Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Riptor posted:

Sounds like a job for Elliot Hochberg and his fifty cameras

*gives thumbs up*
*gets called an rear end in a top hat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
"Ministers and Rabbis are like cover bands" -Howard Kramer :allears:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is hilarious to me that Seth Morris actually puts on a neckbrace and glasses when he's recording Affirmation Nation

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

the dedication is in slicking his hair back.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

People should be talking about The Hooray Show more because it's really good.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Conduit for Sale! posted:

People should be talking about The Hooray Show more because it's really good.

Every show should begin with the host repeatedly messing up the name of the sponsor for that week.

But yeah, I've enjoyed it quite a bit.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Hollywood Handbook has consistently had me bussin' up hard every week for a long time now. Much more so then I4H and CBB. The clip of Sean on Gilmore Guys was off the charts on the laugh-o-meter.

Also the iPhone podcast app suuuuuuuck holy poo poo. Randomly crashes and stops whenever it feels like? Yeah sure, why not, that's good design.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Zsinjeh posted:

Also the iPhone podcast app suuuuuuuck holy poo poo. Randomly crashes and stops whenever it feels like? Yeah sure, why not, that's good design.

Downcast is one of the best app purchases I ever made; look into it!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
June missing another episode of How Did This Get Made is SO. UPSETTING. The show is good without her, but she always gets them talking about the most insane topics they would never touch otherwise.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The Monkey Shines episode really highlights how awesome June is for HDTGM. The last 20 minutes is just totally baffling with her concerns for the monkey casting and their inclusion in the credits as well as how monkeys are portrayed in the film. Like, there is a good point somewhere in those arguments; but it's buried under so much crazy-thought that you can't help but buckle in laughter.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I like June as a comedian but she might be a for real stupid person.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

What exactly is a Street Fighter?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

moctopus posted:

What exactly is a Street Fighter?

aw she gets a lot of poo poo about that but I got what she was saying. They weren't street fighting in that movie so why was it called Street Fighter?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah, "what is a Street Fighter" is a perfectly logical question in that context. Really, the most blatantly egregious thing she ever said was that Paul should sacrifice his life to defend her honor from some random people on the street.

And obviously the entire Monkey Shines speech/fiasco. But I do think she knows it's funny when she does that stuff so she leans into it for comedic effect, even if it does come from an honest place. It's how comedy works!

The confronting random people on the street thing is the one I'd worry most about cause I think she was 100% serious. I hope Paul doesn't get shot cause someone yells something at June.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Oh no way, I think that's a definite lean in, like take it all the way to the extreme, like the way that hosed up tyler perry movie did where the star gets aids for cheating on her husband and kim kardashian doesn't care.

I think because she isn't a loud or particularly forceful person it's harder to read.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I believe JDR is not exaggerating her ditzy persona one bit. I also believe Jason Mantzoukas 100% when he says a dead body or infants or some other gross sexual reference gives him an erection. I listen to HDTGM for serious discussion of the cinema.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
June, like many comics, probably legitimately did have a thought like 'no a man should go chase down a dude who talked poo poo to his wife' or whatever that bit was about, then thought 'that's dumb, but it'd be funny for my comedy show if I made it sound like I legitimately wanted my husband, a man famous for playing total spazlords in near everything he's in, to fight to the death for my honor'.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Lauren Lapkus is for real about ghosts

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Earwolf has been teasing a new show on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/earwolf

quote:

@earwolf · Mar 6
Something new and Particularly awesOme is comiNg To you! find out what soon...

quote:

@earwolf · 4m 4 minutes ago
a new show?! by someone Positively FanTastic?! it's true!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Paul F Tompkins AND Spont?!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

another solid ep

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Midnightghoul posted:

Paul F Tompkins AND Spont?!

It's definitely about time Spont got a showcase after all of those appearances....

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Besser introducing this ep's musical guest by saying she's the same as every other current singer-songwriter. I don't know if I can contain my excitement.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Besser introducing this ep's musical guest by saying she's the same as every other current singer-songwriter. I don't know if I can contain my excitement.

Besser is making me cringe quoting strings of semi-opaque lyrics from the songs this woman plays and asking her to break down exactly what each line means.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
She sure had a lot of songs about being broken up with.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The episode was still pretty good though. I don't want to sound like a cretin, but has anyone else felt that Tim Meadows hasn't been super "on" for many of his last appearances? I think he can be really funny, but he can't jump to funny poo poo as quickly as some of the others- like any of the others on this episode.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Oh my god: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/me-2-im-talkin-u2-to-u-too/ :captainpop:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just posted about this in the wrong thread. drat. But yeah, I'm sold.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic

I haven't listened to this yet but it kind of seems like a lame move for an already weak podcast. if this was really part of UTU2TM it might work but this just seems to be poaching off of their popularity.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Fieryspork posted:

I haven't listened to this yet but

k

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Fieryspork posted:

I haven't listened to this yet but it kind of seems like a lame move for an already weak podcast. if this was really part of UTU2TM it might work but this just seems to be poaching off of their popularity.

The Scotts must be literally shaking with rage over this.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Andy's story checks out, by the way. He was on Hollywood Handbook in December 2013, which was when Scott and Scott were banking the first bunch of U Talkin U2 to Me episodes.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 13, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think they must have a lot of these special guest podcasts banked. IIRC last week the dude mentioned it was 2014.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I figured Andy Daly, the consummate straight man, would make a perfect host for the Lapkast, but that ended up being a surprisingly weak episode.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I thought it was really good.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Tacier posted:

I figured Andy Daly, the consummate straight man, would make a perfect host for the Lapkast, but that ended up being a surprisingly weak episode.

it wasn't bad but it could and should have been much funnier

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Slackerish posted:

That's With Special Guest in a nutshell. Still excited to hear this episode though.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Slackerish posted:

Yeah, in retrospect it had its moments. I think I just had such high expectations for that combo that I was setting myself up for a let down.

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013
Someone should send Andy Daly a bunch of U2 T-shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Horatio Sanz seems like a pretty awesome dude.

The Hooray Show kinda seems like The Todd Glass Show but without the rants and waaaaaay more chill.