Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pretty much have all the Combiner Wars I want right now. Maybe I should just buy Motormaster so that I can have a Menasor.

I'm pretty happy with most of these guys. Dead End and Skydive have some weak joints on mine, though. Skydive cannot hold up his handfoot gun because of his elbows, and in arm mode his Superion elbow also cannot hold up Superion's gun. Dead End's handfoot is too loose in his robot fists, but I can plug it on his back. His robot legs also have difficulty tabbing together for his arm mode. For these reasosn, I'm prefer using them as legs for the combiners.

Does anyone else find that Dead End and Breakdown kinda wide? It seems that, as legs, they were designed with Menasor's huge thigh gap in mind. As arms, they look kinda short and dumpy. Breakdowns gunblade makes a good machete/off-hand weapon for Superion or Menasor, though.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

That could be the case, unless they make more voyagers, leaders, and Legends that we have not seen yet.

Which would be weird considering that their previous statements on Deluxes and Voyagers indicate that we've seen everything. The only size class they didn't give a solid number on (I think) is Leader, but at this point we're at five Leaders for 2015 if you count Armada Megatron as his own figure (and I think Hasbro does). I'd be surprised if there was anything else in the Leader pipeline other than a Skywarp.

Also based on what Rhyno said earlier, I would bet Wave 5 is the Wave 1 figures re-released with the comic book packaging.

quote:

I really want G1 Megatron and Magnus, I hope Thundercracker doesn't wind up causing a discontinuation of one of the figures.

Why would you ever think that's a possibility? IDW Megatron is out at retail already, even. The Magnus mold is already made. They're not going to cancel a Leader figure completely because a remold of a previous year's figure shelfwarms, that's way too much cost to eat. At worst it would maybe cause the cancellation of Starscream.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got Maketoys Nemesis in the other day and boy I'm not feeling it at all. The cape is cool but it is not a $150 toy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Why would you ever think that's a possibility? IDW Megatron is out at retail already, even. The Magnus mold is already made. They're not going to cancel a Leader figure completely because a remold of a previous year's figure shelfwarms, that's way too much cost to eat. At worst it would maybe cause the cancellation of Starscream.

I have not seen any leaders at all in my neck of the woods. I fear that I might miss it and they'll order the later waves instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Also based on what Rhyno said earlier, I would bet Wave 5 is the Wave 1 figures re-released with the comic book packaging.

Whenever someone says "based on what Rhyno said" i expect them to have something terrible to say about me. I need to spend less time on the internet.

BBTS is pretty excellent, I canceled my Huffer and Blackjack I had in my Pile of Loot, they gave me store credit which I can apply to the 3P Lone Wolf guy in April, order Huffer and Blackjack from Amazon and they'll be here on the 10th. Oh and Motormaster is back up to $50 already. Pretty nuts.

Real Talk, who's getting Leader Thundercracker? I kind of want him but would probably rather get Starscream when he inevitably comes out.

Oh and as for the second half of 2015, Devastator will fill at least 3 months by himself. Speaking of, any word on what stores will carry him? I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be available through all channels and I can score him via Diamond.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have not seen any leaders at all in my neck of the woods. I fear that I might miss it and they'll order the later waves instead.

Magnus comes after Thundercracker, so skipping the next Leader wave would only get you to him faster. Leader Jetfire was plentiful and cheap on Amazon after a month or two, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rhyno posted:

Real Talk, who's getting Leader Thundercracker? I kind of want him but would probably rather get Starscream when he inevitably comes out.

Oh and as for the second half of 2015, Devastator will fill at least 3 months by himself. Speaking of, any word on what stores will carry him? I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be available through all channels and I can score him via Diamond.

I'll probably get Thundercracker. He's my favorite of the three original Seekers and I like the idea of huge properly jet-sized Seekers to go with the Deluxe CHUG guys. I just hope they get to Skywarp.

Devastator is not an exclusive at all, so I assume he'll be available through all the usual channels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

I'll probably get Thundercracker. He's my favorite of the three original Seekers and I like the idea of huge properly jet-sized Seekers to go with the Deluxe CHUG guys. I just hope they get to Skywarp.

Devastator is not an exclusive at all, so I assume he'll be available through all the usual channels.

Other than his awesome new direction in the comics I have no real connection to him. I'm down to just needing one Classics mold Seeker and I'll have the full army (unless they did a Sunstorm I don't know about). Now if they figured out how to retool the mold into a conehead configuration I'd buy them all without a second thought.

And I really hope Devvy is sold through Diamond for totally selfish reasons. Getting TFs for cost + freight is pretty awesome.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If they're doing leader Starscream and Skywarp, I want a Thundercracker just to have Leader sized versions of the '84 decepticons.

I mean I already have Deluxe Thunder Cracker, GDO Legends Thundercracker, Generations Legends Thunder Cracker, FOC Deluxe Thundercracker.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Other than his awesome new direction in the comics I have no real connection to him.

He wasn't a particularly compelling character in G1. I just like blue. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

He wasn't a particularly compelling character in G1. I just like blue. :shrug:

Acceptable reason.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
we need a Generations leader sized Soundwave since we're apparently getting Tape guys as full sized Legends now.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Too cool. How the hell do I get to be the guy who turns a sketch into an assembly model? I literally spent 7 hours today and all ive got to show for it is a leg that collapses into itself. That's what happens when you don't have an alt mode in mind.

Also I will totally buy Thundercracker if I see it on shelves, and it's not tons more than I got Jetfire for. I love that mold.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Diet Poison posted:

Too cool. How the hell do I get to be the guy who turns a sketch into an assembly model? I literally spent 7 hours today and all ive got to show for it is a leg that collapses into itself. That's what happens when you don't have an alt mode in mind.

Also I will totally buy Thundercracker if I see it on shelves, and it's not tons more than I got Jetfire for. I love that mold.

You usually do all 3d models on paper before you model them.

That's why all the programs have an image plane feature.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I really liked Jetfire, but I'm finding it hard to justify double-dipping (or triple dipping if we get Starscream with a crown) for that mold, just due to dwindling spare funds to buy everything.

Though, if I did get Thundercracker, I'd totally want to get a little dog figure to ride in the cockpit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I know not everybody is as nutty for KOs as I am (I might be the only one who is) but has anyone else seen these?

Hugemongous KOs of numerous film figures. When transformed they are 19 freaking inches tall. There's a Prime, Starscream, Ironhide and AOE Grimlock. They run about $75 a pop on Sirtoys and I want ALL OF THEM.

Edit: Ironhide

More for scale

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 7, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That Ironhide is pretty great all painted up like that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
for 75 bucks I wouldn't consider it.

75 bucks is like 4/5ths of a combiner

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My monthly expenses are about to nosedive so I figure I could buy one a month all summer and have them all shipped at once.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hey, neat, Motormaster and Blackjack have shipped from Hasbro already.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I gotta say, just with the wave 1 figures, Hasbro really nailed it with Combiner Wars. I got a full Superion (sans Air Raid), as well as Optimus Prime, and they're just so fun. I like posing stuff and having them on a shelf, but more often than not, I just find myself messing with figures, just sort of absent-mindedly transforming them back and forth while watching tv or something. Superion himself is fun to just mess around with, and then the individual Aerialbots are just really simple, but satisfying to have in any of their modes, Dragstrip and Alpha Bravo especially.

Not an especially big fan of Ultra Prime though. Maybe it'll work better with Motormaster and a full set of Stunticons, but I dunno, the legs just don't work as well for me compared to Silverbolt. They feel like they are just a little too loose for a combiner (though that could very well just be my figure) as far as moving the hips backwards and forwards, and I'm not a huge fan of that really wide-legged stance. Still, it's a nice beefy figure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I remember when 60 dollars used to get you two leader class figures. Because they were just 10 dollars more than Voyagers.

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPENSIVE?????

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

So I know not everybody is as nutty for KOs as I am (I might be the only one who is)

You are not the only one and yes those totally rule. If I wasn't in the middle of selling 4/5th of my collection I would have caved by now.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Transformers Humble Bundle 2

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

would i need to pay $16.35 to be brought up to speed or no? Everything I have seen from Roberts with the toy comics and posted on here make me want to read them.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

OptimusShr posted:

would i need to pay $16.35 to be brought up to speed or no? Everything I have seen from Roberts with the toy comics and posted on here make me want to read them.

Technically all you need is More Than Meets The Eye, which is name-your-price, but $16.35 for both series in their entirety is a crazy good deal. RiD is not as good as MTMTE, but it's still well worth reading.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

My Arcee/Chromia/Windblade arrived yesterday, my first TF purchase since Super Fire Convoy 15 years ago. As soon as I opened up that BBTS box I thought "I shouldn't open these, I should keep them sealed and pristine."

My second thought was "I need more."

Is this my fate as a manchild with disposable income? :negative:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Guzwar posted:

My Arcee/Chromia/Windblade arrived yesterday, my first TF purchase since Super Fire Convoy 15 years ago. As soon as I opened up that BBTS box I thought "I shouldn't open these, I should keep them sealed and pristine."

Fire Convoy Bros :respek:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Guzwar posted:

As soon as I opened up that BBTS box I thought "I shouldn't open these, I should keep them sealed and pristine."

No. Bad. BAD. *rubs your nose in a pile of sealed Episode 1 action figures*

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
What are the retail prices of the Combiner war figures? Like the body and the limbs? Don't want to get ripped off on amazon.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Comfortador posted:

What are the retail prices of the Combiner war figures? Like the body and the limbs? Don't want to get ripped off on amazon.

The general price for a deluxe limb is about $15, the voyager torsos are about $25, although I've seen Toys R Us trying to sell voyagers for like, $35 (AoE voyagers!).

The smaller legends class dudes are about $10. Leader figures are about $45.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

Got Maketoys Nemesis in the other day and boy I'm not feeling it at all. The cape is cool but it is not a $150 toy.

All toy capes suck, except for one that was linked in this thread I think (some chogokin figure maybe? it was some kind of fat robot with a really smooth cape with an armature inside so you could pose the folds and of course it was expensive as all gently caress). The only other choices are a plastic fixed cape like MP starscream's or flimsy cloth capes and they all suck since they won't flow like a real-sized one.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Guzwar posted:

Let them out of their plastic and cardboard prisons and play with them, YOU MONSTER!

Important Fire Convoy question: Red or banana flavour?

Edit:

Blackheart posted:

All toy capes suck, except for one that was linked in this thread I think (some chogokin figure maybe? it was some kind of fat robot with a really smooth cape with an armature inside so you could pose the folds and of course it was expensive as all gently caress). The only other choices are a plastic fixed cape like MP starscream's or flimsy cloth capes and they all suck since they won't flow like a real-sized one.

Yeah, toy capes are bitch. Molded is the only thing feasible to really look decent. I bet you could get an approximation with a heavier cloth and and weighting it with lead shot or similar. No normal priced toy is gonna do that and third part would get crazy expensive if it even worked.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 7, 2015

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Are Alternators not worth anything on the secondary market anymore? I'm unloading a bunch of them on eBay and they nobody is really bidding on them. If anybody is interested, the auctions end tomorrow: http://www.ebay.com/sch/beerstapsandmore/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Blackheart posted:

Sen-Ti-Nel's Black Getter

Edit: and it was $90 when new. Much more now.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah! Now THAT's a sweet-rear end robot cape.

Speaking of fire convoy, I wonder if Hotspot's mold is ever getting repainted into that... it makes too much sense so we probably won't see it from, say, TFCC.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

All proposals for a new Fire Convoy that DON'T accommodate all of the original's transformation gimmicks are blasphemous.

I'd settle for nothing less than two new Voyager figures that combine into Omega Prime and where Optimus has both of principal his robot modes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why do that when the original is already pretty much perfect? (some weaker joints on Omega Prime notwithstanding). A figure that homages it would be just fine. Plus it would have a new gimmick instead, becoming a Torso.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Why do that when the original is already pretty much perfect? (some weaker joints on Omega Prime notwithstanding). A figure that homages it would be just fine. Plus it would have a new gimmick instead, becoming a Torso.

The original lacks thigh swivels and the shoulder outward motion is extremely limited due to the ratcheting, mainly. I love him to bits (and REALLY NEED A MAGNUS TO GO WITH HIM) but he's kinda flawed from a 2015 perspective.

And I don't want a "new gimmick" Fire Convoy. A "new gimmick" fire convoy would push back the MP Omega Prime I'm holding out for.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Oddly it's the one thing that is keeping me from outright getting rid of him (I still think I will though). I think the crumpled up cloth cape with the chains works for the character, unfortunately he's just dwarfed by my entire collection and feels like a $75 toy not $165 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

And I don't want a "new gimmick" Fire Convoy. A "new gimmick" fire convoy would push back the MP Omega Prime I'm holding out for.

Yeah just like Leader Magnus made MP Magnus impossible.