Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Brave Fencer Musashi might be in a weird place in the US, since it was published by Square Electronic Arts, rather than just Square. Not sure what all games that particular joint venture published besides that, though, or if any of them are on PSN.

Giant Bomb (not necessarily a reliable source but it's what I could find) says they published a lot of big name titles, such as FFVIII-X, Threads of Fate, Parasite Eve, and Front Mission 3 among a few others.

Even ignoring the Final Fantasy games, Front Mission 3, Threads of Fate and Parasite Eve were all released on PSN. It definitely isn't the publisher thing holding Brave Fencer Musashi back, so I don't know what is, I just know it irritates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Giant Bomb (not necessarily a reliable source but it's what I could find) says they published a lot of big name titles, such as FFVIII-X, Threads of Fate, Parasite Eve, and Front Mission 3 among a few others.

Even ignoring the Final Fantasy games, Front Mission 3, Threads of Fate and Parasite Eve were all released on PSN. It definitely isn't the publisher thing holding Brave Fencer Musashi back, so I don't know what is, I just know it irritates me.

Ah, well then. No idea what would be holding it back either. Might be anything from a source code issue, to not seeing it as worth it since the sequel sold like rear end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BFM is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFqXd3tRiik

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

A first look at Mevius Final Fantasy for mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIswTUQHrk

Game is giving me Lightning Returns vibes.

Looks fun. If they ever release it on PS4 or PC I will buy it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

billy cuts posted:

Here's the link to the survey -- http://t.co/X38kOFmngc

Why didn't the "Do you watch esports" question have these options:

- Yes
- No
- loving lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

billy cuts posted:

Which is your favorite FINAL FANTASY game of all time?

oh no

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Theatrhythm keeps adding new songs. I hadn't played it in months but I just checked and there's practically the entire Bravely Default soundtrack, Vama Alla Flamenco (FINALLY) and a ton of other cool poo poo. Even some music from Nier!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

forbidden lesbian posted:

oh no

Whichever, it's the worst

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MonsieurChoc posted:

A game about the 12 legendary heroes (with the 12 legendary weapons) fighting Enuo? Or a game about the Dawn Warriors' epic road trip to defeat Exdeath the first time?

The latter, but I'd take both, honestly.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Einhander on PSN and a sequel on PS4/Vita pleeeease.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I geared the survey towards Drakengard to gently caress with them

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

billy cuts posted:

That is a terribly written survey that will almost certainly yield lead to users interpreting the questions in ways that weren't intended. Do they actually want to know what game I am currently playing or are they trying to figure out which games from the list I enjoy and have played, because I've completed several. I used to play Chrono Trigger but not anymore since they haven't released a game in the series for 15 years, but if they want to put a new one out on something other than mobile that would probably change. I got a question asking which Kingdom Hearts games were my favorite and the list included the HD collections.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If it were up to me, I'd have them approach other game companies about making Theatrhythm games for different franchises and/or licensing their code. Imagine Threatrhythm games for Mega Man, Castlevania, or Legend of Zelda.

Also, it's probably the one franchise they should actually put more mobile focus on. They just released the first one on iOS and then kinda ignored it, right? I get there's problems with it (kinda needs a stylus to be effective, need headphones for public places, downloads are gonna be huge due to the music content), but otherwise it's perfect for a mobile platform and is actually suited to the advantages of mobile (only needs touch screen controls, built for quick gameplay bursts).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it is kind of insane that there's no Nintendo rhythm game (I guess there was Mario DDR that one time)

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
"What game do you really want to be seen made?"
Drakengard 4.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah it is kind of insane that there's no Nintendo rhythm game (I guess there was Mario DDR that one time)

Other than Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan, Rhythm Heaven, and Donkey Konga.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Other than Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan, Rhythm Heaven, and Donkey Konga.

I mean a rhythm game with Nintendo music. Even Donkey Konga was all licensed tracks I think

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
That question was hard for me, because there are so many things I want to see from S-E but I'm afraid to ask for any of them for fear of what they might produce.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Donkey Konga and its sequel were a mix of licensed tracks and Nintendo tracks. Of course, not many people played either game because of the bongos and all.

I'd love a general Nintendo Theatrhythm game, or for specific franchises like Zelda and Mother/Earthbound.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
"What else do you want us to know?"

Bring back Taro Yoko.

Also remake FF9.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Kortel posted:

"What game do you really want to be seen made?"
Drakengard 4.
Anything else you want us to know?

"Taro Yoko is God"

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I asked for more Itadaki Street, because no-one else will.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I asked for more World Ends With You and intentionally ticked that I played every single FF except for 13-2 and LR (it's true)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It's me.

I'm the one who asked for Star Ocean 5.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLEkN20DLfA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh no

I didn't get this question

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I asked for more World Ends With You and intentionally ticked that I played every single FF except for 13-2 and LR (it's true)

I asked them to make whatever they wanted as long as it's not an FFVII remake.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I asked for more World Ends With You

Same but then in the additional notes section I said "Just give control of one major franchise to the team that made Drakengard 1 and 3. Just let them make a spin off final Fantasy. Don't stop them no matter what they ask for or write. Just let it happen." Dream big.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I too wish for a Final Fantasy as good as Deadly Premonition

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish that any of the Drakengard games had been as good as Deadly Premonition.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xavier434 posted:

Looks fun. If they ever release it on PS4 or PC I will buy it.

Looks like it borrows heavily from Lightning Returns; the way the spells are cast, the enemy models, and I'm pretty sure I saw a stagger break.

To me this is a good thing, although I wonder how the schema shift or something like it would be implemented.

oh no

That's a loaded question. I put VII :colbert:

I was also able to check every single box on the which final fantasies have you played question. As I sign of my age I played the first one, on release, on a Nintendo I talked my mom into buying even though we were horribly poor. I found out much, much later that it was worth a weeks' pay for what she was making at the time. I treat my mom real nice at Christmas.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
I put Tactics as my favorite when they asked, but I really do hate that question. Every game has its little qualities that make it stand out to me, and while I definitely have preferences they're far too vague to sort into a binary "favorite/not-favorite" or "like/dislike" system.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I put chrono trigger because it's true.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Finally I can join my buddies in XV :unsmith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

finally i can sleep in a tent with my favourite JRPG boyband and do each others hair

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Couple sites have been getting the FFXV demo. Also, some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNa_qSH9TQ

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Skeezy posted:

Finally I can join my buddies in XV :unsmith:

No, no, it's the conceptual you. Like, "the fifth warrior of light... YOU!" kind, not like actually in the game :smith:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The White Dragon posted:

No, no, it's the conceptual you. Like, "the fifth warrior of light... YOU!" kind, not like actually in the game :smith:

So they're ripping off Earthbound?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
God Blitzball is dull as hell in X-2 and really irritating. I raise one stat, another goes down. I raise that stat, and yet another goes down. How the hell am I supposed to get my guys able to do anything useful? Why did they get rid of the perfectly fine leveling system from X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Yeah I know :smith: