Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SchrodingersCat posted:

IMO Lost was one of the best shows of all time up until that clusterfuck of a final season.

I've been watching bits of Lost recently, and it's so much better thanTWD in every respect, even on its weakest days, that it's not even funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Surlaw posted:

The songs she sings on the show aren't lovely, be good everyone.

Is this from her music video debut - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHJ7zz16bY

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

vyst posted:

Is this from her music video debut - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHJ7zz16bY

The clue is in the post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVudemQmgYM

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Remy Marathe posted:

I felt genuinely bad for her when she was crying on Talking Dead, and it wasn't her fault she got shot in the head wrong. I hope fame doesn't eat her alive!

People keep remarking on how the headshot was wrong. Please explain.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

The whole scene was wrong, the headshot was the least of it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Beth shot first

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Agreedo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fog Tripper posted:

She was shot in the head, but the bullet exited through her stomach.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I didnt really watch the last couple of seasons but now that theyve finally gotten to Alexandria the show seems promising again... Somewhat.

Can somebody update me on these things (spoilering jic because ive read the comics but ive tried not to reveal anything that hasnt happened yet on tv):

- where is andrea? Is she dead?
- who is the black kid traveling w the group?
- how did herschel die?
- where is the governor? Is he dead?
- what happened to the young blonde daughter of herschel/glenn's girlfriend's sister? I surmise she is dead now.

Umm that's all i care to know i guess. Thanks in advance for not making me read terrible fan wikis or go back and watch a bunch of really bad episodes just to get these answers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dead, adopted from hospital by weal-meaning liberals, death by katana, dead, dead.

Interstitial Abs
Jul 11, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

She was shot in the head, but the bullet exited through her stomach.

Good to see the Warren Comissions's Magic Bullet still gettin work after the zombpocalypse.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Modus Operandi posted:

Did Beth really get written out because of outside show biz reasons?

Standard blonde white girl look, high competition, and limited roles..wouldn't be surprised if it kills her career.

She was written out because the current site runner is a huge fan of the comics and is working to get the show more on line with it. With the exception of a few fan favorite characters whose death would cause very angry internet protests.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Beth's part in the show was starting to feel like a teen drama with zombies like Warm Bodies. I don't think she needed to die just be written in a different way maybe, but her character has alway been sort of all over the place.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Fog Tripper posted:

Basically just go to page 51

Blazing Ownager posted:

Nitpicky, yes, but I stand by the fact that this does not match up. At all.

unlimited shrimp posted:

What?
I only watched it once but I'm pretty sure she shot up through her chin and the squib was the exit wound.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have the producers ever studied flying van mechanics at alll???

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wow that's some bad editing (the non-added part).

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I still can't wrap my mind around why they made the scene that way. I don't think it would have been difficult to have them crawl out of an overturned van.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know it really ruined my suspension of disbelief and reminded me I was watching a TV show. A bad TV show.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
I wasn't even as upset about the terrible physics of that scene as I was about the simple fact that the 2 most badass characters on the show allowed themselves to get into that stupid situation in the first place.

Huge bridge. Van hanging off the side. 20 walkers about 100 feet away. Let's get in the van. No, not walk the other way, or around. Get in the van.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
They should make a show about people with autism who are incapable of enjoying anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

euphronius posted:

I know it really ruined my suspension of disbelief and reminded me I was watching a TV show. A bad TV show.

There's Vin Diesel jumping off a car and catching someone in mid air, and than there's that van edit. One is perfectly fine, the other is lazy and inept.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I agree that I'd like to see Vin Diesel join this show.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I wasn't even as upset about the terrible physics of that scene as I was about the simple fact that the 2 most badass characters on the show allowed themselves to get into that stupid situation in the first place.
And that was telegraphed from a mile away. They were even telling each other: "this is a dangerous situation, we must take care as to not end up trapped in this van!" And I was, naively, thinking: well, of course, this will not happen, as that would be very clichéd.

Cue

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

captainoblivious posted:

They should make a show about people with autism who are incapable of enjoying anything.

They did. It was called Firefly. And they won't shut up about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Surlaw posted:

I agree that I'd like to see Vin Diesel join this show.

me too!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

thathonkey posted:

- where is andrea? Is she dead?
- who is the black kid traveling w the group?
- how did herschel die?
- where is the governor? Is he dead?
- what happened to the young blonde daughter of herschel/glenn's girlfriend's sister? I surmise she is dead now.

1. She was killed in Woodbury
2. His name is Noah. He was in a hospital in Atlanta. He met Beth and they decided to escape the hospital together. Only Noah made it out and then bumped into Daryl and Carol who were looking for Beth (Herschels daughter)
3. He was decapitated by the Governor with Michonnes sword
4. The Governor is dead.
5. After the fall of the prison the group was forced down several paths. Beth and Daryl were at a morticians house when it was over ran by zombies. Daryl told Beth to split and she was injured. She was picked up by a group of police officers and taken back to Atlanta where her wounds were taken care of at a hospital. The hospital ended up being more sinister. Noah (see answer 2) met up with Daryl and Carol. The 3 of them went back to the main group and the whole group went to Atlanta to get Beth back. Beth ended up stabbing the leader of the hospital crew, who in turn shoots and kills Beth.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

captainoblivious posted:

Right? How dare people demand quality writing and editing??? Why can't they enjoy lovely scenes like I do, goddurnit?!?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

enraged_camel posted:

Right? How dare people demand quality writing and editing??? Why can't they enjoy lovely scenes like I do, goddurnit?!?

JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN YOU PIECE OF poo poo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
We are the walking sperg.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
If we assume that the President and VP are dead/incapacitated/extremely sleepy (which seems likely), doesn't that mean Congressperson Whatsherface can basically claim the Presidency?

"I call this emergency session of the House to order. Any new business?"
"I motion that I elect me as Speaker of the House." "Motion passes!" "I vote for me." "Hooray! I won!"

The system works! :patriot:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Huh. Never noticed the forehead hole, only the back of head exit. That is rather the falling van.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Nihonniboku posted:

They did. It was called Firefly. And they won't shut up about it.

Oh no you didn't just trigger me. Motherfucker... :rant:

Was getting a prescription filled at Walgreens this eve. Browsed the toy section (love the mystery lego mini figures you see) and got a chuckle at seeing the same little packages, but of random Walking Dead characters/zombies. About ¢.00000001 worth of plastic for about $4.50 each. One possible figure was michonne. Another was one of her armless, chinless pet zombies, complete with neck chain. Note: Recommended for ages 17+ lol

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 7, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

We are the walking sperg.

Thread title

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Neophyte posted:

If we assume that the President and VP are dead/incapacitated/extremely sleepy (which seems likely), doesn't that mean Congressperson Whatsherface can basically claim the Presidency?

"I motion that I elect me as Speaker of the House." "Motion passes!" "I vote for me." "Hooray! I won!"

It's hard to be the president when you haven't set foot outside a single settlement since the outbreak started (which is several years ago now).

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh no you didn't just trigger me. Motherfucker... :rant:

Was getting a prescription filled at Walgreens this eve. Browsed the toy section (love the mystery lego mini figures you see) and got a chuckle at seeing the same little packages, but of random Walking Dead characters/zombies. About ¢.00000001 worth of plastic for about $4.50 each. One possible figure was michonne. Another was one of her armless, chinless pet zombies, complete with neck chain. Note: Recommended for ages 17+ lol
If it's not a bespoke crocheted michonne made by a little old lady at a craft fair it's garbage for garbage fans

Note this was made before the van debacle so it's worth, like, a lot.

e; that's my daughter's shelf I'm not some weirdo

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Neophyte posted:

I mean, I guess she can at this point because why not, but there's no legal or logical reason anyone should listen to her. I don't read the comics but I assume the government is essentially gone, and even if it wasn't, the line of succession doesn't ever touch regular congressional representatives.

I totally didn't read the second half of your post, I see what you mean, duhhh

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CelticPredator posted:

There's Vin Diesel jumping off a car and catching someone in mid air, and than there's that van edit. One is perfectly fine, the other is lazy and inept.

This

the whole van scene was like Hogan's Heroes like editing and prop making. Except this show didn't do it because it didn't have the money, it did it for whatever friggen reason they decided it would be "good"

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Has anyone that works on the show been asked about that scene in an interview at any point? I'd be curious to hear how something something like that slips through the editing/production process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I posted way too much detail about a lovely effect on page 50, too, but I think it's because there was so much stupid in that scene that there just wasn't much to say besides "That was dumb."

I honestly put Beth's death, every single aspect of it, right next to "dangle Glenn down a well to 'decontaminate' the water."

Cactus posted:

Has anyone that works on the show been asked about that scene in an interview at any point? I'd be curious to hear how something something like that slips through the editing/production process.

I'd bet it was basically: "Hey effects people, make a scene where Beth is shot in the head!" then the director tried to film the scene, realized it didn't look very good and said "Let's totally change how she's shot, we'll fix the effects in post!" and... nobody ever fixed it.

How those things usually go. There's been some royal story gently caress-ups thanks to effects departments working on stuff months after it's shot, but I think with Walking Dead, a certain degree of extreme laziness is also involved.

CelticPredator posted:

I would be fine with a completely outlandish Vin Diesel on the Walking Dead. At least every time "that was stupid" is said, it could potentially be followed by "... but awesome."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread