Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Boo m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I was watching the footy show last night (please help me) and I noticed they kept running into people with ankle bracelets when they were in western sydney. This did not shock me in the least and one looked like a blurry image of their capos but anyone with enough steroids, a straight razor a bikie tattoist can.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I was watching the footy show last night (please help me) and I noticed they kept running into people with ankle bracelets when they were in western sydney. This did not shock me in the least and one looked like a blurry image of their capos but anyone with enough steroids, a straight razor a bikie tattoist can.

haha

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes, Janko you beaut

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
And Janko scores a strike. Horrible Jest defending there.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

And Janko scores a strike. Horrible Jest defending there.

he did, it was

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
This is off topic but I've wandered into I think a Slovenian rsl of some kind and I don't know what the gently caress. Did we score some soccccers?

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

This is off topic but I've wandered into I think a Slovenian rsl of some kind and I don't know what the gently caress. Did we score some soccccers?

rip your liver, we scored and won against those knuckledragging central coast neanderthals

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Lovely appearance by the rainbow flag in the Sydney end too :smug:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Alex_R posted:

rip your liver, we scored and won against those knuckledragging central coast neanderthals

Fucks them jet mariner carnts

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone this weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week is on early this week with Adelaide United taking on Wellington Phoenix starting at 11pm est, 10pm cst, 8pm pst. I will most likely won't be watching the first half as my local team the Chicago Fire will be taking on the defending MLS Cup champs La Galaxy in the first game of 2015 MLS season tonight a hour before the Adelaide Wellington game. But I should be watching the 2nd half at least.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Sorry to double post but I just check in the game and I see some strips on the pitch, is this a cricket ground they are playing at? Am sure they don't have those at a Rugby grounds and since it's New Zealand they don't play Aussie Rules.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Sorry to double post but I just check in the game and I see some strips on the pitch, is this a cricket ground they are playing at? Am sure they don't have those at a Rugby grounds and since it's New Zealand they don't play Aussie Rules.

Hutt stadium does do cricket but those are covered up advertising logos, most likely from another codes game. Cricket pitches tend to be much larger more to the centre of the field.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

Hutt stadium does do cricket but those are covered up advertising logos, most likely from another codes game. Cricket pitches tend to be much larger more to the centre of the field.

Oh ok thanks, speaking of soccer being played on a place that plays a bat and ball spot one of the newest MLS team NYC FC (Melbourne City FC sister team) is going to be playing at Yankee Stadium. Also gently caress you Villarreal.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Oh ok thanks, speaking of soccer being played on a place that plays a bat and ball spot one of the newest MLS team NYC FC (Melbourne City FC sister team) is going to be playing at Yankee Stadium. Also gently caress you Villarreal.

I wouldn't think a baseball stadium would be a particularly good place to watch soccer at, suffering from a large distance from the pitch (much like cricket grounds here)? Or do they bias the pitch to one end?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MiniSune posted:

I wouldn't think a baseball stadium would be a particularly good place to watch soccer at, suffering from a large distance from the pitch (much like cricket grounds here)? Or do they bias the pitch to one end?

When they had a soccer game with Roma and Warsaw at my local ball park Wrigley Field they had the pitch from home plate to left field (up and down the baseball diamond) and brought in bleachers on the field which they used to do when the Bears played American football there years ago. When they last had a soccer game at Yankee Stadium they set up the pitch from 3rd base to 1st base (left to right on the diamond) and brought in no bleachers to be place in the outfield. It didn't look good on TV but it might be ok in person, they suppose to be playing there until they built a place of their own somewhere in New York City.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Speaking of grounds that have more than one code, does anyone else find it a little bit obnoxious when there's a football match on and it's obvious from the pitch that its been used for a different code a couple of days prior? Do other codes really need those big logos on the field and do people really need to be reminded of the code they're watching?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Looks like the Phoenix are fully sick

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Gonna lol so much when they qualify for the ACL and the AFC chuck a shitfit

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Sort of wonder if the AFC would demand that they include New Zealanders in the 3 foreign non-Asian players limit if they did qualify.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Mustafa posted:

Speaking of grounds that have more than one code, does anyone else find it a little bit obnoxious when there's a football match on and it's obvious from the pitch that its been used for a different code a couple of days prior? Do other codes really need those big logos on the field and do people really need to be reminded of the code they're watching?

It's more advertising on the field than actual code emblems. I don't think FIFA allows it, but the other codes are fine. Cricket also do it as well.

Edit: What, Perth are leading? What strange voodoo is this.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 7, 2015

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Lol Peter Storrie is an associate director at CCM. Mariners prepare to get hosed out of all your money (if you have any)

inafoxhole
Mar 29, 2010
Interesting chat re: the colour strips; someone actually burnt a cock and a balls into the grass at one end, and then they had to make it so both sides of the field were even.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
aaaaaahhhh it's the tetris band again

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Alex_R posted:

aaaaaahhhh it's the tetris band again

Never enough.

Was actually the same effort today just we took our chance and city is poo poo. The top six is but a dream.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

city is poo poo

this is true

MiniSune posted:

The top six is but a dream.

this is also true

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Add to byolante'a south of the tweed conspiracy.txt that the ref takes the whistle out of his mouth when Brisbane get the ball then puts it back in when WSW get the ball.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
You legend Borrello

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Add to byolante'a south of the tweed conspiracy.txt that the ref takes the whistle out of his mouth when Brisbane get the ball then puts it back in when WSW get the ball.

does this mean that the ref is biased towards teams north of the tweed? i'm not complaining when it comes to those wsw cunts though

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
also the tweed river has lots of bull sharks in it

makes u think

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
How would a Japanese ref have such an intimate knowledge of Aussie geography

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Mustafa posted:

Global Conspiracy against QLD.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mustafa posted:

Before the game Frank comes into the refs dressing room and says try to make the team in red and black win

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mustafa posted:

they are a very studious people

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
My thoughts on the game is that Tony Popovic is a media supported fraud and that La Rocca is a shithouse. Also Polenz should stop trying to cross because he is poo poo at it, the one time he tried cutting inside to put on a short pass borello got the goal.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Mustafa posted:

Gonna lol so much when they qualify for the ACL and the AFC chuck a shitfit

They can't, it's come up before when they nearly did in 09-10.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
What's the point then? Do they get to play in any continental tournaments?

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Nup hence Auckland City (worlds third best football team FYI) go to the CWC

Supposedly the argument from us is a) it's an extra market that can support a team in a league that doesn't have that many and b) a commitment that was made the NZFA when we hosed off to Asia.

There is a worry that the AFC might get nasty one day and make the FFA dump them hence why Welly have a 5 year license whilst everyone else has 20.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wastemen shitney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

ronniegardocki posted:

wastemen shitney

wait never mind