top because your answers are the best loving answers

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreylad posted:

Were they interviewing for a sales position? Otherwise those criteria seem pointless.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Police officer from massachusetts calling into a radio show discussion, asking ppl to be nicer to police and says he loves all races and then immediately goes into labeling minority-majority towns as lawless hell holes lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching old episodes of keeping up with the kardashians, and I got to season 9 episode 11 and I thought of 9/11 for a second.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

zeal posted:

Were they interviewing for a sales position? Otherwise those criteria seem pointless.

lol if you think middle managers have any idea what makes a good employee and often what that employee will even do with the company

i once got a review from my direct manager where he said he had no idea what I do as my position on a day to day basis but also i'm not doing it well enough to get a raise

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

I have never heard of group interviews before and I'm kind of disgusted at the idea tbh

theres really something super perverse about making people competing for the same position look each other in the eye and share funny facts about themselves. "hi, im margery, ive been a personal assistant for three years" hi marge, no offense, but you and i must be enemies.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
last job i got they mistakenly had me start before the guy i was replacing(and who interviewed for the position) had left

boy was that comfortable

they were like 'whoops' also that is how he found out he didn't get the job

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Sharkie posted:

I'm watching old episodes of keeping up with the kardashians, and I got to season 9 episode 11 and I thought of 9/11 for a second.
9/11?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

theres really something super perverse about making people competing for the same position look each other in the eye and share funny facts about themselves. "hi, im margery, ive been a personal assistant for three years" hi marge, no offense, but you and i must be enemies.

On the one hand they seem like sadistic competitions designed to instil fear in prospective employees

On the other they do introduce an opportunity for workers to realise the absurdity inherent in the situation and rise up and seize the means of production

I am torn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'll never be an employee again.

It's a nice thought.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

hi margery, this place is lame, lets build up some tension and relieve it with drinks after i win this interview because there there, no need to feel down that im a boss and you...well, I can't think of a rhyme

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

kustomkarkommando posted:

On the one hand they seem like sadistic competitions designed to instil fear in prospective employees

On the other they do introduce an opportunity for workers to realise the absurdity inherent in the situation and rise up and seize the means of production

I am torn

unionizing a group interview would be loving amazing

"the group has elected me to represent them in this hiring negotiation. You will not be allowed to leave this room until you come to terms with us"

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zeitgueist posted:

last job i got they mistakenly had me start before the guy i was replacing(and who interviewed for the position) had left

boy was that comfortable

they were like 'whoops' also that is how he found out he didn't get the job

Did you lean in and whisper "This job is but the first thing I'll take from you"?

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[ivan drago voice] margery, i must break you

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Sharkie posted:

My wife watches the Kardashian shows and I hatewatch with her.

One time we were both drinking and she turns to me and says "this is loving stupid why do I watch this?"

Dyonisian truth serum, people.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zeitgueist posted:

unionizing a group interview would be loving amazing

"the group has elected me to represent them in this hiring negotiation. You will not be allowed to leave this room until you come to terms with us"

'None of you get the job' *calls in armed guards*

The only 'group' interviews I've even attended were for an MLM and a pitch for becoming a life insurance salesman.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Group interviews are just sad because there is always one person who has 30 more things on their resume then the next highest person and it's painfully obvious the entire time whos getting the spot.

Or it's just funny when said try hard loses out because they listed 30 inconsequential things and someone had 2 really stand out things.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If someone told me interviews had been replaced with feats of endurance I wouldn't be surprised

Whoever can hold the hot coal longest gets a zero hours contract

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sharkie posted:

I'm glad rock is dead. Disco won.

viva disco

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

If we're arguing best dog, it's almost all of them. dogs are great.

though I'm partial to corgis and mastiffs

i like corgis less now because it feels like a dog people get to show how quirky they are and i don't want to be one of those people

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

consumption is performance y'all

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Badger of Basra posted:

consumption is performance y'all

Everything is performance

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yTVWXYctoY

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

YES

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i remember when i sat a group interview during the height of the recession. it was an entry-level customer-service position, and there were ten hugely experienced middle-management and career retail people who'd just been made redundant, and me. but i was 19, so they only had to pay me ~$16/hour compared to a >21-year-old's $20. i got the job

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Just found out that my congresscritter Joaquin Castro was one of the 56 Democrats who skipped Netanyahu's speech.

loving awesome.:c00lbert:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This version though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL68JAzBZlM

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
the best way to get hired is to sleep with the interviewer before the interview

why don't more folks follow this advice?
e:

also, apply for jobs at places where your friends or family work and have recommended you apply for a position. does nobody network any more?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was once in a group interview and it got real awkward after a girl said her advocacy experience was "Protesting at abortion clinics and outside the capital building", and the girl right after her said "The opposite of that".

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

bony m gets political

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgSuSj-6_C4

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i remember when i sat a group interview during the height of the recession. it was an entry-level customer-service position, and there were ten hugely experienced middle-management and career retail people who'd just been made redundant, and me. but i was 19, so they only had to pay me ~$16/hour compared to a >21-year-old's $20. i got the job

Is there a minimum wage there?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sharkie posted:

Everything is performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

I was once in a group interview and it got real awkward after a girl said her advocacy experience was "Protesting at abortion clinics and outside the capital building", and the girl right after her said "The opposite of that".

lmao was this your loving senate internship? always read the wiki for the individual and see what their positions are, then adjust your "advocacy experience" to it

• Locked thread