Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

loquacius posted:

It's helpful that those explosions are labeled, otherwise I'd have no idea they were Muslims!

Are you insinuating that arab explosions are similar to jewish explosions? How antisemitic are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ague Proof posted:

(I don't know who Dril is but I don't want him associated with my Art)

Hopefully you won't draw soulless plop like ZenPencils then!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

That's an edit?

Yes, comes from what was back then the GBS Webcomic thread. The original is here. The edit was inspired by a goon commenting that they once saw Ultimate Warrior ranting "fags and muslims out of America" for a half hour, or something like that. So this edit naturally had to happen.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes, comes from what was back then the GBS Webcomic thread. The original is here. The edit was inspired by a goon commenting that they once saw Ultimate Warrior ranting "fags and muslims out of America" for a half hour, or something like that. So this edit naturally had to happen.

Ultimate Warrior was a crazy right wing dick.
http://www.somethingawful.com/legal-threats/legal-threat-ultimate/1/

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ferguson police racist, unconstitutional, Justice Department Says. Nevermind indeed! :hurr:

Bonus (unrelated) word salad about the Clintons:

Terry Wise posted:

"Let Bill be Bill!" Remember that? So we prepare ourselves for Hillary being Hillary, right? The Clintons are like 2 heads on one snake. If the country is ready for the asp that is "Clinton," then prepare for another administration of even greater deception and autonomy than our present president... hard as that might be to believe. Both Clintons back in the white house will turbocharge the god complex we deal with now, and I know, I know, it's likely to happen because we can't take free stuff from those who will vote to keep it and those who are convinced they're helping them despite dependence on it and those who wish to control them with it.

Stantis breaking with GOP orthodoxy again :golfclap:

And now a barrage of Hillary e-mail cartoons, knocking Whitey unconscious!

Bonus Allie:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Can someone explain what this personal e-mail thing is and why conservatives think it makes Hillary this corrupt demon from beyond space and time?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I look forward to more ancient Bill Jokez in the coming year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This "HILLARY BAGGAGE" stuff is just the wishfullest of thinking.

It's the "hmm this 15-1 team my 2-14 team is playing next week doesn't do very well away, in the cold, on artificial turf, during october, when the moon is in the fifth house"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Just because you refuse to listen doesn't mean it's secret knowledge, you hack.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Where is the Hillary foreign contributions talking point coming from?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

OldTennisCourt posted:

Can someone explain what this personal e-mail thing is and why conservatives think it makes Hillary this corrupt demon from beyond space and time?

Right before she took over as Secretary of State, Clinton set up a personal email account and used that exclusively in order to circumvent public disclosure requirements for her official email.

This was not illegal, but it was in direct violation of an Obama order that all executive branch positions use official email for all official purposes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Met posted:

What is it with these people and insisting that publicly available knowledge is TOP SECRET? That was a meme during Obamacare and Net Neutrality and I guess it's coming up again now.

Did he know about the report when he drew the cartoon, or is this a DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN thing? I'm trying to decide which would be more telling.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

Did he know about the report when he drew the cartoon, or is this a DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN thing? I'm trying to decide which would be more telling.

McCoy brothers are smart. S-M-R-T.

(My guess is that Glenn knows exactly what it says, but is hoping the wingnut readership he mindlessly cheerleads for won't know that. Pee pee doo doo Holder racist is all they need to know.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

He's pretending the DOJ's "we can't meet the high standard to prosecute Darren Wilson for civil rights violations" report, which among other things said the physical evidence indicates Micheal Brown may not have had his hands up at all, eclipses the much longer, and damning, general report on Fergeson policing and court system. Presumably, this is because he's a loving racist hack.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Despite the speech bubble covering part of it that equation more or less looks correct, so I don't see the problem here.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

loquacius posted:

What is it with these people and insisting that publicly available knowledge is TOP SECRET? That was a meme during Obamacare and Net Neutrality and I guess it's coming up again now.

Glenn's referring to the second DoJ report that cleared Darren Wilson of wrongdoing. The first one that I linked to is irrelevant, naturally.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

It's not that hard, Branco. What happens when you put ice in water?

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Mister Beeg posted:

He was. He even admitted that he voted Democratic once. After that, he learned his lesson and remembered to only vote GOP.

He became a born again Christian in 1973 and I'm pretty sure that coincided with him becoming a conservative.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

McCoy's fanbase doesn't disappoint. Special guest: Mike Lester!

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

Remember, in the 2012 elections, where one of Clinton's staffers said she would push the reset button after the primaries? That was embarassing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

McCoy's fanbase doesn't disappoint. Special guest: Mike Lester!

Haha the Pull Your Pants Up meme.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

colonel_korn posted:

Glenn's referring to the second DoJ report that cleared Darren Wilson of wrongdoing. The first one that I linked to is irrelevant, naturally.

When I get home I will read the long report, the Rolling Stone article linked a few posts up was very disturbing.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

PassTheRemote posted:

When I get home I will read the long report, the Rolling Stone article linked a few posts up was very disturbing.

I know we joke a lot about politics making us all existentially-despairing alcoholics, but seriously you might want to have a drink handy as you read it. It's beyond terrible.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TL;DR version: The local justice system used essentially robbing black people to fund city government. Also, the local PD is on email record as being full of jokey racists. Like some cartoonists we know.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

TL;DR version: The local justice system used essentially robbing black people to fund city government. Also, the local PD is on email record as being full of jokey racists. Like some cartoonists we know.

And they love threatening black people with guns and attacking them with dogs.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And they love threatening black people with guns and attacking them with dogs.

And white people were far more often to be found with contraband but were punished less. And white city insiders worked to clear their friends of small offenses while saddling black citizens with minor traffic violations with huge fee after huge fee. And, and, and.

I want to think of myself as a non-delusional, privilege-aware white person, but this report put me on the floor a little.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

That sucking sound your hearing is the sound of a portal being opened to the year 1996.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

And white people were far more often to be found with contraband but were punished less. And white city insiders worked to clear their friends of small offenses while saddling black citizens with minor traffic violations with huge fee after huge fee. And, and, and.

I want to think of myself as a non-delusional, privilege-aware white person, but this report put me on the floor a little.

There was always more, and it was always worse.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A little upset he made Hillary's mouth into a sphincter.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Stultus Maximus posted:

Right before she took over as Secretary of State, Clinton set up a personal email account and used that exclusively in order to circumvent public disclosure requirements for her official email.

This was not illegal, but it was in direct violation of an Obama order that all executive branch positions use official email for all official purposes.
I haven't been following the story really closely, but it also has the potential to be a HUGE cyber security risk.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

loquacius posted:

There is a law that says the EPA can use data from patent pending studies and leave them unpublished to avoid disturbing the patent process.

Right wingers believe that global warning studies are based on this "secret data" so if they repeal the law it will prove without a shadow of a doubt that climate change is a liberal hoax.

This is what these people actually believe.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Met posted:

This is about a bill being pushed by the Republicans to require that all data used by the EPA be public. They're trying to paint this as being about transparency and accountability, but in reality it's about kneecapping environmental regulations by excluding all human data that has confidentiality requirements.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

CowHammer posted:

Remember, in the 2012 elections, where one of Clinton's staffers said she would push the reset button after the primaries? That was embarassing.

This isn't just putting Obama under a Mission Accomplished banner, Hillary was pursuing a "reset" with Russia. When Medvedev was President, we were becoming closer and closer allies. Hillary even posed with a literal reset button:

Of course, since Putin became President again all progress has been utterly undone, which makes her look extra foolish in their eyes for ever trusting the drat ruskies. "She tried to make peace with a nuclear power? What a waste of time. :smuggo:"

Cpt.Americant fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 6, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cpt.Americant posted:

This isn't just putting Obama under a Mission Accomplished banner, Hillary was pursuing a "reset" with Russia. When Medvedev was President, we were becoming closer and closer allies. Hillary even posed with a literal reset button:

Of course, since Putin became President again all progress has been utterly undone, which makes her look extra foolish in their eyes for ever trusting the drat ruskies. "She tried to make peace with a nuclear power? What a waste of time. :smuggo:"

Posing with a plastic reset button is goofy as hell no matter what your political affiliation.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cpt.Americant posted:

Of course, since Putin became President again all progress has been utterly undone, which makes her look extra foolish in their eyes for ever trusting the drat ruskies.

Especially given how Lavrov was the foreign minister before, during and after the brief presidency of the comparably liberal Medvedev. Lavrov is to Putin what Kissinger was to Nixon, Molotov to Stalin or Ribbentrop to Hitler.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

zoux posted:

Haha the Pull Your Pants Up meme.
Especially hated in this thread.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nenonen posted:

Especially given how Lavrov was the foreign minister before, during and after the brief presidency of the comparably liberal Medvedev. Lavrov is to Putin what Kissinger was to Nixon, Molotov to Stalin or Ribbentrop to Hitler.

An incompetent war criminal?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

An incompetent war criminal?

:golfclap:

Hey, the President Bill book I ordered showed up today. I'll start scanning it in this Sunday.

Edit:

Here's a sample:

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 7, 2015

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

The cartoons about this new "scandal" have been terrible, with most of the hacks stamping an 'E MAILS' label on something bad. But I like this one.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Posing with a plastic reset button is goofy as hell no matter what your political affiliation.

I think it was a subtle, tongue-in-cheek joke about our countries' hilarious shared ability to initiate a worldwide nuclear holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

This is about a bill being pushed by the Republicans to require that all data used by the EPA be public. They're trying to paint this as being about transparency and accountability, but in reality it's about kneecapping environmental regulations by excluding all human data that has confidentiality requirements.

quote:

Democrats, science groups, and public-interest groups have numerous concerns about both bills. The secret science bill, for example, would apparently bar EPA from using public health studies based on confidential patient information, wrote the American Statistical Association’s president, David Morganstein, in a 25 February letter to lawmakers. That would force the agency into “a choice … between maintaining data confidentiality and issuing needed regulations,” he wrote. Also, efforts to deidentify sensitive data before release—by stripping names and other information—aren’t fail-safe, Morganstein wrote.

But backers of the bill said those problems could be resolved. Study participants could sign waivers acknowledging that the raw data could become public, said Representative Dana Rohrabacher (R–CA). People concerned about their privacy could also decline to participate, he suggested. “Their specific participation isn’t necessary to have a successful research project,” he said at the committee meeting.
"Let's exclude all the sick people who don't want their illness public from this study on if the envirnoment is making people sick."

• Locked thread