Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Poison Mushroom posted:

TOEI blocks poo poo on YouTube faster than even Studio Ghibli.

They shut down the clip I uploaded of Amy on the unicycle owning the Paramonsters really fast even, to say nothing of stuff as obvious as the OP. They're kind of terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AzraelNewtype posted:

They shut down the clip I uploaded of Amy on the unicycle owning the Paramonsters really fast even, to say nothing of stuff as obvious as the OP. They're kind of terrible.

"Let's subtitle Akibaranger in English and put it on Youtube free to watch!"

"Good idea! Hey, as long as we're making it free to watch, why not make it available to the west?"

"Nah, gently caress 'em."

I guess there are probably rights and poo poo involved, but come oooon.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Waffleman_ posted:

"Let's subtitle Akibaranger in English and put it on Youtube free to watch!"

"Good idea! Hey, as long as we're making it free to watch, why not make it available to the west?"

"Nah, gently caress 'em."

I guess there are probably rights and poo poo involved, but come oooon.
When they do stuff like that I feel like it's almost always for Taiwan or something. I know someone who would commentate Japanese wrestling shows for TV but he did it in English for some reason.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm liking Ninninger thus far.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

This week's Drive was a very sad episode about a roidmude who gets mad about anime.

It was extremely Good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The Ninninger ED is so drat catchy.

I'm really having fun in Nin so far; Blue's character archetype is not one of my favorites...but that's being made up for with his skill with literal magic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NotALizardman posted:

This week's Drive was a very sad episode about a roidmude who gets mad about anime.

It was extremely Good.

I really loved every single thing about the final confrontation with Medic in this episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ninninger is definitely growing on me. After a first episode that didn't hold me at all came a second episode that was far more enjoyable. Takaharu is lame as hell, but everyone else is fun and great. Kasumi's quickly become my favourite, hopefully she'll keep being great.

About Drive...god, I thought I was watching Akibaranger for a while there. AND THEN 072 HAS A TRAGIC DEATH, and I'm suddenly as filled with rage as Shinnosuke. The entire fight after that was great, and Medic made herself really hate-worthy with the greatest of eases. God, what perfect writing. Please keep Sanjo forever, Toei. Don't let him go away.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NotALizardman posted:

It was extremely Good.

Tomari perfectly understanding their nerd rage over anime voice actresses put the biggest smile on my face

...for about 20 seconds until Medic iced the poor Roidmude. RIP, 072.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Is it kosher to ask for reseeds in here? Because I've been trying to download the SD Shinkenger batches for like a month to no avail.

If that's better off not asked for, I will promptly remove this post.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mikeycp posted:

Is it kosher to ask for reseeds in here? Because I've been trying to download the SD Shinkenger batches for like a month to no avail.

If that's better off not asked for, I will promptly remove this post.
I had no luck at all, and eventually just went with the HDs. It's not that much bigger, and there's a lot more reliable seeders.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I had no luck at all, and eventually just went with the HDs. It's not that much bigger, and there's a lot more reliable seeders.

I figured. I just wanted to check before I went this route.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Is the source material of this anywhere near as amusing as the gag dub? I'm already guessing no but I figured I should ask.

Also if anyone has watched Metalder at all, is it any good?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BlitzBlast posted:

Is the source material of this anywhere near as amusing as the gag dub? I'm already guessing no but I figured I should ask.

Also if anyone has watched Metalder at all, is it any good?

Metalder is, in my opinion, one of the absolute best tokusatsu ever made, to this day, regardless of franchise.

It had a sky high budget and similarly placed ambitions, and only truly stumbles, I believe, at the very last episode due to getting abruptly cancelled for older audiences watching more than the kids were.

And it really showed- from episode 1 just about every single monster of the series is on screen, almost all of them important, some in shocking ways.

The only failing of the show is that the hero side is very basic and bare bones and that's mostly because the villains are the ones to carry the weight of the whole shebang. No villain is a simple throw away character, unless they ONLY appear in a single flash back, and a lot of focus is given to their development and choices.

If you want to watch a truly impressive, even nowadays, series with loads of unique monsters and human villains, Metalder is your best bet.

It is not, however, particularly light hearted. It has some sillier moments, and a cyborg talking rottweiler who watches 80s anime, but generally Metalder takes itself very seriously and a lot of somber moments burn on through.

Also one episode Metalder cuts off his own arm and uses the severed limb as a weapon to murder the particular enemy that week.

As you do.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The latest episode of Drive was really good, but man Medic has instilled a feeling of anger and despair I haven't felt in a while, her eventual death is going to be extremely satisfying

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Speaking of Drive, when do we normally get info about the mid-season powerup?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The way TVDB handles Sentai is the loving worst. It makes it a nightmare to organize it in my Plex library.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

We already got it. It's Drive Type: Formula and in suit pictures and toys are already out there.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SpazmasterX posted:

We already got it. It's Drive Type: Formula and in suit pictures and toys are already out there.

That said, the power-up seems to usually show up in a movie like 5 episodes before it does in the series proper.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

That's kinda weird, isn't that showing up next episode? I thought it was just another normal upgrade like Dead Heat. They're really going to pull a Kiva again?

EDIT: Just realized I'm probably getting the term wrong. I was basically talking about the equivalent of Gaim's Kiwami Arms, or Wizard's Infinity, both of which showed up around episode 31. I'm guessing Formula is the equivalent of All Drago or Kachidoki. So I guess the question is, when do we get information on Drive's ultimate form?

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 3, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's kinda weird, isn't that showing up next episode? I thought it was just another normal upgrade like Dead Heat. They're really going to pull a Kiva again?

EDIT: Just realized I'm probably getting the term wrong. I was basically talking about the equivalent of Gaim's Kiwami Arms, or Wizard's Infinity, both of which showed up around episode 31. I'm guessing Formula is the equivalent of All Drago or Kachidoki. So I guess the question is, when do we get information on Drive's ultimate form?

We already have. It's Type Tridoron. We haven't seen it yet, though, even in scans, we just have a silhouette and its powers. It can combine three tires into one.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
I was watching Ninninger episode 2 and noticed the grandpa was first wearing a scarf with stars that match up with the sixth ranger's gear and then a scarf based on the American flag (with a hat that matched). Foreshadowing in some way? Grandpa as the sixth ranger first a la KyoryuViolet?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The Last Ninja being Starninger would loving own, and make me like him even more then I normally do.

I obviously have a bias for blue and gold color schemes.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

SilentChaz posted:

I was watching Ninninger episode 2 and noticed the grandpa was first wearing a scarf with stars that match up with the sixth ranger's gear and then a scarf based on the American flag (with a hat that matched). Foreshadowing in some way? Grandpa as the sixth ranger first a la KyoryuViolet?

Maybe, but I'm leaning towards the good old fashioned Our Cousin Who's Been Living In America.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I wonder what hte 'Destined Number' of evolved Roidmudes is. There's already three, four if you count Chase, and apparently it's more then 5, but it doesn't seem clear how many it actually is. I know there were 108 (109 with Chase?) but considering that Heart's plan wasn't ruined the instant Drive destroyed a single one it seems uncertain how many would be the required amount.

It's kind of like the Horoscopes in Fourze but with way less information, it seems.

I guess we'll find out in like Episode 40 or something when it occurs

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Twelve by Pies posted:

For Kamen Rider? Usually episode 20 or so these days, we're right on time.

Blaze Dragon posted:

We already have. It's Type Tridoron. We haven't seen it yet, though, even in scans, we just have a silhouette and its powers. It can combine three tires into one.

I was hoping it would "Type Over" like one of the audio samples from the toy. Oh well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
to share my nerdy achivement from the Dragon Ball Xenoverse thread since it's sort of related-

Burkion posted:

As much as I love bubble gum people and slug men, I knew I needed a frosty to take advantage of that mouth plate.

Say hi to my OC Do Not Steal KAMEN RIDER BRISK

His move set is Fighting Pose A, Fighting Pose B, Fighting Pose K, and Great Justice Pose, or whatever that one was called-and a lot of loving punching.

My favorite look for him though is with the Elite armor

I spent a lot of loving time working on this look and build. It's glorious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think it looks really cool and it only makes me want to get the game already. Too bad I have a final on Friday, otherwise I would be playing right the gently caress now.

Although I seriously doubt I could use it to scratch that toku game itch that nothing else has since there were no more Climax Heroes games.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I can't help but feel that Battaride War is the game that the Climax Heroes team has been trying to make all this time. And it is awesome.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
So in the latest episode of Drive, was the way Shinnosuke introduced himself to the Roidmude a reference to Carranger or am I just imagining things?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was.

It loving was.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cernunnos posted:

So in the latest episode of Drive, was the way Shinnosuke introduced himself to the Roidmude a reference to Carranger or am I just imagining things?

How the gently caress did I miss that?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Cernunnos posted:

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who thought that?

He's going to introduce himself like that every time from now on, right?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

If we're talking about Drive, can I just say I was talking with someone a couple of days ago and they pointed out that Type;Technic ended up being totally superfluous and I kind of agree with them?

The only thing it's really useful for is so Tridorian can grab things, not as an actual form.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wild's pretty superfluous too. There was initially that excuse of some Shift Cars only working with it but last episode had a fight where he swaps from Speed to Wild and then just proceeds to use the sword like he was already doing.

We're basically never gonna get forms that make sense as perfectly as W did.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brother Entropy posted:

Wild's pretty superfluous too. There was initially that excuse of some Shift Cars only working with it but last episode had a fight where he swaps from Speed to Wild and then just proceeds to use the sword like he was already doing.

At least they actually use Wild in combat. They've used Technique exactly once outside of the debut two parter

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Brother Entropy posted:

Wild makes sense from a Story prospective because Speed was unable to match Chaser but Wild could overpower him; While Wild is slower the trade-off in power gives him the ability to go blow for blow with Chase and actually come out ahead. Admittedly Chase got a lot stronger apparently after the stuff with Medic but Old Chase could only be beaten by Type; Wild. They needed at least one upgrade because otherwise Chase losing wouldn't make sense, and it's a logical progression to get a form that can handle Chase in Wild, then one that can handle Heart in Deadheat, with Formula being for Medic I guess. If Wild didn't exist Chase never would have lost thus Medic wouldn't have had to reprogram him.

Technique didn't really do anything particularly special in it's debut and hasn't since.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah Wild is generally stronger and can hit harder which gives him a reason to switch to it in fights even if he doesn't use the Wild-only Shift Cars with it. Since Technique's thing is it isn't great in combat, there's little reason to switch to it. This also has a problem of even if they wanted to use it more, they'd have to come up with contrived plot reasons for him to use it, and that's not really great either. Going "Oh no, there's a bomb/we need to hack into a computer!" every episode just so he could use Technique would get pretty old fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

That happening occasionally is better than it just not being used at all. It could be a counterpoint/mirror of medic (since he can apparently directly reprogram stuff, right?)

Also I'd just like to see more Robocop/Robo-Rider type scenes with the gun.

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 6, 2015

• Locked thread