Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

To Freddy: You make the game beautiful to watch and I know my children/family find it a joy to see you play. We appreciate your talent and what you have to offer the game. Taylor Swift is right...haters gonna hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draws An 8
Mar 26, 2010
It's a phenomenal statistic and if Abramovich retains his interest for the natural span of his lifetime -which could be as long as 150 with medical technology getting more better everyday (Fact)- Chelsea could surpass United. But it's weird. The more Chelsea win, the more sullied they become. They are like a sex addict whose physical beauty is denuded by the sheer quantity of conquests he achieves. In this respect, I agree with Anthony Morris of Swansea, United Kingdom, who wrote this comment on The Daily Mail website in response to an article describing the problematic existence of a genuine Australian sex addict.

AnthonyMorris, SWANSEA, United Kingdom, 10 minutes ago
No such thing as sex addiction. She's just a disgusting wretch with loose morals, and probably loose parts. Wouldn't touch it with a borrowed one. Riddled.

For me, that's Chelsea.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...DAZXDcx&%23160;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Draws An 8 posted:

It's a phenomenal statistic and if Abramovich retains his interest for the natural span of his lifetime -which could be as long as 150 with medical technology getting more better everyday (Fact)

:laffo:

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
http://www.molfc.com/liverpool-vs-man-city-motd-highlights/

listen to savage at 15:00 :D

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

It sounded like both of them had been at the sherry before the show, fuckin hell

"Lunkin lookin naivete forward thinkin I was in the class of 92 yanno"

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
After a pretty poor show yesterday, my non-Manchester City supporting colleagues this morning were somewhat surprised that I was not glummer than the average Monday. For instance my young Everton-supporting neighbour has a face longer than Trigger today. That is not to say some City fans are not miserable about it all, but not me. It got me thinking about why.

I don't get to go to a match that often (geography, mainly and money, as ever) so my perspective may be a little different from those stalwarts that do. I think those of us who are longer in the tooth have the benefit of experience and thus are perhaps more likely to view success as a mere episode in the general drama of pain. I tend to think that we should do better with the players we have, but I sort of expect us not to. Europe is a bit embarrassing, true, but in general give me some exciting football with a touch of the farcical and I am satisfied.

Football for me is about the shared experience and the memories it creates - whether it be on the sofa with my son watching Agüero score on 13 May 2012 and him saying "I'll never forget this" (he was 7), that dreadful Friday night game away at Boro in '98 where it dawned on us there that we might actually be relegated to the third tier, being taunted by Ipswich fans at Portman Road (can't get much worse than that), or singing Niall Quinn's Disco Pants at Wembley. Every fan has different ones.

I feel that us old 'uns have been remarkably lucky as City fans actually. We have seen the sublime (Kinky's goal against Southampton), the ridiculous (too many to mention - Wembley '99 for example); we have watched journeymen like The Goat and Super Kevin Horlock become heroes; we have endured but enjoyed the camaraderie of the luckless, the minor miracles and the crushing disappointments. Such is the life of any fan outside of the top four.

But we then happened to win the jackpot, signed Silva, Yaya and Kun, and we won the bloody league. Twice. That emotion when we won the title was so intense because of all that had gone before. We weren't used to it, that ecstasy, that glory, we weren't jaded. We have had the best of both worlds.

Now we are one of the big boys. Now we are expected to compete for everything, and I think for some it is hard to adjust to this new reality, hence the levels of discontent you sense amongst some fans at times. We want to taste more of that success - it is addictive to some, but we also know that actually it will never, ever be quite as good as those few minutes after Agüero scored.

As for me, I've seen City win the league. I have actually been present when we have lifted a trophy - twice. That is more than I ever expected. "Meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those two impostors just the same" some old imperialist once said, and when it comes to following a football team, over whom you have no influence whatsoever, they seem wise words.

So cheer up my fellow City fans - we've still got Barca away to look forward to!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he's not really there

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Game itself, brilliant performance, but turgid appreciation. All I could here from russian stream was Burnley lads singing.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I made it about 3 paragraphs in and wanted to gouge my eyes out

http://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2015/2/26/2015-asa-preview-la-galaxy

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
americansocceranalysis.com

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

*xG = expected goals, xA = expected assists, xGD = expected goal differential. For more information see our xGoals

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dunban posted:

americansocceranalysis.com

It took a lot of math, but I think we've finally proven this Donovan fellow was pretty good at soccer. The obvious question becomes, who replaces him, and how does that effect the Galaxy’s xG numbers? This is a huge question mark because the Galaxy have played few preseason games and have rotated players at left mid to a point that it’s impossible to guess who will be starting. As of now, Bradford Jamieson IV looks to be Bruce’s pick to be the starting left mid on opening day (whenever that will be). We have no data available on Jamieson, but his season in USL Pro last year suggests he will be a player that will contribute mainly by way of expected goal and will have few expected assists. Now, from a numbers standpoint, a goal is a goal, however, the expected goal numbers of an entire team fall when chance creation is depleted, which is a very real possibility for the Galaxy next year.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"Tiki-Taco"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
To dive into the stats a bit more, TFC's 2014 Expected Goals For (xGF) was 1.50, which is significantly higher than their 1.29 actual GF that they were able to generate. Their xGA was 1.53 while their xGA was 1.33. Based on that, I would venture that they would do pretty well in 2015 had they kept their roster mostly intact, but since the Front Office blew up the roster again, it's hard to know whether this trajectory is sustainable or not.

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
WTF

Jozy Altidore posted:

Death to America

lmao which one of you is that?

Wristlicker was a chance creating God.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that has to be a parody website

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Things like eating cake and falling over ?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Setting the line of confrontation at the center circle allowed them to compress enough of the field without leaving space to play a runner in behind. All but 2 of Giovinco's passes were in the attacking half.

He was going after the ball that he had chested down to himself, Kah tried to play that ball, swung, and got man. That is the foul.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Swung, And Got Man, the Robbie Rogers Story.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shrapnig posted:

Swung, And Got Man, the Robbie Rogers Story.

Lol

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

lmfao

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Wrong thread

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just to follow up on Kris LFC's mail yesterday about Harry Kane's emergence being somewhat baffling and all part of a much more sinister Faustian deal, I 100% agree.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was an episode of Buffy called "Superstar" (S4,Ep17) where a periphery character called Jonathan suddenly becomes the lead character of the show, taking over Buffy's mantle without any explanation at all. Buffy and the rest of the gang become a supporting cast who are completely in awe of Jonathan's exceptional slaying/general street smartz (he's even credited with inventing the internet!).

It's a fantastic bit of television but, much more importantly, eerily reminiscent of the ongoing Harry Kane 'situation'. What I'm trying to say here is I think Harry Kane might have cast a demonic spell which has sent us all to an alternate Universe where he has become an extremely prolific striker despite having no particularly stand out qualities.

After re-watching the episode, it has become obvious to me that F365 needs to find Spike as quickly as possible so we can track down the demon that is created as an off-shoot of Kane's spell.

We have to kill this demon so we can return to the real world where a seemingly depleted Southampton squad doesn't spontaneously decide to challenge for the top four, Arsenal don't show resilience and grit to win at OT, and Harry Kane isn't threatening to overtake Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero and win the f****** golden boot - I mean, WTF?!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Be a Gunner. Be a Bummer.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
https://twitter.com/niggerpool lol wtf

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Whatever that was, it's already gone. Probably a good thing

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

Whatever that was, it's already gone. Probably a good thing

featuring eg

rumours of Sakho and Sterling fight during training

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

chuggo is BACK posted:

featuring eg

rumours of Sakho and Sterling fight during training

Who thinks of 'big lumbering gorilla' when they think of Sterling? Racists can't even get that right.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Pantsuit posted:

Who thinks of 'big lumbering gorilla' when they think of Sterling? Racists can't even get that right.

Agreed he's a clearly a spider monkey

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

chuggo is BACK posted:

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

You're the expert.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Legitimately thought this was a pair of autistic children.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Legitimately thought this was a pair of autistic children.

you weren't wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I didn't know Walcott was a thalidomide baby