Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Downloading now thanks

Saving mine for the tourney grand final. Thanks for the free skins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Uhhh... Any idea what happened here? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgiYPUsPNpg

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Elman posted:

The defusing hitboxes are bad. Aim for the torso of a defuser, never the head.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Elman posted:

You lost the round?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

bpower posted:

According to some guy on reddit some of the cheat providers released free demo versions of their cheats in the last few weeks. That explains a lot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2y4hpo/time_for_some_community_action_overwatch_bomb/

This is bullshit I paid good money and now there are free trials??

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

bpower posted:

According to some guy on reddit some of the cheat providers released free demo versions of their cheats in the last few weeks. That explains a lot.

On the bright side, this kind of popularity ought to make the cheats fairly easy to detect, I guess?

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

kcer posted:

This is bullshit I paid good money and now there are free trials??

please direct your complaints to astroman@organner.pl

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tobiwan is going to cast Flipsid3 - HellRaisers in a few minutes, time to pack it up boys, we had a good run.

*edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2w2z6u/tobiwan_requesting_assistance/ lol

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 6, 2015

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
For the other betters in here, what's the best way to offload the endless amounts of junk skins you get with your winnings? I'm talking about like all the 50 cent pieces that are too small to put on your safe bets, but might be too big to throw away on underdog bets. Just unload onto the market? I haven't found it worthwhile trying to trade several smaller worth items for a single larger worth one.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

metallicaeg posted:

For the other betters in here, what's the best way to offload the endless amounts of junk skins you get with your winnings? I'm talking about like all the 50 cent pieces that are too small to put on your safe bets, but might be too big to throw away on underdog bets. Just unload onto the market? I haven't found it worthwhile trying to trade several smaller worth items for a single larger worth one.

I keep my lovely skins to bet on huge underdogs (like 90%-10% matches) on the offchance it'll payoff. I don't think it's worth the effort/time to post them back to the marketplace.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

I'm super lazy and always just use the contract thing in the inventory to trade 10 small into one big skin. You lose money doing this but I don't find it useful to have all the low value skins lying around. The underdog dumpster is always a good choice too.

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 6, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

metallicaeg posted:

I think the obvious answer here is just accumulate them and then start making bigger bets once you have a large enough pool

Or just sell them on the marketplace, you're going to lose a ton of value on trade-ups

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

E: poo poo was fugly

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 6, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Katana Gomai posted:

Tobiwan is going to cast Flipsid3 - HellRaisers in a few minutes, time to pack it up boys, we had a good run.

*edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2w2z6u/tobiwan_requesting_assistance/ lol

I don't particularly Like Tobi as a caster (and not as a person) but I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job than any current one as long as he picks up on the game quickly enough. Casters in go are Low compared to dota and league and starcraft Imo

Maybe because there's simply more to analyze and communicate in those games

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I like that flipside is one of the few strong T side teams. It seems like the culture is to basically struggle out 4-5 on T side for most teams and just hope they struggle less than the other team on CT. Flipside on the other hand can pull out a number of T rounds on almost any map.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
FaceIt is pretty cool. Got an ace in my first match :D

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

I don't particularly Like Tobi as a caster (and not as a person) but I'm pretty sure he'd do a better job than any current one as long as he picks up on the game quickly enough. Casters in go are Low compared to dota and league and starcraft Imo

Maybe because there's simply more to analyze and communicate in those games
Anders and Semmler are the best CSGO casters imo.

The problem with CSGO casters is that they don't know when to shut the gently caress up. Example: KennyS is 2 kills into what will be an ace for him. Meanwhile the caster is saying "my friend my friend" in a paszabiceps impression.

bpower posted:

FaceIt is pretty cool. Got an ace in my first match :D

That's how they hook you.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I think I got lucky with my teammates. They were all nice and friendly. The top fragger on the other team was the quintiestial CSGO rear end in a top hat, twitch.tv tagname and bitching about his "retarded teammates" the whole game.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
WorldEdit just triple deaged Hellraisers. It was loving beautiful.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
WorldEdit :catstare:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fauxshiz posted:

Jesus christ HR is awful

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
WorldEdit is my favorite csgo player name.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Elman posted:

Besides hitbox issues it might have been a latency issue, you hovered here for a bit and then fired as you jerked down immediately, it's possible the bullet decided to shoot right above the guy.. might have hit him if you solidly zoomed right in on his body instead of above him and did a quick drag shot.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 6, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Akumos posted:

Besides hitbox issues it might have been a latency issue, you hovered here for a bit and then fired as you jerked down immediately, it's possible the bullet decided to shoot right above the guy.. might have hit him if you solidly zoomed right in on his body instead of above him and did a quick drag shot.

Wait you understand something other than spraying a p90?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Well apologies to the goonmans I played with for being the shittiest piece of poo poo who ever spent money on this game.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you only started playing recently? CSGO has a really brutal uphill learning curve, so prepare to get fisted quite a few times in goonmans. Just keep playing against better goons and you'll start to see improvement steadily. I would also download the demo of the goonman you were in and look at what you did wrong/could have done better, as well as look at the players who know what they are doing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol if you think that one game was indicative of anything in goonmans

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Turk February posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you only started playing recently? CSGO has a really brutal uphill learning curve, so prepare to get fisted quite a few times in goonmans. Just keep playing against better goons and you'll start to see improvement steadily. I would also download the demo of the goonman you were in and look at what you did wrong/could have done better, as well as look at the players who know what they are doing.

It was less being bad and more me salting out on the last half. 90% of it was just never being able to make a shot before I got killed.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Akumos posted:

Huh. I do have poor ping, but I've never noticed anything like that. The bullet hole seems to be where you'd expect, at least:

I'll just aim for the chest next time :shobon:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

lol if you think that one game was indicative of anything in goonmans

Nah, I've had closer games and done better. But I'm more sorry for (potentially) ruining other people's good times.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Crain posted:

Nah, I've had closer games and done better. But I'm more sorry for (potentially) ruining other people's good times.

im saying that specific game had issues beyond just having new people so don't beat yourself up too hard over it

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Crain posted:

No need to apologize, we all have games like that. Usually if I'm getting frustrated I just step away and do something else after the game.

When you were on there, there were goons with a higher average skill level than normal online, so don't take it too hard.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Thorgot posted:

The defusing hitboxes are bad. Aim for the torso of a defuser, never the head.

Just defusing? Oh you poor child.

(For non spergs, that's not a hit on the hitbox)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

Don't apologize. The first time I goonmanned I went 0-11-0 on Mirage before the server crashed. I still had a good time and so did everyone else. The score is just a number, the game itself is what you need to have fun with.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009
Yeah but if you're flanking someone on the side and you can't even hit them square in the head you don't deserve it :bustem:

I'm entering this gif from a while back into the battle of bomb defuse hitbox videos: http://gfycat.com/FailingGrandBobwhite

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Is MLGoons an actual goon group? If so, props to whoever I 16-0'd Nuke with, that was some good poo poo.

e: Also, how the gently caress is rank-up determined? I've won seven of my last eight and haven't moved an inch.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 7, 2015

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Xenaero posted:

Just defusing? Oh you poor child.

(For non spergs, that's not a hit on the hitbox)

Passes cleanly through nasal cavity, non-fatal. Back to work in two weeks.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
edit: gently caress it i tried to get the gif to play in page but it's terrible. minineo's gif is the best example of hosed up planting hitboxes

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Fauxshiz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgxu6Bjo_c

For anyone that missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

I'm entering this gif from a while back into the battle of bomb defuse hitbox videos: http://gfycat.com/FailingGrandBobwhite

This is fantastic.

• Locked thread