Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Lol so now she gets paid more than Newman who gets pain more than Obama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Graic Gabtar posted:

Yeah, interesting.

What state are you in? You're very likely to need your own "work cover" insurance as well - unless that what your potential employer means.

If it's for indemnity, insurance can be expensive - and the more coverage you have the more you pay. Some places have a minimum level of coverage as well.

The insurance they quoted works out to $50 a month, so I'd hope it would cover everything.

Ultimately it's a lot of hassle for what works out to minimim pay, but if it is all above board at least it's lots of hours for the next couple of months, will have to decide over the weekend.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Senor Tron posted:

The insurance they quoted works out to $50 a month, so I'd hope it would cover everything.

Ultimately it's a lot of hassle for what works out to minimim pay, but if it is all above board at least it's lots of hours for the next couple of months, will have to decide over the weekend.

Where are you based?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It's loving criminal and stupid how remuneration goes up by percent of your wage. Just give everyone $5k a year raises whether they're in the top bracket or the bottom. It would benefit the bottom paid a lot more and stop the top earners from getting so far ahead.

Also, change the entire economy and concept of inflation while you're at it.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

starkebn posted:

It's loving criminal and stupid how remuneration goes up by percent of your wage. Just give everyone $5k a year raises whether they're in the top bracket or the bottom. It would benefit the bottom paid a lot more and stop the top earners from getting so far ahead.

All pay increases should be limited to the price of a slab of VB per fortnight.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Graic Gabtar posted:

Where are you based?

Adelaide.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

starkebn posted:

No you see it goes up by a percentage because that way everyone gets the same and it's fair.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Of course Palashchuk will say her hands are tied because it's not their decision, it's from the review board. Just like Newman and Co.

There should be a 10 year pay freeze for those positions. No one needs an extra 50k a year

starkebn fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 6, 2015

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

Of course Palashchuk will say her hands are tied because it's not their decision, it's from the review board. Just like Newman and Co.

There should be a 10 year pay freeze for those positions. No one needs an extra 50k a year

QLDALP: Sells public assets, increases own wages, never changes from within.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

hooman posted:

QLDALP: Sells public assets, increases own wages, never changes from within.

I think I have personal emails from the Labor Left begging me to come back in my spam folder.

After reading all this, they are now deleted and not in spam. What a farce of a party. I hope they get loving owned in the next election because the LNP would absolutely LOVE to paint her as another JULIAR. If they're going to do this a month in then they probably deserve it. We have defeated Campbell....NOW WE BECOME CAMPBELL!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

I think I have personal emails from the Labor Left begging me to come back in my spam folder.

After reading all this, they are now deleted and not in spam. What a farce of a party. I hope they get loving owned in the next election because the LNP would absolutely LOVE to paint her as another JULIAR. If they're going to do this a month in then they probably deserve it. We have defeated Campbell....NOW WE BECOME CAMPBELL!

She stared too long into the crazy frog.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Are we using drones?
https://twitter.com/samhighley/status/573770348836999168

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Yes

http://www.airforce.gov.au/Technology/Aircraft/MQ-4C-Triton-Unmanned-Aircraft-System/?RAAF-BYjCaU6eHptQ3E2EiHw9jKOLJvauES8Y

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog tackling the issues of today:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We're replacing all our Orions with a mix of 7 MQ-4 Triton drones and 8+4 P-8 Poseidon planes

Customs said the drones wouldn't be any good at detecting small boats, Tones announced we were buying them anyway.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 6, 2015

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I have followed the stellar example set in this thread and have joined the Greens :D

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I'm really, really getting loving shirty about the number of Australians I'm seeing making comments to the effect that "Oh boo hoo, convicted drug peddlers getting shot, they knew the risks, who cares."

Imagine knowing that you were going to be shot to death. Imagine being led into a jungle clearing at night and being tied to a post with your hands behind you. Imagine seeing a torch beam turned on and aimed right at your heart to provide a target.

Imagine men in uniforms filing into the clearing and lining up facing you. Imagine them picking up their rifles and aiming these lethal weapons right at you. Imagine hearing a harsh command shouted. Something terrible happens to your body and if you're lucky you'll die before you understand what it actually was. Your brain processes sounds slightly behind other sensation so your last conscious impression is of stunningly loud noise, frightening and painful in your ears.

If you're lucky you'll be dead straight away. If not, you might remain slightly conscious while they check, and then you hear the captain shout another order, and then a man in a uniform stands over you and aims his rifle down at you from point blank range.

Imagine that.

Who cares.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

SadisTech posted:

I'm really, really getting loving shirty about the number of Australians I'm seeing making comments to the effect that "Oh boo hoo, convicted drug peddlers getting shot, they knew the risks, who cares."

Imagine knowing that you were going to be shot to death. Imagine being led into a jungle clearing at night and being tied to a post with your hands behind you. Imagine seeing a torch beam turned on and aimed right at your heart to provide a target.

Imagine men in uniforms filing into the clearing and lining up facing you. Imagine them picking up their rifles and aiming these lethal weapons right at you. Imagine hearing a harsh command shouted. Something terrible happens to your body and if you're lucky you'll die before you understand what it actually was. Your brain processes sounds slightly behind other sensation so your last conscious impression is of stunningly loud noise, frightening and painful in your ears.

If you're lucky you'll be dead straight away. If not, you might remain slightly conscious while they check, and then you hear the captain shout another order, and then a man in a uniform stands over you and aims his rifle down at you from point blank range.

Imagine that.

Who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WHSkbM9zAU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It was there for the airshow, for drones there was a Global Hawk there too and a couple of other random ones .

There was probably a dozen plus current model fighter jets at a :siren:domestic airport:siren: too.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Pollies get not exorbitant increase in pay; Auspol explodes.

:downsbravo:

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Finally a FDOTM with the correct word-count.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

There are plenty of workers being asked to take a less-than-inflation pay increase, or nothing at all. Also, when does someone look at MP's total remuneration being well above many other world leaders' packages and say 'how about we just put a freeze on this for a bit?'

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

You are aware of how many public servants are in the middle of industrial action because of substandard pay raises meaning they are effectively getting a pay cut oh wait no of course you aren't you complete muppet.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

starkebn posted:

There are plenty of workers being asked to take a less-than-inflation pay increase, or nothing at all. Also, when does someone look at MP's total remuneration being well above many other world leaders' packages and say 'how about we just put a freeze on this for a bit?'

I know, I'm one of them. Would it be better if the funds went to more deserving people? Absolutely. Is it worth losing our collective poo poo over? I don't think so.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Birdstrike posted:

I *love* being treated like garbage while my bosses make more money!

You sure are a clever individual!

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
I earned that raise because I'm a Job Creator

*privatises healthcare and fires everybody*

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
They got a pay raise after getting it increased by 42 motherfucking percent.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tony Abbott is a bad prime minister.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Tony Abbott is a bad prime minister.

Hey now, don't go being to hasty and start throwing around words can't take back.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Splode posted:

You sure are a clever individual!

Is Palaszczuk somehow prevented from now offering her public servants a decent pay rise, or is that too clever?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

he looks so happy

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

SadisTech posted:

Imagine that.

Who cares.

What's your point?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Here's how you know Australia is hosed

WANTED: Waitstaff - Wages negotiable based on skill and experience.

Gumtree :allears:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
If the riflemen fail to kill you it's a pistol to the head, not a rifle

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zetsubou-san posted:

he looks so happy

Pyne in this reminds me of the infamous Jack Perry from Zig and Zag.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

SadisTech posted:

Imagine that.

Who cares.

I'd probably poo poo myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i'd double backflip scissor kick the man trying to shoot me from point blank range in the face and run off

• Locked thread