Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This was the first Saturday Morning Scrublords I've watched, based on comments in this thread. I really dig the opening as a sequel to the Friday night fisticuffs opening. Top work, zaibatsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is a weird place to ask, but Bio-Freak reminded me of a game I played 15 years ago, it was a fighter where you played as action figures in mundane locations (kitchen tables, bedrooms) and while fighting you could punch out limbs and the head and stuff and it was really silly. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I could not understand that guy from Team Four Star at all in the Xenoverse episode.

That aside bit bummed. Xenoverse is a pretty fun game when you get the controls down v:v:v

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Xenoverse is way better than the guys gave it credit for. It's basically Dragon Ball x Monster Hunter.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I always thought the best friends hated DBZ, so I would never expect them to like Xenoverse no matter how good it is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If there's one thing a DBZ game doesn't need it's Monhun RNG bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't imagine Monhun having as bad RNG as xenoverse. It is possibly the worst ever, because of how many layers of RNG it is to get one single item.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm convinced people who think Mon Hun doesn't have as bad as a RNG if not worst has never played up to G rank or arguably the tail end of high rank

20-30 minute elder dragon fights for a chance to drop a item, usually needing 7-10 attempts for one drop (when you need like 3 or 4) is so much loving worse then anything Xenoverse could ever do.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Monster Hunter is basically the best Skinner Box in video games really. Best as in most successful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Monhun's RNG is significantly worse, but the fact that Xenoverse has an RNG to decide if you actually get the chance to get hosed by the RNG is insanely stupid.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's definitely too far the other way, but I'm kinda glad it has replay value since the last DBZ game I played, BT3, had none at all.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Monhun's RNG is significantly worse, but the fact that Xenoverse has an RNG to decide if you actually get the chance to get hosed by the RNG is insanely stupid.

I think it speaks to the quality of Xenoverse that it can have that admittedly bad thing and yet still be a great game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think it speaks to the quality of Xenoverse that it can have that admittedly bad thing and yet still be a great game.

It still shouldn't have the bad thing in it though.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
stop saying monhun

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Matt: I'm enjoying the Bond reviews so far, especially since I didn't play any of them past the mediocre Tomorrow Never Dies on PSX/PS1.

"YEAH, THAT MAKES SENSE!"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TriffTshngo posted:

stop saying monhun

Matthun

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Liam-kun

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

chala pat chala

Xenoverse is fun. Monhun is a dumb abbreviation. Diablo 2 is the best skinner box.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I always thought the best friends hated DBZ, so I would never expect them to like Xenoverse no matter how good it is.

If that's the case they sure do know a whole lot about a thing they don't like. Like I don't care about Dragonball so all I know is that Freiza poo poo and that it would come on after Sailor Moon on Saturdays on local tv. Yes it's me, I am the Toriyama of us.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well they're friends with Takahata who's basically known for DBZ Abridged, unless they just really, really like his short G Gundam career.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

HGH posted:

This is a weird place to ask, but Bio-Freak reminded me of a game I played 15 years ago, it was a fighter where you played as action figures in mundane locations (kitchen tables, bedrooms) and while fighting you could punch out limbs and the head and stuff and it was really silly. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Maybe the Small Soldiers movie tie in game?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They...didn't seem that negative? Like, they made fun of the game, ya know, like they do with every game. By that logic they also seemed to really hate RE4 and Silent Hill I guess.

Also yea, I like Xenoverse but an RNG to decide if you even get a chance for the RNG you want is dumb and bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They...didn't seem that negative? Like, they made fun of the game, ya know, like they do with every game. By that logic they also seemed to really hate RE4 and Silent Hill I guess.

Maybe someone that isn't as familiar would take the dead pose at the end as a negative instead of a positive that Yamcha's death pose is its own "greeting."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tae posted:

Well they're friends with Takahata who's basically known for DBZ Abridged, unless they just really, really like his short G Gundam career.

If they DIDN'T like G Gundam, they're even more wrong :colbert:

For those that don't know, G Gundam was essentially a Gundam series if they intentionally made everything ridiculous.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One Punch Man is getting a anime

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If they DIDN'T like G Gundam, they're even more wrong :colbert:

For those that don't know, G Gundam was essentially a Gundam series if they intentionally made everything ridiculous.

I mean the G Gundam abridged series. Takahta didn't actually dub G Gundam.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well, I didn't know they done G Gundam Abridged. I've got something to watch tomorrow!

Yesssss :dance:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yesssssss :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There is approximately zero chance that the animation does justice to Murata's art.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Cautiously optimistic. Last time something Murata drew got adapted, it was Eyeshield 21, and that anime was painfully terrible looking.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Andrast posted:

There is approximately zero chance that the animation does justice to Murata's art.

I seriously hope the animation is amazing at every point except Saitama. It's only right.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Maybe the Small Soldiers movie tie in game?

Nope, doesn't ring any bells, thanks for trying. If it helps, it didn't have any weaponry or special stuff, just pure fighting with punches and kicks. It's probably some bland nameless PC game really.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Andrast posted:

They should probably just gif up the manga art and use that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was talking to some friends and was just about to leave pax when I turned around and spotted a familiar skullcap and dreads hunched over a table. Woolie and Matt were exhausted, sorry if I was bothering you guys when I said hello!

Dunno what it is about pax that just exhausts you in every way, but even not doing much except seeing panels and playing a shitload of 8 player smash I am tuckered out myself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, Barry and Natalia are just kicking rear end as a team. This RE game seems super promising even if they are trying to pull a Last of Us, but at least they do it in a way that's just RE style fun.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yikes, that xenoverse video

but hey RER2 continues to be surprisingly good! I know Pat hates co-oping but we need more of this on the channel

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Haha I just looked at the comments on the Xenoverse video :suicide:

Even Plague's gettin in on it

Kinda.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
yeah I love the beef being brought up from team fourstar, looking forward to the next vid of the final showdown if there is one!

also Plague is huge into YouTube commenting, he especially hates the redletter medias 'previously recorded' vids, there's several of their videos where he's the top commenter blasting their opinions on videogames.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought the Xenoverse vid was funny. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rodyle posted:

I thought the Xenoverse vid was funny. :v:

I died laughing at the entire popo sequence.