Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
But what about the spy robot that collected Frieza's DNA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I forgot about this guys existence up until like 3 seconds ago for some reason and now feel the need to post this image

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Maybe that only happened in the timeline Cell comes from?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Huh, you're right. I specifically remember him smugly stating there was no point in continuing spying on them after the fight with Vegeta, though, and he didn't know poo poo about Super Saiyan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Gero didn't. By then, the computer was doing its own thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Some Numbers posted:

Gero didn't. By then, the computer was doing its own thing.

This Gero's computer kept doing the DNA collecting and spying because Gero ether forgot or did not bother to turn it off.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why doesn't Cooler's Revenge fit in canon in the first year after Trunks warns about the Androids? Goku supposedly got way stronger during that year.

Is it just because he didn't immediately go SSj? I guess that kind of makes sense but at the same time wouldn't he have been kind of reluctant to transform anyway? To avoid the Androids knowing about his SS transformation, I mean.

Android 13 makes no loving sense though I will give you that. The only way that could have worked is the 30 seconds between Goku getting over his Heart Disease and Vegeta and Trunks going into the Time Chamber.

Well yeah, Goku was so strong as a Super Saiyan that Freeza was such a joke he got bored fighting him. Then Cooler shows up who is weaker than Freeza, makes sense he'd stick in his base form so it's at least somewhat of a challenge. As soon as Cooler unveils his 5th Form which is strong enough to take on base Goku, there's no reason for him to not immediately go super saiyan and instalkill him, though.

Don't some of Freeza's goons beat Piccolo in that movie, thinking back? That doesn't make ANY loving sense.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Prison Warden posted:

Don't some of Freeza's goons beat Piccolo in that movie, thinking back? That doesn't make ANY loving sense.

Actually, Piccolo killed all three of them. It was Cooler that beat Piccolo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Well yeah, Goku was so strong as a Super Saiyan that Freeza was such a joke he got bored fighting him. Then Cooler shows up who is weaker than Freeza, makes sense he'd stick in his base form so it's at least somewhat of a challenge. As soon as Cooler unveils his 5th Form which is strong enough to take on base Goku, there's no reason for him to not immediately go super saiyan and instalkill him, though.

Nah, Cooler himself beat Piccolo IIRC. He showed up and threw him at Goku.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Ah yeah okay, that's fine then. I imagine Cooler is at least as strong as 3rd Form Freeza.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Prison Warden posted:

As soon as Cooler unveils his 5th Form which is strong enough to take on base Goku, there's no reason for him to not immediately go super saiyan and instalkill him, though.

Which he straight up couldn't do until he got mad/motivated enough. And then he instakills the 5th form despite it being stronger then Freeza's fourth form...that was a really inconsistant movie.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish Cooler was canon because Frieza's new form makes him look even more pathetic. Cooler trained for years to achieve his fifth form and it was only barely stronger that Frieza's final form. Now after just four month of training, Frieza has achieved a fifth form of his own and is far stronger than anyone Goku has faced in the past besides Beerus and Whis.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

WickedHate posted:

Which he straight up couldn't do until he got mad/motivated enough. And then he instakills the 5th form despite it being stronger then Freeza's fourth form...that was a really inconsistant movie.

I wonder if Cooler ever even saw Freeza at 100% and how 100% Freeza compares to Cooler. Goku let Freeza power up after all and it didn't really matter, I can buy Super Saiyan Goku being strong enough that he can clown them both either way. The whole thing about him not being able to transform at will is really the main thing that kind of ruins the movie.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhonne posted:

I wish Cooler was canon because Frieza's new form makes him look even more pathetic. Cooler trained for years to achieve his fifth form and it was only barely stronger that Frieza's final form. Now after just four month of training, Frieza has achieved a fifth form of his own and is far stronger than anyone Goku has faced in the past besides Beerus and Whis.

I dislike both Cooler movies(although the Meta Cooler fight in Return was really, really cool) but Cooler's fifth form looks so much better then Freeza's it's ridiculous.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

WickedHate posted:

The movie was made before the series established that Super Saiyans can transform whenever they want (it came out 1 week after Trunks transformed in the manga, meaning it was written before that chapter existed) plus the movies have this tendency to stretch out fights by having the heroes wait a long time to power up in the first place.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Prison Warden posted:

I wonder if Cooler ever even saw Freeza at 100% and how 100% Freeza compares to Cooler. Goku let Freeza power up after all and it didn't really matter, I can buy Super Saiyan Goku being strong enough that he can clown them both either way. The whole thing about him not being able to transform at will is really the main thing that kind of ruins the movie.

I like the idea that Cooler never knew about his brother's 100% power and based his own abilities on Freeza's "base" fourth form. Having Cooler be weaker than Freeza, even in fifth form, makes that movie make slightly more sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Actually, Piccolo killed all three of them. It was Cooler that beat Piccolo.

One of them managed to outlast Cooler. Then Piccolo Special Beam Canoned him right as he is about to finish off the wounded heroes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Everything about Cooler was the worst from his movie to his lovely knock-off Ginyu force to the terrible second form of his. Seriously, the pointy Frost Demon designs are the WORST and he's is the ugliest out of all of them.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

The dub soundtrack of the first cooler movie really strikes a chord with my inner angry middle schooler.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I just watched the thing with Vegeta's brother and sure enough Gotenks beats up the bad guy using Wolf Fang Fist, making it the best thing in dbz canon

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Vegeta's brother shows up in Revival of F.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Countblanc posted:

I just watched the thing with Vegeta's brother and sure enough Gotenks beats up the bad guy using Wolf Fang Fist, making it the best thing in dbz canon

This fits perfectly with Xenoverse. lovely weaklings have awesome moves that are best when executed by actually strong characters.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

Hell even Yamcha got to save some people!

That OVA is the best.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has it gotten an English release at all? Or is it Japanese only?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rhonne posted:

I hope Vegeta's brother shows up in Revival of F.

They actually do mention him in Battle of the Gods, when they realize they're missing a Sayian to give Goku the god powerup

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Have there been any pictures of Goten and Trunks from the new movie? I'm hoping they are aged up a little bit.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Zonekeeper posted:

The movie was made before the series established that Super Saiyans can transform whenever they want (it came out 1 week after Trunks transformed in the manga, meaning it was written before that chapter existed) plus the movies have this tendency to stretch out fights by having the heroes wait a long time to power up in the first place.

Fair enough. I can't fault the people who made it for that, then.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Have there been any pictures of Goten and Trunks from the new movie? I'm hoping they are aged up a little bit.

Revival of F takes place barely a year after Battle of Gods. I doubt they'll look any older.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
They have to start aging sometime. There is only 4 years between Battle of the Gods and the Z epilogue and they both look like adults in that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

By the way, what exactly was it that sparked the recent comeback of DBZ stuff with new content from AT and movies and everything?

Yo! Son Goku being released and testing the waters - it doing really well combined with games and drawing out new OVAs (Bardock crap) that led to a new movie, that did well.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

Flippinlikebirds posted:

They have to start aging sometime. There is only 4 years between Battle of the Gods and the Z epilogue and they both look like adults in that.

Same time frame as King Piccolo's death and 23rd world tournament.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guys I am so excited for a story where Freeza comes back from the dead and also learns how to go Super Saiyan.

It's like a dumb childhood fanfiction come to life.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Guys I am so excited for a story where Freeza comes back from the dead and also learns how to go Super Saiyan.

It's like a dumb childhood fanfiction come to life.

And if a Revival of F DLC comes out for Xenoverse, you can go peak fanfic and pit your self-insert against him. :allears::hf::ssj:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hey how come killing King Piccolo doesn't kill Kami but killing Piccolo Jr. does? Is it just because Piccolo didn't spit out an egg before Nappa blasted him?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Hey how come killing King Piccolo doesn't kill Kami but killing Piccolo Jr. does? Is it just because Piccolo didn't spit out an egg before Nappa blasted him?

Pretty much.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do you think that Vegeta ever thinks about reviving his old friend Nappa with the dragon balls? Do you ever wonder about this for long periods of time

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Do you think that Vegeta ever thinks about reviving his old friend Nappa with the dragon balls? Do you ever wonder about this for long periods of time

same but all of the saiya people

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Maybe I should revive my old race. Or at least a couple of my friends. Like Cabbage. Good old Cabbage. One time he said my dad's voice sounded a little too raspy and dad tore his arm off in response."

"... Man, us Saiyans were assholes. "

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Pureauthor posted:

"Maybe I should revive my old race. Or at least a couple of my friends. Like Cabbage. Good old Cabbage. One time he said my dad's voice sounded a little too raspy and dad tore his arm off in response."

"... Man, us Saiyans were assholes. "

"Maybe if I signed them up for Speed-dating..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rhonne posted:

It wasn't just an egg. The egg is literally a reincarnation of the Demon King Piccolo. Ma Junior is Demon King Piccolo in a sense so Kami doesn't die because his other half still lives.

• Locked thread