Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Isabel trust Mr. Spender that much eh?

Yeah I"m kinda glad that Max didn't just brush off Issac, even if he did slip up himself.

Last thing we want is a spikey hair anime thunder antagonist :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
lol if you don't think Isaac's gonna be an adversary down the line. It's basically anime 101.

Isabel's loyalty to spender is interesting, but quite understandable. He's an authority figure and was trained by her grandpa, but he's kind of on the outs with Gramps too and I suspect she is drawn to that. The fact that he gives her the free reign to go beat up monsters and lead the team is probably also a big factor.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Spender also regards Isabel as trustworthy and sends her on missions to do the things Isabel wants to be good at. He's probably Isabel's major source of validation.

Which is very sad.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So it occurs that at this point Johnny could be hit by spirit energy, but still can't see the stuff yet. So if, say, Johnny tried to bully them on the way to school the way he did Max and Isaac and Isabel did some spirit punching all Johnny would see is her waving her hands while he got beat up invisibly.

What I'm saying is, Johnny needs to show up right now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

So it occurs that at this point Johnny could be hit by spirit energy, but still can't see the stuff yet. So if, say, Johnny tried to bully them on the way to school the way he did Max and Isaac and Isabel did some spirit punching all Johnny would see is her waving her hands while he got beat up invisibly.

What I'm saying is, Johnny needs to show up right now.

He got through the barrier last night, so I don't think he's ripe for spirit punching yet.

That last part is still correct though.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Update!

http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=333

There are so many things I love about this page. The art. Plot development. Isabel's quote in panel 2.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Why is that loving dog so long in that one panel aaaaaaah

Also is that Elizabeth in the background of the second to last panel

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Hweeyermz?

Juicy ones.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Isabel where did your bike go.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I like that there was a boss battle in there that was just sort of handled entirely between panels. This is a good comic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was pretty great, an off panel boss fight. Also good to see Max has finally gone with the flow and not be weirded out by ghosts now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Why is that loving dog so long in that one panel aaaaaaah

Also is that Elizabeth in the background of the second to last panel

Who?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

A character from the manga Gintama. I'm away from my computer or I'd post it myself, but GIS "elizabeth gintama" and it should pop up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

A character from the manga Gintama. I'm away from my computer or I'd post it myself, but GIS "elizabeth gintama" and it should pop up.

Oh I see. I thought there was someone else in this comic that I was forgetting about.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Squeak dog is also no big deal now, apparently. What did Isaac actually do to make everyone pissed at him?

Let's get salty.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Probably has something to do with Dmitri. It's been hinted that he used to be a member of the club, and something bad happening to him seems like a good reason he'd quit. Maybe something happened to make him back into a muggle or whatever.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Lobe posted:

Probably has something to do with Dmitri. It's been hinted that he used to be a member of the club, and something bad happening to him seems like a good reason he'd quit. Maybe something happened to make him back into a muggle or whatever.

Who?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Journalist kid (afro) with Suzie. It's kinda been hinted that he was a former member the way he reacts around them. Not to mention the cliche line of not stopping Suzie from blackmailing Max.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rotten Cookies posted:

Squeak dog is also no big deal now, apparently. What did Isaac actually do to make everyone pissed at him?

Let's get salty.

That's the thing: they're not pissed at him. He just thinks they are because he feels so guilty. He probably hit somebody with lightning who he wasn't supposed to our something.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Begemot posted:

That's the thing: they're not pissed at him. He just thinks they are because he feels so guilty. He probably hit somebody with lightning who he wasn't supposed to our something.
Dmitri's hair used to be flat.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Begemot posted:

What I got out of Isabel's thing is that she's not pissed at him, she's pissed that he's pissed cause he thinks they're pissed at him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I genuinely love that, supernatural cause aside, it's Self Perpetuating Middle School Drama that's causing the rift. Zach writes kids really well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rotten Cookies posted:

What I got out of Isabel's thing is that she's not pissed at him, she's pissed that he's pissed cause he thinks they're pissed at him.

I got out that Isaac's really anime brooding-on-a-rooftop because 'I can only destroy and hurt those around me I care for- CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN' of something [many mysterious question-marks follow after that] and everyone else is like 'Pfft you're a bigger dork than Ed' and they make jokes and tease him but he's so serious about stuff all the time that he's actually taking it as if they're all against him.

But on the other hand I like that she did make an effort to try to explain and keep things complicated even throughout because that's super great.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rotten Cookies posted:

He thinks they're pissed at him, so he is behaving in a way that is slowly but surely making that true.

It is a self justifying prophecy of being a douche.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I joined this thread late.

Has there been sufficient rampant wild theories as to the identity of BL yet?

If not, "BL is Ms Baxter."

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Begemot posted:

Otoh if whatever he did didn't have some dramatic or comedic significance it probably wouldn't be getting danced around like this

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shindragon posted:

Journalist kid (afro) with Suzie. It's kinda been hinted that he was a former member the way he reacts around them. Not to mention the cliche line of not stopping Suzie from blackmailing Max.

Also some flashback images showed there used to be a black kid in the club alongside the current crew.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Also some flashback images showed there used to be a black kid in the club alongside the current crew.

Or at least part of one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rand Brittain posted:

Or at least part of one.
Isaac killed Lefty?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isabel where did your bike go.

@paranaturalzack posted:

ISABEL'S BIKE GOT EATEN BY A BIKE-EATING SPIRIT

@paranaturalzack posted:

poo poo

@paranaturalzack posted:

SHE DROPPED IT WHEN SHE WAS DOING THE HAND GESTURES IN PANELS 1 & 2 AND FORGOT TO PICK IT UP

@paranaturalzack posted:

TAYLOR IS HERE SUGGESTING I DRAW A SPIRIT FLYING AWAY WITH THE BIKE, OR MAYBE A SPIRIT HANDING IT BACK TO HER ON THE NEXT PAGE

@paranaturalzack posted:

THIS IS WORSE THAN WHEN MAX'S BACKPACK DISAPPEARED IN CH1 http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=17 NGL I WAS GONNA HAVE A SPIRIT STEAL IT THEN TOO BUT FORGOT

@paranaturalzack posted:

in 500 years they'll be able to tell if a zack morrison work is authentic by if there's a glaring continuity error or not

@paranaturalzack posted:

it's in her inventory

I like the explanation that blames it on the hand gestures.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 7, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hah!

Random thing from the past I never noticed: Page 70 is the same shots as Page 18 in reverse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow, good catch

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Past thing I didn't notice because chapter 4 was super long: Mayview's local death cultists look kind of familiar!

Also Ed's nightwear is a dog hood onesie (chapter 2).

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Hah!

Random thing from the past I never noticed: Page 70 is the same shots as Page 18 in reverse.

That reminds me of the opening to Natsume's Book of Friends Continued. Coincidentally, it also has the same sort of "supernatural going-ons observable only by a few people" conceit as Paranatural, although it's less action-packed and more easygoing in comparison. Unless that changed in later seasons.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Also Ed's nightwear is a dog hood onesie (chapter 2).

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's not just any dog it's a RUDE DOG: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_Dog

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Update.

And that is one clingy dog.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The author comment. :allears:

I'm betting it's Suzie, by the way. We're gonna see blackmail in the school paper about Max and Isabel dating or something.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"*maintenance crew shuffles into foreground* where do you want us to put this maroon tree"

Well, not on the road, you dummies!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That drat tree's gonna cause an accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

neogeo0823 posted:

The author comment. :allears:

I'm betting it's Suzie, by the way. We're gonna see blackmail in the school paper about Max and Isabel dating or something.

Unless Suzie grew huge hands, that ain't her. Probably one of Johnny's crew. After all they did witness Max/Isabel floating in the sky.