Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Yeah the 125k exp for the mission this weekend is going to be really easy to get. I'm 3 wins in and already more than 10% of the way there. One of the wins was pretty ugly.

Anyone know if the On Track exp bonus contributes to the exp total for the weekend mission? I bet it does. I have a bunch of tanks that qualify for the On Track 1.25x bonus. :getin:

Gonna get me a T14. That's probably the least lovely reward tank, right? I don't have any of the reward tanks, so I can't get gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

demonR6 posted:

Forums are experiencing issues right now.

loving Rossmum stop DDOSing the AW forums.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Reporting Rossmum.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
So I got some trash talk from a "former" bot that decided to start playing his tanks once he hit tier ten. Sorry bud, you can't show up with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter then be sad and claim you're a champ.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

You know, I really expected the LeoPTA to be absolutely horrible, but it's actually pretty good despite having characteristics that I typically consider to be absolutely worthless (no armor and really subpar gun depression). I mean, any medium tank reliable enough to let you sneak behind enemy lines, kill their arty and then finish off the survivors is pretty decent imho.

(click pic for replay)

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
With the improvements on the MT-25, I really wish they had given it a better gun. To at least it bring it inline with other similar tier tanks. The autocannon is kinda funny though.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Agrajag posted:

I want the AMX 30 prototype turret and the AMX 30B gun. I guarantee the AMX 30B turret is going to be a giant pile of trash with the tumour.

You mean other than it's otherwise 100% pennable turret and hull? Fact is the people that will be wasting time aiming at the tumor will be total loving morons when they can be filling their reticle with a 100% chance to hit, 100% chance to pen shot.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't really looked at the AMX 30 can someone tell me how this is better (or not) than the Leopard 1.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I like how this game has reduced to T10 Commy Mediums: endless T-54 clones, Otherwise: endless Leo 1 clones.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Overwined posted:

I like how this game has reduced to T10 Commy Mediums: endless T-54 clones, Otherwise: endless Leo 1 clones.

Welcome to early cold war tanks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Overwined posted:

You mean other than it's otherwise 100% pennable turret and hull? Fact is the people that will be wasting time aiming at the tumor will be total loving morons when they can be filling their reticle with a 100% chance to hit, 100% chance to pen shot.

If you don't understand how that tumour would be hell in hull down positions then I don't know what to say. It will literally appear before any part of your tank.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Who the gently caress said this Awful Panther was good I will find them and hurt them. I could be playing the loving Bulldog at this tier :negative:

Curse you Luchs for bringing me down this path, I hope the RU is worth it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

maev posted:

Who the gently caress said this Awful Panther was good I will find them and hurt them. I could be playing the loving Bulldog at this tier :negative:

Curse you Luchs for bringing me down this path, I hope the RU is worth it.

I just bought it tonight to work on getting a Ru251, and that convert XP button is really tempting. Same with jumping to the LTTB, but I think the MT-25 and I can work something out. It at least feels like a T-50-2 enough that I can amuse myself playing Tony Hawk's Pro Tanker.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

With the improvements on the MT-25, I really wish they had given it a better gun. To at least it bring it inline with other similar tier tanks. The autocannon is kinda funny though.

The BAPBABAP gun is not "kinda funny". It's hilarious. Get behind some poor Super P or T28 or waffle and BAPBAPBAP 1200 damage thanks mate.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hellsau posted:

hahahahaha oh man I accidentally struck pubbie gold. First, a replay:

Long story short snapshot constantly. After the match, I got messaged by someone who typed like a child. He was basically unintelligible. It took me a while to catch what his point was (I must use Warpack since I hit shots!) but after I figured that out, he took the bait.

I just noticed he signed his first message :kimchi: I can't even read this I'm way too tired and he types way too poorly.

VETS...who were STABBED IN THE BACK!! Just like in 1918.

Seriously I was just reading along until I go to the word VETS and then I knew it was going to be gold.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

nm

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Overwined posted:

The turret is already near auto-bounce angles, and it's thick enough that you need 160mm shells to overmatch. The tumor is bad. Still, Leopards are point and click pens, whereas you have to try to aim with the 30b

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
It's not going to be as bad as the Type 61. gently caress that tank, powergrinding that tank and the missions were the one-two punch to kill the game for me.

Type 61 has a larger tumour with a weaker turret and really, really lovely camo. The tumour acts more as a dinner bell than an actual weak point though, it gets spotted first and everyone know to shoot in that direction in two seconds to autopen your turret. The 30B has a shorter tumour with a turret which might be deceptively bouncy. It should also have respectable, even if below average, camo that the 61 doesn't have.

The 61 was also particularly insulting because the accuracy was poo poo so after being penned in the turret twice your shell would miss. 30B has better gun handling, aim time, and matches everything but the waffle for accuracy. Without more final stats it's hard to say, but I might actually come back and grind it out, and get a girl crew for it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I dedicate this video to Hellsau.
Never stop snapshotting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCjc1a-AbKs

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha holy poo poo I was in that battle, I remember the T-34-3 you nuked at the beginning saying he was going to stop playing for the day.

(I'm the 13 75 that crosses your view right at the start.)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Agrajag posted:

Anyone else have access to the Armored Warfare forums?
Not me for a couple days yet, no. I also ate a 3 day ban for "insults and trolling".
Yeah, God forbid trying to express some concern over giving moderating rights to a guy whose opinion boils down to "Freedom of speech is good unless it applies to someone I personally find unpleasant". :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Never stop snapshotting.

Literally never aim. Nice mods btw isu.

That shot on the M44 is beautiful.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
:siren: HILARITY ALERT :siren:

For "Testing the physics in extreme conditions", they've turned the T1 Cunningham into a super rocket sled that goes 90 kmph with insane acceleration and has thousands of hitpoints. It's absolutely loving hysterical. Like, I smashed into some guy's front from the side and left him spinning like in a drat Warner Bros cartoon.

What I'm sayin here is :getin:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nordick posted:

:siren: HILARITY ALERT :siren:

For "Testing the physics in extreme conditions", they've turned the T1 Cunningham into a super rocket sled that goes 90 kmph with insane acceleration and has thousands of hitpoints. It's absolutely loving hysterical. Like, I smashed into some guy's front from the side and left him spinning like in a drat Warner Bros cartoon.

What I'm sayin here is :getin:

Do you have a video?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So what do you guys think about this?

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/03/reload-timer-mod-is-legal-on-us-server.html

I knew of the reload timer mod, but I've never seen that shadow one before. And they're apparently both legal on NA at the moment? Who's got links? Hell, they'll probably show up in OMC ModPack now because of this.

Prav posted:

If we've successfully identified a bunch of tanks as too bad, why not just buff them instead?

That could work too, although probably better for some tanks than others. It'd be easy to buff the RoF/DPM on something like the Valentine, which otherwise has a decent gun and armor. For other tanks, it would be more difficult to do if buffing them required making it less historically accurate, like adding a gun or finding a "new" higher-pen shell. The 13 75, for example: they'd have to over-buff pretty much everything about it, OR add a "new" gun between the 75 & 90 mm ones. AMX M4 45: add more armor? T28 Proto: Uh, add a newly discovered 2000 hp engine and increase the top speed?

xthetenth posted:

Hey atomizer, you might want to make sure that Lenovo doesn't have superfish on it.

Yeah, I thought about this too but mine is a couple years old, and Superfish was installed on machines within the last year or so (I can't find the exact time frame at the moment.)

Agrajag posted:

He always streamed at an ungodly early time.

He works 3rd shift (America TZ.)

Hellsau posted:

I just noticed he signed his first message :kimchi: I can't even read this I'm way too tired and he types way too poorly.

To be fair, your playing style is unbeatable. :3:

Also, U R 2 Kewl 4 me. Does ne1 else think so 2? ~Atomizer

Uranium 235 posted:

Here's a good example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEuBscLbASs

He really lets them have it:

"stupis fing tushers"

"you fing weak fuc ups learn how to play it and stop wasting the teams time"

He complains that some people tell him to uninstall the game, but he says he's not going to do that. He loves the game, he loves World of Tanks. Some people pay for the game to get special shells. The problem is stupid people waste their time, not taking the game seriously. He encourages more people to take the game seriously and to not waste other people's time by playing poorly.

He obviously not a bright guy. He's a terrible player. His videos are awful, so awful that they become good. Something about him is endearing, at least to me. I enjoy watching his videos despite how bad they are. I check in on his channel from time to time to see if he's uploaded anything new.

mankindontario06, you are my favorite pubbie.

edit: please don't troll the guy's youtube channel, I want him to post videos forever

edit2: his video about the "great rip off of chips" is really great, too. don't buy great value salt and vinegar chips from wall-mart!!! mankindontario06 is the bearded guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usIWJoD4wjw

He's just so sincere that it's endearing.

I like how he's complaining about terrible players in a tier 3 match.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
I did a thing then made a video.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1682121#hidden_village-mikemelbrooks-m18_hellcat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUrecfreLtk

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Cardiac posted:

Never stop snapshotting.

That was a good one. But why is the video in 20fps?

srb
Jul 24, 2007
AMX M4 doesn't really need more armour, the armour level is fine. What it needs is its full depression to the sides and a HP buff.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Wasn't there supposed to be an option to retrain my radioman to be a gunner? Or is that in a future patch?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Tahirovic posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be an option to retrain my radioman to be a gunner? Or is that in a future patch?

Rightclick crewman, Personal File, and on the main screen where it lists his rank and qualification there's a CHANGE button under qualification.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Wargaming documentary about the last German armoured offensive near Lake Balaton. Has English subtitles Uses World of Tanks to show the tank battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hn4bdvvqk

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

WitchFetish posted:

Do you have a video?
Well, here's a little something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqwGjPM8ioo

Just a captured replay with the more boring parts edited out. My own contribution isn't spectacular, sadly. Best bit is at the very end from about 3:00 onwards.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 7, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Atomizer posted:

So what do you guys think about this?

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/03/reload-timer-mod-is-legal-on-us-server.html

I knew of the reload timer mod, but I've never seen that shadow one before. And they're apparently both legal on NA at the moment? Who's got links? Hell, they'll probably show up in OMC ModPack now because of this.

That link I posted in the other thread has a bunch of them.. for educational purposes of course.

There is silhouettes always on which is the shadow they refer to.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 7, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Valle posted:

Rightclick crewman, Personal File, and on the main screen where it lists his rank and qualification there's a CHANGE button under qualification.

HOLY CRAP

A use for all of these useless radio operators!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nordick posted:

Well, here's a little something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqwGjPM8ioo

Just a captured replay with the more boring parts edited out. My own contribution isn't spectacular, sadly. Best bit is at the very end from about 3:00 onwards.

Beautiful.

So the new motion physics are still planned for 9.7, right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

West spawn on Windstorm in my T34, head north, and before I've even reached the normal crossfire point where lights can spot and shoot you 3 squares away there's already a 50b in the north corner, feeding me an entire clip.

Thanks for your well thought out matchmaker Wargaming :thumbsup:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

So the new motion physics are still planned for 9.7, right?

It was never planned for 9.7, it's coming some time this year. Probably. It's not even feature complete yet; apparently tank collisions need more work. Right now they're pretty comical since you bounce off of each other like the tanks were rubber.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Tried a half dozen games to get the LT/SPG pair up mission, and gently caress it. Its bad enough I have to platoon, why do I have to pair up with spgs and hope the RNG works for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

:staredog: Nice one dude...