Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Should be 3x.
This makes me wonder how necron will be released.

Edit clearly they can loose infestation bonuses

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Should be 3x.
This makes me wonder how necron will be released.

Edit clearly they can loose infestation bonuses

I'm guessing 'Crons are either the entire next cycle of cards (since I don't think we need another set to give us 7 new warlords, really... but who knows?) OR they're going to put them off until the NEXT deluxe, which sucks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

sicarius posted:

I'm guessing 'Crons are either the entire next cycle of cards (since I don't think we need another set to give us 7 new warlords, really... but who knows?) OR they're going to put them off until the NEXT deluxe, which sucks.

There's no way they're doing anything other than just releasing them as the next Deluxe expansion.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

sicarius posted:

They will 100% be their own deluxe expansion.

And the next cycle will certainly include a bunch of new warlords.

admanb fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 6, 2015

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
We might not see seven Warlords next cycle, but I'm certain there will be at least one per pack.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm confident they'll give every faction a warlord every cycle, they'll just have to make 2 double warlord packs the next cycle and 3 the one after that (or 1 next cycle and 2 the one after if they don't want to give Nids/Necrons a new warlord at the end of their cycles). Once all the factions are released, they can make deluxe expansions give 3 factions a warlord and then stick with 1 warlord per pack.

This has gotten me thinking about what order they're going to give warlords in the next cycle. Will they go with the same order as last time? That'd be pretty disappointing for Eldar/DE fans to have to wait their entire cycle, again, for their shiny new warlord. On the other hand, it'd suck for SM fans who have gone the longest without a new warlord to suddenly have to wait further down the cycle for one.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 6, 2015

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
It's likely we'll see only 1 or even no Warlord per pack (well down the line), especially after we get 3--4 Warlords per faction.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Oh hey, totally forgot that out Conquest store champs are today. Maybe I'll win a deck box, if only eight people show up.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I picked up Zogworts Curse today. I'm loving the Tau ones, I can't wait to toss them into my Shadowsun deck.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Came in eleventh out of eleventh at the store tourney yesterday, but got a playset of Leman Russes, despite that I'll never use them.

Has FFG confirmed if Tyranids will be able to use neutral cards? My pal wants to play nids while avoiding buying three core sets, and since I've bought three it's easy enough for me to give him the spare neutrals along with a token sheet so he can play nids with just the deluxe expansion.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I concur the Necrons have gotta 100% be Deluxe Set 2, and I also doubt that even this second cycle will have one warlord per faction. Look at Netrunner. It gave 1 ID/faction for its first cycle and then went to a pattern of "actually I don't see a pattern here." I bet we'll see warlords printed in packs more often than Runners/Corps, despite warlords needing other cards designed to match, just because this game will someday have 9 factions instead of 7, but I doubt they'll strain to ensure a warlord every pack or a warlord per faction per cycle.

I am really curious about Conquest's popularity and sales and stuff and I know this was just discussed a page or so ago in the thread. Can someone link me the proof that Conquest launched more strongly than Netrunner? I'd like to believe that but Conquest is just piddling around with a share of the all-encompassing LCG thread whereas Netrunner had its own thread from launch, and the CardgameDB scene is a somewhat slow-moving "Asklepios and Killax's Posting Power Hour."

I thought the Nid announcement would light discussions on fire and bring in tons of new eyes but where are they? Do the 'hams in the minis and RPG threads even know Conquest exists?

Also Devlan Mud I do not believe it is known whether or not Nids can use neutrals.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Devlan Mud posted:

Came in eleventh out of eleventh at the store tourney yesterday, but got a playset of Leman Russes, despite that I'll never use them.

Has FFG confirmed if Tyranids will be able to use neutral cards? My pal wants to play nids while avoiding buying three core sets, and since I've bought three it's easy enough for me to give him the spare neutrals along with a token sheet so he can play nids with just the deluxe expansion.

'Nids get zero access to neutrals.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah I concur the Necrons have gotta 100% be Deluxe Set 2, and I also doubt that even this second cycle will have one warlord per faction. Look at Netrunner. It gave 1 ID/faction for its first cycle and then went to a pattern of "actually I don't see a pattern here." I bet we'll see warlords printed in packs more often than Runners/Corps, despite warlords needing other cards designed to match, just because this game will someday have 9 factions instead of 7, but I doubt they'll strain to ensure a warlord every pack or a warlord per faction per cycle.

I am really curious about Conquest's popularity and sales and stuff and I know this was just discussed a page or so ago in the thread. Can someone link me the proof that Conquest launched more strongly than Netrunner? I'd like to believe that but Conquest is just piddling around with a share of the all-encompassing LCG thread whereas Netrunner had its own thread from launch, and the CardgameDB scene is a somewhat slow-moving "Asklepios and Killax's Posting Power Hour."

I thought the Nid announcement would light discussions on fire and bring in tons of new eyes but where are they? Do the 'hams in the minis and RPG threads even know Conquest exists?

Also Devlan Mud I do not believe it is known whether or not Nids can use neutrals.

Aside from anecdotal, "everyone in my store is playing Conquest!" I think the main evidence for Conquest launching stronger is that it immediately got filmed tournament games, its own strategy sites and blogs, a lot of meta discussions, and so on. A lot of that is because the infrastructure was already in place for Netrunner, but I think a big part of it is that Netrunner was FFG's first really successful launch into creating a tournament-quality rules and card set, so people had a lot more faith in them when Conquest launched.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

admanb posted:

'Nids get zero access to neutrals.

Source?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

SuperKlaus posted:

They announced the nids and showed barely a handful of cards. We don't even know their exact allying rules and they're still half a cycle away. There's really nothing to talk about with nids other than "they be coming" and "they get a double command dial and 2 Warlords that's sick".

You can't even speculate about "that one revealed card would go awesome with current card X" because they're Tyranids. If it was Necrons we would at least be trying to fit all the current cards into our hypothetical necron decks.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I didn't see this posted, but the full spoilers for Zogwort's Curse are up: https://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/wh40kconquest/conquest.html/_/warlord-cycle/zogwort-s-curse/

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Derp. Was thinking that was wrapped into their faction restrictions. Disregard.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

I didn't see this posted, but the full spoilers for Zogwort's Curse are up: https://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/wh40kconquest/conquest.html/_/warlord-cycle/zogwort-s-curse/

AM definitely "won" this pack, unless the Zogwort's deck ends up being super good which is always possible. Otherwise, Tense Negotiations is the one card that really stands out.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

DatonKallandor posted:

They announced the nids and showed barely a handful of cards. We don't even know their exact allying rules and they're still half a cycle away. There's really nothing to talk about with nids other than "they be coming" and "they get a double command dial and 2 Warlords that's sick".

You can't even speculate about "that one revealed card would go awesome with current card X" because they're Tyranids. If it was Necrons we would at least be trying to fit all the current cards into our hypothetical necron decks.

Their allying rules are that they don't ally with anybody.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

sirtommygunn posted:

Their allying rules are that they don't ally with anybody.

We don't know how Neutrals work with them.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

DatonKallandor posted:

We don't know how Neutrals work with them.

I really, really doubt they're going to go through all these thematic justifications for why they aren't on the alignment wheel only to turn around and say "yeah the tyranids can just hire a bunch of pirates and rogue traders no problem".

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

sirtommygunn posted:

I really, really doubt they're going to go through all these thematic justifications for why they aren't on the alignment wheel only to turn around and say "yeah the tyranids can just hire a bunch of pirates and rogue traders no problem".

Sure, but we still don't know.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

'Nids with tricorn hats.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
The thing with that is sure the nids shouldn't have Traders and Pirates helping them but they can Fall Back or have No Mercy or the power of Calamities as much as anyone. So maybe all neutrals (the pirates and traders are gene-stolen cult dudes, there, flavor solved), maybe no neutrals, maybe some quirky "no neutral units" rule, who knows.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Now if only Warhammer 40k hadn't so blatantly ripped off StarCraft...

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

sirtommygunn posted:

I suppose you could frame it as the pirates/traders profiteering off the Tyranid invasion in a way that ultimately disrupts the defenders and helps the Tyranid attack? Still a little silly, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PJOmega posted:

Now if only Warhammer 40k hadn't so blatantly ripped off StarCraft...

Infested rules could be cool. Something like a 'nid Warlord with the power that instead of having 4x of one unit only he can use; you can choose any other Warlord's units. Or make that apply to unique units. Or just having his 4 personal guard units(what are we calling these Warlord specific units?) be super weak but can take control of non-vehicle units or something. There's some cool design space there.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

I think that's a Necron thing actually (ugh Nu-Necrons). Dark Eldar have the "steal poo poo from enemy discard pile" angle covered too.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I was thinking, as a neat Genestealers ability: "Interrupt: When this unit leaves play, search the top six cards of your opponent's deck for a unit of cost 3 or lower. Put that unit into play at the same planet and put the remaining cards on the bottom of your opponent's deck in any order."

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 10, 2015

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Tyranid's have genestealer cults, but I think that's the extent of their subtle infestation.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Holy crap is the Dúnedain trait looking awesome.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/12/the-secret-defenders/

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.
Not sure if there are any Bay Area Conquest goons on here, but if so I'm running a tournament on Sunday (March 15th) at Games of Berkeley (2151 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley CA 94704), beginning at 12:00 noon. It should be the first tournament in the area to feature the Spring Kit prizes, with awesome alt art Eldorath Starbane (complete with fancy bloodied side) and Coliseum Fighters, as well as a new playmat. Hope to see some of you there!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Played Conflict at Carrock Nightmare this weekend. We had no trouble on the non-nightmare version with the decks I built, so we decided to give the Nightmare version a whirl.

I think our strategy was one deck using Elrohir and a bunch of gear to endlessly tank trolls, with the other deck using Haldir and some gear to snipe trolls in the engagement area. We also managed our threat with Gandalfs, spirit Glorf, Galadhrim's greeting, and proxies of that new tactics enemy attachment that lowers threat.

We had taken down two of the unique trolls but made a critical mistake in putting steward of gondor on someone other than Elrohir. We drew the treachery with the horse on it that raises your threat by the amount of threat in the staging area, didn't have a Test of Will, and that was a wrap, but if I had 10+ resources stockpiled on Elrohir rather than one of the other characters, he could have held things together for a few more turns.

Seems like we could pull it off if we made a few tweaks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I did my first run at Escape of Dol Goldur yesterday and even playing two-handed I got steamrolled :(

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Rarity posted:

I did my first run at Escape of Dol Goldur yesterday and even playing two-handed I got steamrolled :(

You have been fully initiated, then. Four player makes it significantly easier, but I think 2 player easy/standard is the perfect mix of difficulty and fun.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

Rarity posted:

I just started playing this game, and tried out the first scenario last night using the default mono sphere leadership deck to learn the rules. First card out of the encounter deck was Ungoliant's Spawn who promptly wrecked my poo poo. I felt proud for figuring out a way to down him using Sneak Attack on Gandalf and then ganging all the heroes up on him. Next turn though, I foolishly quested Gloin (who had 1 hp left from defending) and he got killed by that treachery that does 1 damage to all exhausted characters. All downhill from there.

I think the manual needs to strongly warn solo players to not go mono sphere or else revise the difficulty rating up from "1". Frustrating start, but the game is fun.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Failing badly is the best way to learn! It's how I teach Space Alert.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
As long the person doesn't get discouraged and want to stop playing. Since my response is to want to buy a bunch of expansions, I guess it's working as intended.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Met posted:

I just started playing this game, and tried out the first scenario last night using the default mono sphere leadership deck to learn the rules. First card out of the encounter deck was Ungoliant's Spawn who promptly wrecked my poo poo. I felt proud for figuring out a way to down him using Sneak Attack on Gandalf and then ganging all the heroes up on him. Next turn though, I foolishly quested Gloin (who had 1 hp left from defending) and he got killed by that treachery that does 1 damage to all exhausted characters. All downhill from there.

I think the manual needs to strongly warn solo players to not go mono sphere or else revise the difficulty rating up from "1". Frustrating start, but the game is fun.

The first quest is very manageable with mono-sphere (tactics aside), it's just no matter how good your deck is you can still get an unlucky draw that bones you.

(Goddam discard all attachments shadow effect :argh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mr. Met posted:

My advice to you as a new player is that the difficulty ratings on the expansions are exactly like the points on whose line is it anyway: entirely made up and arbitrary. I have occasionally breezed through 7's and been utterly annihilated again and again on a couple of 4's.