Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

I was thinking about how much radiation a device like that would have to emit and how there's no loving way any regulating body would let that within 500 ft of a crowd of civilians, but yeah let's go with eugenics talk

You really hate science huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm dying imagining some jerk anthropologist walking up to that thing yelling THATS A BLACK GUY HEY HEY EVERYONE THAT ONE IS A BLAAAAACK GUY BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How many anthropologists just wander aimlessly in crowds anyhow?

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

PCOS Bill posted:

We all do, all the time, because we're all pretty much unemployed.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Time Cowboy posted:

We all do, all the time, because we're all pretty much unemployed.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

PCOS Bill posted:

Isn't that kind of their whole schtick in the first place?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GenericOverusedName posted:

Isn't that kind of their whole schtick in the first place?

I dunno, can't say I've ever met one. I'm employed.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Needs to have the Total Recall skeletal scanner scene spliced in.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Spectral Werewolf posted:

They were both skeletons the whole time, making the X-Ray redundant and therefore humorous.

Humerus. Right there. Come on, people.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

These are the worst memes of all time.

OF ALL TIME

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

These are the worst memes of all time.

OF ALL TIME

What you have a bone to pick with memes?

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!
I'm pretty sure somebody's already named all the different spiders.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Never change, Korgan. Except do. Change everything.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Haruharuharuko posted:

What you have a bone to pick with memes?

I didn't come here to see a bunch of goons fighting about anthropologists and dumb videos made to go viral on Facebook, I came here for this

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
A gift for you, meme thread.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I didn't come here to see a bunch of goons fighting about anthropologists and dumb videos made to go viral on Facebook, I came here for this

It was a bone joke...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm dying imagining some jerk anthropologist walking up to that thing yelling THATS A BLACK GUY HEY HEY EVERYONE THAT ONE IS A BLAAAAACK GUY BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO

I can tell by the extra bone in his leg.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Haruharuharuko posted:

It was a bone joke...

It was humerus enough.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Thump! posted:

You guys are really overthinking the point of the video, gently caress.

Someone posted that video on my facebook timeline this morning then we all shared warm fuzzies coz because thankgod they were women and not damned black people

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thump! posted:

You guys are really overthinking the point of the video, gently caress.

Yes how dare a basic knowledge of 4th grade science wreck a PR video preaching to the choir.

Pope Guilty posted:

Never change, Korgan. Except do. Change everything.

You wouldn't know what to do if he did

Son this is called "textbook PTSD" and you need to get that poo poo treated right away you goony gently caress.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
I too am traumatised by textbooks.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Son this is called "textbook PTSD" and you need to get that poo poo treated right away you goony gently caress.

eh I can relate and it sounds like he's doing aight

edit for clarity: just in the sense that he's doing something fun and that helps him (and the kids), and that he doesn't owe the adults an explanation for that poo poo. Our culture's way too in love with moral panic. "That adult is showing kids any level of attention at all, and they aren't his kids. He must be a pedo or a weirdo!" yeah gently caress that

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Haha yeah the creepy part is how Americans make it all weird to interact with kids. WHO IS THE REAL MONSTER???

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

SnowblindFatal posted:

Haha yeah the creepy part is how Americans make it all weird to interact with kids. WHO IS THE REAL MONSTER???

Yes, this is an American-only thing. It's not like a satirical British program did an entire episode mocking anti-pedophile moral panics 14 years ago.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Kids are gross.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Karate Bastard posted:

Kids are gross.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, this is an American-only thing. It's not like a satirical British program did an entire episode mocking anti-pedophile moral panics 14 years ago.

ah yes, the Satirical British Program of 14 Years Ago. It is close to all our hearts and obviously a fertile reference.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

eh I can relate and it sounds like he's doing aight

edit for clarity: just in the sense that he's doing something fun and that helps him (and the kids), and that he doesn't owe the adults an explanation for that poo poo. Our culture's way too in love with moral panic. "That adult is showing kids any level of attention at all, and they aren't his kids. He must be a pedo or a weirdo!" yeah gently caress that

Yeah it really doesn't read that way. What should/ought to be true isn't necessarily true when it comes to social mores, and flaunting social convention at personal risk of accusation to himself just to assuage issues he has with dead children he saw overseas is a sign of anti-social PTSD behavior and he should get that treated right the gently caress away before his goon-y rear end gets in trouble he can't get out of.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah it really doesn't read that way. What should/ought to be true isn't necessarily true when it comes to social mores, and flaunting social convention at personal risk of accusation to himself just to assuage issues he has with dead children he saw overseas is a sign of anti-social PTSD behavior and he should get that treated right the gently caress away before his goon-y rear end gets in trouble he can't get out of.

I def understand where you're coming from, and considering the ridiculously narrow window we have into the situation (a couple dozen impact-font words over a bear picture) I think we agree on the important points. Any disagreements we'd have would heavily depend on the particulars of the situation he was describing.

and I'm fine leaving it there.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

BKPR posted:

ah yes, the Satirical British Program of 14 Years Ago. It is close to all our hearts and obviously a fertile reference.

I'm referring to the Brass Eye Paedogeddon special, and you're on a comedy forum so you should know what it is because it's really funny.

Which doesn't change my point that only a dummy would think that the extreme fear and paranoia over pedophiles was a uniquely American concept.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I miss when this was bannable. The reaction gifs for pages after someone posting "the forbidden meme" were funny.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I def understand where you're coming from, and considering the ridiculously narrow window we have into the situation (a couple dozen impact-font words over a bear picture) I think we agree on the important points. Any disagreements we'd have would heavily depend on the particulars of the situation he was describing.

and I'm fine leaving it there.

I like this more than the try-hard-to-recapture-GBS 1.0-spirit of modern GBS where I'd just get told that I'm a horrible neckbeard virgin human being who needs to kill himself.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
hey dude youre poorly shaven, have never "done it" with a "girl" and youre homosexual and you should consider embracing that endless void

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

Which doesn't change my point that only a dummy would think that the extreme fear and paranoia over pedophiles was a uniquely American concept.

Bad phrasing on my part then (tho I didn't claim it was uniquely american, I just did the classically-American thing of assuming US = the world, what can I say I'm a product of my environment)

"Western culture" then?

... oh who cares, let's see more dank memes

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

theflyingorc posted:

Except that panic turned out to be completely justified.

See: Jimmy Savile, apparently half of their parliament

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

MizPiz posted:

Except that panic turned out to be completely justified.

See: Jimmy Savile, apparently half of their parliament
lol no, Jimmy Saville existing doesn't mean that parents need to make sure that men cannot be in a park by themselves or that taking your eyes off your kid for a second means that your child will instantly be snatched by a pedo in a helicopter who will fly them off to their sex dungeon

it DOES mean you probably shouldn't let your kid hang out with giant weirdos unsupervised, though

bears exist, so all children must wear anti-bear-attack-suits at all times

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

• Locked thread