Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if I had gently caress you money I'd buy a SBGE-001 or 011, I like the GMT complication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

qirex posted:

if I had gently caress you money I'd buy a SBGE-001 or 011, I like the GMT complication

the second hand looks like poo poo on both otherwise the 011 is nice

e: alarm hand? the red one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

second time zone

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
if the watch lasts a couple days and costs less than whatever is too much, i will buy a watch

but i fully expect the v2 watch to laugh maniacally as it chews the castrated testicles of the v1

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

does the reverso go counter-clockwise?

as inspired by the original reverso, you would flip the luxe-LCD screen around so it wouldn't get damaged when you play cyber-polo

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/06/sources-offer-hands-on-apple-watch-details-battery-life-unannounced-features-and-more/

other details in the mark gurman report

A designer familiar with the quality of mobile device screens who has used the Apple Watch says that the “screen is the best [smartwatch] screen I have ever seen,” noting that “it’s like vibrant digital paper, and does not look rendered,” with especially “great” black levels.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

unf, almost there posted:

Users can also Force Quit an unstable application by accessing the shut down screen and then quickly pressing the button on the right side.

thank god, i can finally force quit hung apps on my watch

this piece of poo poo's been hung showing a clock since i got it

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 1, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's only $10,000 for a 5 hour battery life. not bad, you can do a lot in 5 hours.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

it's only $10,000 for a 5 hour battery life. not bad, you can do a lot in 5 hours.

at $2k an hour it had better do everything iykwim

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 1, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

H5N1 posted:

hey, what time is it?

time to charge my watch!

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Your timepiece is a piece of poo poo

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

hello OP, me and funhilde just got new iphones 6 for ourselves today. they're pretty good

my 2008 macbook pro is on its last legs so maybe i will tune in for this event and see what the latest is

welp thats my story cya

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

infernal machines posted:

thank god, i can finally force quit hung apps on my watch

this piece of poo poo's been hung showing a clock since i got it

anroid lol!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
after 1:00 pm, don't bother asking any iwatch owner what time it is -- they won't know!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

vanilla slimfast posted:

hello OP, me and funhilde just got new iphones 6

:(

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

vanilla slimfast posted:

hello OP, me and funhilde just got new iphones 6 for ourselves today. they're pretty good

did you get the leather cases for them? they become way way better with the proper  leather cases.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what kind of case should I get for my edition?

I don't want to scratch it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so is this poo poo really called edition? not apple edition or stebe edition just "edition"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its meta or post-sensical or something

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pretentious

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the best part of the apple watch is the nerd rage it generates. I don't even care about the watch, I just want more angry posts about watches. can't wait until Monday!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

its meta or post-sensical or something

if you have to ask you're too unhip for the iwatch anyway

maybe wait until it's mainstream, by the second or third release ok square?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

cremnob posted:

reminder that jony ive said that "switzerland is hosed"

According to a designer who works at Apple, Jonathan Ive, Apple’s design chief, in bragging about how cool he thought the iWatch was shaping up to be, gleefully said Switzerland is in trouble — though he chose a much bolder term for “trouble” to express how he thought the watchmaking nation might be in a tough predicament when Apple’s watch comes out.

reminder that jony ive said "the molecules are closer together in Apple gold"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

reminder that jony ive raped and killed a girl in 1990

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Rahu posted:

reminder that jony ive said "the molecules are closer together in Apple gold"

well they made some new gold alloy for it so hes probably right

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Management posted:

the best part of apple is the nerd rage it generates.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm glad to see the rdf outlived steve

apple has increased the density of gold

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Bobby Digital posted:

The Management posted:
the best part of apple is the nerd rage it generates.

it's fun, but the best part of Apple is the people who work there.

enjoy Monday, everyone :)

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i am so out of touch with 'watch culture' or whatever, i bought a seiko kinetic in 2000 because it looked cool and was like $500 and then years later got a $1k movado sport but man, you guys turned me on to those spring grand seikos and they are some drat fine looking watches. oh i also have a gigantic purple nixon watch that was like $80 to match my purple shoes.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

i'm glad to see the rdf outlived steve

apple has increased the density of gold

this is actually a thing, it's called ion exchange and is used to change the properties of a metal or glass by altering its density and surface tension. it's how gorilla glass is made, for example.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/gorilla-glass2.htm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's really neat

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
He was probably just describing their process for grain size reduction which strengthens metals but using made up terminology

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what if every apple edition watch is put in a specially constructed device and sent to the center of the earth under unimaginable heat and pressure and they're really using a new form of super-gold?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's what stebe would have done

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

it's what stebe would have done

it's what he's doing right now!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

it's fun, but the best part of Apple is the people who work there.

enjoy Monday, everyone :)

:)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Management posted:

the best part of the apple watch is the nerd rage it generates. I don't even care about the watch, I just want more angry posts about watches. can't wait until Monday!

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the best grand seiko is the hi beat.

it owns so hard

• Locked thread