Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

agatona posted:

I found this really cute and funny. I thought all of Darth Vader's ideas were cool. Especially the Ewok pinata.

Brainstorming with Darth Vader for Disney's Star Wars Weekends | Walt Disney World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtw33b9TCfU

Speaking of Disney:
Little Girl Puts Gaston In His Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bdyzc5sdQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Cheetahs are classified as Small Cats - they purr and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drq_ww7Ytzw

Really want to pet that cheetah..until I remember what my relatively tiny house cats can do to me on a whim when they decide they don't want to be petted anymore. Then not so much. :stonk:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

More unlikely animal buddies please.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Kimmalah posted:

Really want to pet that cheetah..until I remember what my relatively tiny house cats can do to me on a whim when they decide they don't want to be petted anymore. Then not so much. :stonk:

I read somewhere on SA a few months ago that Cheetahs actually are pretty friendly for big cats, and act more like dogs in many ways. I have no source to support this though.

Content!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojiiR7xlJw

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
From my experience watching Big Cat Diary every morning before work on animal planet, I know to never drive in a vehicle with a roof opening when Cheetahs are around. I think there are at least 3 different episodes the cheetahs jump on the roof and use the jeep as a toilet.

Cheetah cubs are really cute though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BattleMaster posted:

"Look how clever I am"

Like a little Rory Calhoun :allears:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgc86ihzJOw

(warning: weapons-grade levels of cuteness)

One of the problems I have with human interactions with wildlife is that it's usually in a tourist setting, where the animals are at worst terribly abused and at best kept in unnatural conditions. But this is a vet who very clearly cares a lot about these babies, even going so far as to personally vet (haha) the zoo the cubs are going to. She even suggests that the hunter who killed the mother may not have done so if he'd known about the cubs (truthfully, the only time cougars really present a threat to humans is when you get around their cubs anyway, but it may have been a trophy hunter and not someone killing out of self-defense). So yeah, all-around levels of :3: in this video, and not just from the baby cats.

I also like how she pointed out that being a zookeeper isn't just snuggling with baby exotics. All-around great video.

Kimmalah posted:

Found this related video on why cheetahs are so fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vejjVgIHg

It's fascinating. I watched the whole three minutes with my mouth open. WARNING: the cheetah gets its prey at the end, so for maximum cuteness, turn it off before 2:50.

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Mar 6, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

truthfully, the only time cougars really present a threat to humans is when you get around their cubs anyway
Tell that to Rockstar Games.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

My Lovely Horse posted:

Tell that to Rockstar Games.

Cougar assassins in Red Dead Redemption killed me far more than any other thing in that game.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks for all the lovely pictures, guys. I've been fighting off a bad infection in my kidney this week, and this thread really helps.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wanna snuggle both dogge and birb. :3:

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible
I live in the Seattle area. The weather isn't quite as bad as it is portrayed, but we don't always get a lot of sun. My dog is a rescue pup from the other side of the mountains, where summers get to be pretty hot.

This means that when we do get sun, instead of bringing you a ball every couple minutes, he just wants to bask.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Checkmate :smugdog:

EMcTrap
Dec 8, 2006
Yam Slacker
Too late for more seals?

Three hours' worth of seals, both pups and full-grown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzJtpQB3WU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
(This is more a cute/heartwarming story)

Goons, let me introduce you to Dancing Man:

On a day like every other normal day, he felt like dancing. And so he did. But like in good story told, a villain reared his ugly head -- the 4chan rear end in a top hat. This rear end in a top hat noticed Dancing Man and not only took a picture of him dancing, but took a picture of him upset and shamed after he and his ilk openly laughed and mocked him. True his his name, 4chan rear end in a top hat uploaded the pictures on 4chan for all to mock (I cannot post the picture because it really upsets me; you can really how upset he is).

Things however didn't go as 4chan rear end in a top hat intended though -- the picture was noticed and posted on Facebook and Twitter by a woman who wanted to find Dancing Man to let him know not everyone on the planet are assholes and that he shouldn't be ashamed of getting down. This soon turned into a tsunami of like-minded women posting all along Facebook to find the man and cheer him up.

From this effort came a unified idea to express a heartwarming friendship -- the like-minded women wanted to throw Dancing Man a party! Thousands of women, strangers to him and who owe nothing to him, wanted to invite him to a party, to a environment free of assholes.

Soon enough Dancing Man was found! Located in London, he began tweeting back to his fans accepted the invitation! On top of this, a GoFundMe page was created to raise traveling funds so he could attend the party in LA.

Forgive my blabbering, but I thought this was a heartwarming story. Just let a man dance, you know?

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

Just an hour ago my boyfriend and I walked out of Starbucks when I found this little guy on the sidewalk. Must have flew into the window, so I picked him up and put him in my hat. Sat with him for about a half hour while he regained composure and he flew off shortly after I took this picture. I think it's a winter wren, soo tiny :3:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
That happened to me and my friend once. Drunk-rear end wrens always flying into windows.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

(This is more a cute/heartwarming story)

Goons, let me introduce you to Dancing Man:

On a day like every other normal day, he felt like dancing. And so he did. But like in good story told, a villain reared his ugly head -- the 4chan rear end in a top hat. This rear end in a top hat noticed Dancing Man and not only took a picture of him dancing, but took a picture of him upset and shamed after he and his ilk openly laughed and mocked him. True his his name, 4chan rear end in a top hat uploaded the pictures on 4chan for all to mock (I cannot post the picture because it really upsets me; you can really how upset he is).

Things however didn't go as 4chan rear end in a top hat intended though -- the picture was noticed and posted on Facebook and Twitter by a woman who wanted to find Dancing Man to let him know not everyone on the planet are assholes and that he shouldn't be ashamed of getting down. This soon turned into a tsunami of like-minded women posting all along Facebook to find the man and cheer him up.

From this effort came a unified idea to express a heartwarming friendship -- the like-minded women wanted to throw Dancing Man a party! Thousands of women, strangers to him and who owe nothing to him, wanted to invite him to a party, to a environment free of assholes.

Soon enough Dancing Man was found! Located in London, he began tweeting back to his fans accepted the invitation! On top of this, a GoFundMe page was created to raise traveling funds so he could attend the party in LA.

Forgive my blabbering, but I thought this was a heartwarming story. Just let a man dance, you know?

Aw man I want to be friends with Gunnersaurus too :(

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

"Is that bacon? W-wait. Isn't there a door here? What happened to the door? Did I break it? Oh, man. Alright, wow. No door. Got it. Oh yeah, that bacon. Let's do that."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

There's an entire company, K9 Voyagers, that makes winter coats and booties for dogs that may not be well adjusted to Wisconsin winters. Their entire product catalog is fit for this thread.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Lamprey Cannon posted:

There's an entire company, K9 Voyagers, that makes winter coats and booties for dogs that may not be well adjusted to Wisconsin winters. Their entire product catalog is fit for this thread.

Dying, just a little bit.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SyHopeful posted:

Dying, just a little bit.

The jokes on you human I'm peeing inside this :woof:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

"A treat? Curse this door. Wait, I'm magic!"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

In the related videos - Conan with a couple baby jaguars and a binturong, aka bearcat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtFXCt-7haU

Wanna nuzzle dat fat little jaguar belly Conan's holding :3:

I've seen this tons of times and it never fails to make me smile and tear up a bit :3:

Slime posted:

Check the litterbox.

Wrong. Those are tootsie rolls :colbert:

Jisae posted:

Just an hour ago my boyfriend and I walked out of Starbucks when I found this little guy on the sidewalk. Must have flew into the window, so I picked him up and put him in my hat. Sat with him for about a half hour while he regained composure and he flew off shortly after I took this picture. I think it's a winter wren, soo tiny :3:

When I was little, my late grandparents had a place with a gigantic picture window, and they had a habit of keeping it (and everything else) almost OCD levels of spotless. Without fail, at least a couple times a week, a robin or a sparrow would smack into the window and we'd find them outside on the ground with a look of :wtf: on their face before flying off a couple minutes later. Thankfully none ever got hurt bad or died, it was kinda like watching someone accidentally get hurt where you feel really bad but can't help but laugh your rear end off.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Mar 7, 2015

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Yes, correct.

http://imgur.com/ogli5PA.gifv

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

I have to thank you for bringing this place up. I've got a pair of chihuahuas who only tolerate the cold in their sweaters, and their policy of helping out shelters will definitely please my wife, whose work tends to get a lot of chihuahuas in because people are jerks.

I should really get some pictures of the chihuahuas for the thread. One of them is in training to be a therapy dog because he's proven to be pretty much the friendliest little dog in existence. I think their stories count for this - our first came into the shelter with a newly born puppy and refused to let anyone near her for about three months due to possible abuse, and she's now to the point where's she's a normal (if slightly lazy and cuddly) dog, and the second was a dangerously underweight puppy who has improved dramatically. Both started as fosters, because fostering is wonderful and everyone should do it, and just kinda decided that our house was the best place in the world to be a tiny dog.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
King of dogs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Say Nothing posted:

King of dogs.

I'm half expecting that dog to turn into a canine version of Gaogaigar(also I want to smoosh my face into it's fur)

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Hedningen posted:

Both started as fosters, because fostering is wonderful and everyone should do it, and just kinda decided that our house was the best place in the world to be a tiny dog.

Fostering is wonderful. I don't live in a place where I can do it right now, but being able to foster cats or kittens again is one of the big attractions of saving up to move.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Otter playing with it's "favorite stone." I find it cute that they can have a favorite anything and keep it hidden and only take it out when they want to play with it. :3:

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Jisae posted:

Yay! What's up bird helping buddy. :)

That there is a Brown Creeper, and they do tend to get dazed by flying into windows. Here's one I went to check out after seeing him on the ground, and he decided I was a nice tree trunk so he flew onto me (they're most comfortable climbing vertical surfaces). I walked him over to a bike path surrounded by trees and he took off.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Had a helper for Dark Souls 2 earlier. She was a good distraction. Tinytoes McStinkybutt.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Night Danger Moose posted:

Had a helper for Dark Souls 2 earlier. She was a good distraction. Tinytoes McStinkybutt.

bellytouchbellytouchbellytouchbellytouch

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sociopastry posted:

bellytouchbellytouchbellytouchbellytouch

YOU DIED.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
There's finally a good reason to go to Reddit. These people have adopted dogs and cats!

Link to one story: http://imgur.com/a/7pTR4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

That little pink tongue :kimchi:

• Locked thread