Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bicyclops posted:

(i don't like them either)

SHAUN! SHAUN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

1995: Press A to open the air vent

2015: Press A twelve times to open the air vent

Rose of Sharon Cassidy - New Vegas posted:

"We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time."

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It makes a lot more sense when you realize that it's so you can't just skip fights by running directly to the exit, the button-mashing QTE that's just long enough to allow any alerted enemies to knock you out of it is just a more seamless version of the doors that magically lock when you enter a room and then magically unlock when you kill everyone.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Press f

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Only Platinum Games should be allowed to use QTEs, they're literally the only time I've seen them used to do things which wouldn't be better done as an automatic animation or an actual gameplay sequence

Actually I hate the QTEs in Bayonetta as well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Actually I hate the QTEs in Bayonetta as well.

And whenever they make it so your character is dazed so you have to wag the stick back and forth in Revengeance, those can go gently caress themselves as well.

The QTEs they do where it just adds to the halos (or whatever currency) you get are good, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

It makes a lot more sense when you realize that it's so you can't just skip fights by running directly to the exit, the button-mashing QTE that's just long enough to allow any alerted enemies to knock you out of it is just a more seamless version of the doors that magically lock when you enter a room and then magically unlock when you kill everyone.

its actually used to mask loading in console games.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Manhunt 2 QTE's.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Phantasium posted:

And whenever they make it so your character is dazed so you have to wag the stick back and forth in Revengeance, those can go gently caress themselves as well.

The QTEs they do where it just adds to the halos (or whatever currency) you get are good, though.

Okay yeah those 'waggle the stick in the middle of combat' ones can go to hell. Boss finishers are rad as gently caress though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

a QTE where, in the middle of normal gameplay, you have to play the entire bike stage from Battletoads or you lose your save file.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

a QTE where, in the middle of normal gameplay, you have to play the entire bike stage from Battletoads or you lose your save file.
I think this was in Drakengard 3.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They're implementing as the new password to activate online functionality with all EA games.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have now beaten every single 2d mario game ever.

Luigi or mario have not yet endeared themselves to me. I am still very luke-warm/neutral on my feelings towards the bros.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

someone please buy t-reapes a new avatar, because looking at the poop is upsetting me. Thanks for catering to my sensibilities.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have now beaten every single 2d mario game ever.

Luigi or mario have not yet endeared themselves to me. I am still very luke-warm/neutral on my feelings towards the bros.

Stop posting, nobody cares about you.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Stop posting, nobody cares about you.

that's one hell of a glass house youre chucking stones from, friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If only Mario and Luigi were given more personality, just like the Super Marcus Brothers from Gears of War 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend and I need a new badass coop game to play. We finished Divinity, got burnt out on FC4 and though Portal 2 is fun it makes me feel stupid sometimes and I don't like that.

What are some sick nasty coop games. Preferably $15 or under.

Oh and we're definitely gonna get Hotline Miami 2, pumped for that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

My friend and I need a new badass coop game to play. We finished Divinity, got burnt out on FC4 and though Portal 2 is fun it makes me feel stupid sometimes and I don't like that.

Syndicate

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

that's one hell of a glass house youre chucking stones from, friend.

I'm a good poster with cool, smart opinions and funny jokes

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

Broforce, Battleblock Theatre, and Double Dragon Neon

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

If only Mario and Luigi were given more personality, just like the Super Marcus Brothers from Gears of War 2.

On the TV show Luigi did cross dress as a woman

Maybe I should beat Thousand Year door and Paper Mario 64? Maybe then I could finally understand why people give a gently caress about two guys who just act as vessels, vessel that are only used to complete challenges.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Seriously, it's making me want to wash my hands every time i read the thread and I hate it!!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Seriously, it's making me want to wash my hands every time i read the thread and I hate it!!!

Well good thing that the image is actually soap in the shape of poop and not actual poop.

Subliminal advertising.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

either way maybe you could post something probatable so you have the jail avatar for awhile? tia.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's messed up that the Bros aren't deeper and more sympathetic. Guess somebody never played Mass Effect 2 or Wizardry 4.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i always play as femario so i can hear jennifer hale say ITSA ME

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there's always Giuseppe, the third mario brother who was run over by a car while he was chasing after a Mario striker soccer ball, and then both Mario and Luigi had their memories erased with mushrooms so that they would forget about him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jennifer Hale? Wow, she must be the lead singer of award-winning alt-rock ensemble Halestorm.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

[that comic where Mario tells luigi to go and blows himself and a bunch of koopas up, ending with "It's a me, mario!"]

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
ryu and luigi

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Luigi is a stupid piece of poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

giana and luigi

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Luigi is a stupid piece of poo poo

I think he is, no redeeming qualities.

Seriously people were fawning over kirby in how he acted in his new terrible game, and they did the same poo poo with captain toad.

Yet the Mario bros. are probably the least animated.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 7, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Luigi is the best character in Thousand Year Door because his entire role in the game is to stand in town and try to one-up Mario by telling stories about the insanely over-the-top and exciting adventures he's had while Mario was off saving the world without him, stories which are definitely obviously true and not made up or embellished at all

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Luigi is the best character in Thousand Year Door because his entire role in the game is to stand in town and try to one-up Mario by telling stories about the insanely over-the-top and exciting adventures he's had while Mario was off saving the world without him, stories which are definitely obviously true and not made up or embellished at all

The kicker is the events, in a nutshell, actually are true, but you get the real story from the partners that are with him each time he has a new story to tell, and almost every single one of them are with him for ulterior motives more than anything.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I would go on Luigi's adventures. Where the gently caress is Paper Luigi in this, the eternal year of Luigi, Nintendo?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Super Luigi U sucked for the long awaited Luigi only game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Nabbit was pretty good because that game was basically perfect for an adversarial player character who was actively loving others over, but him not being able to die to enemies made some levels really stupid

• Locked thread