Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

ullerrm posted:

At one point, suicide ganking people in a noob corp would tank your standing with the associated race. :(

And your security status was your faction standing with CONCORD. Yeah, that one had to get patched out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Voyager I posted:

I'm actually serious, what good reason is there to go into Minmatar hisec? It doesn't have Jita, it doesn't Amarr, I don't think it's on the route between the two of them, and I don't think it borders any interesting space.

I guess I dipped in briefly to pick up an NPC order for Minmatar Dreadnaughts?

Fuel Block BPOs are the main thing. Also, T2 projectile books.

fyi standings fuckery is why alts exist, don't stress out too much about standings

also don't go to highsec at all in general

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Unless you're in Miniluv.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Glory of Arioch posted:

put local on delayed mode in nullsec but make constellation immediate mode

Put local on delayed mode for people that don't own the sov.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Azuth0667 posted:

there is no way this is happening but it is still awesome :haw:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

This would be a real kickass way to give a benefit to a sov holder.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

vyst posted:

This would be a real kickass way to give a benefit to a sov holder.

It actually makes sense too, even from an RP perspective. Whoever owns the system should definitely be able to see who enters before a hostile sees who's already there. It isn't super game changing due to dscan and sending scouts in ahead of time but would be a nice perk for home defense.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

I said come in! posted:

Well you do have 20 pages worth of posts in this thread. But you haven't been playing? :confused:

He's like a regressing junkie at a methadone clinic.

The rest of us are sleeping in our own poo poo doing blow jobs for a hit

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 7, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

:vince:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He's like a regressing junkie at a methadone clinic.

At least we aren't quitters.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
A thread in which we post suggestions on how to boost ratting income.

Edit:

100% boost to rat bounties when you have sov.
No local unless you have sov.
-50% shield/armor hitpoints if you don't have sov.
POS make fuel blocks via photosynthesis.
100% boost to faction spawn rate.

Seems fair.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 7, 2015

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

DiggityDoink posted:

It isn't super game changing

yes, it is.

Kevii
Oct 29, 2014
About how long does it take to be able to pay your own subscription in game without much effort? Multiple accounts anyone ?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ItBurns posted:

A thread in which we post suggestions on how to boost ratting income.

Edit:

100% boost to rat bounties when you have sov.
No local unless you have sov.
-50% shield/armor hitpoints if you don't have sov.
POS make fuel blocks via photosynthesis.
100% boost to faction spawn rate.

Seems fair.

Point on the doll where the sov structure touched you

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

At one point, suicide ganking people in a noob corp would tank your standing with the associated race. :(

How on earth did that even get removed? It's a terrible feature to be sure but in the Eve political climate I'm surprised that CCP would remove something like that. Suicide gankers is a pretty small lobby compared to the hordes of high sec bears.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kevii posted:

About how long does it take to be able to pay your own subscription in game without much effort? Multiple accounts anyone ?

Not long if you scam pubbies.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Master Bateman posted:

Not long if you scam pubbies.

A little awkward these days when the marks just jump into KarmaFleet instead and then post in their own Marque and Reprisal thread.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

A little awkward these days when the marks just jump into KarmaFleet instead and then post in their own Marque and Reprisal thread.

Has this actually happened. Please tell me this has happened.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Has this actually happened. Please tell me this has happened.

This has indeed happened.

If you have access to the goon forums you can read it here.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 7, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

darth cookie posted:

This has indeed happened.

If you have access to the goon forums you can read it here.

"this was a pretty elaborate way to get 250m from me,played along to see the new scams"
"just thought id donate to goons a bit"

The whole bingo card. Both horizontal and vertical :eng99:

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
The funniest part to me is that the CFC and GSF in particular have developed a rep as such a nice place to live that people we've stolen space money from trip over themselves to get inside the tent.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kalenn Istarion posted:

to get inside the tent.

:gooncamp:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
What if having sov gave you some rats that defended your structures, so having higher sov meant better auto defenders. This way you could troll cepter only basically unused sov.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Can we kick karma fleet now? TIA

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

pubbies :allears:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2y7f43/you_lose_your_ship_when_you_duel/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kevii posted:

If you are a super casual with not a lot of time to play, but you can somehow come up with 50 million isk a day (this is very easy) then you are good for one account each month.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Kevii posted:

Scam. Literally the easiest way to make money in this game, can pay your account for years if you get a big haul - i'm still living off my riches, and the last time I scammed was two years ago.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm planning on taking the plunge into EVE. Do you recommend I get the premium package?

Also, are the add-ons worth it for a new player?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dear nerds,

I'm going out of the country on vacation for a week starting like right now. Ivana Twinkle is filling in for me until I get back. Bother him with your stupid bullshit. o7m8 l8r

Yours in Christ,

Vyst

That should be enough triggers for deadtear

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm planning on taking the plunge into EVE. Do you recommend I get the premium package?

Also, are the add-ons worth it for a new player?

Just get the standard edition on Steam.

vyst posted:

Dear nerds,

I'm going out of the country on vacation for a week starting like right now. Ivana Twinkle is filling in for me until I get back. Bother him with your stupid bullshit. o7m8 l8r

Yours in Christ,

Vyst

That should be enough triggers for deadtear

Anarchy in goonswarm begins now. Sell off all goon space and shoot all blues.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

"Friendly" and "duel" , very intelligent.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I said come in! posted:

Just get the standard edition on Steam.

Or better yet, don't get it on Steam, since that just creates another needless layer of complication and account management confusion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tippis posted:

Or better yet, don't get it on Steam, since that just creates another needless layer of complication and account management confusion.

That's true. Yeah don't get it on Steam. First things first, go here; https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=b1e5c39a-13ac-401f-be44-7fdc6a56255c&action=buddy get a trial, they are 30 days.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I said come in! posted:

That's true. Yeah don't get it on Steam. First things first, go here; https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=b1e5c39a-13ac-401f-be44-7fdc6a56255c&action=buddy get a trial, they are 30 days.

If you get it through a referral link, make sure the guy who refers you give you the plex they get for referring you.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
Sooo... did anyone listen to Fozzie on that interview? He said there's no need to examine incentives to live in null, because ratters bring in a lot of money.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Tippis posted:

Yet true don't use Steam as it will make everything harder since there is one layer more. If i remember correctly there were even some problems with banning from steam affecting the eve player as well.

Question: since we had the sov dev blog, are they going to announce some more change at the fanfest or are they basically done with it?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mitsuo posted:

Sooo... did anyone listen to Fozzie on that interview? He said there's no need to examine incentives to live in null, because ratters bring in a lot of money.

Thats what happens when you look at charts and graphs from inside a bubble.

CCP status: still clueless

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Supposedly somewhere in the latest eve down under thing they had CCP fozzie and sov stuff was talked about along with super caps and what they want to do with them. (Hint: its nerf them into the ground) https://soundcloud.com/eve-down-under/eve-down-under-episode-97-060315

Granted, this comes from EVE news 24 ( http://evenews24.com/2015/03/07/eve-2-0-an-economy-of-violence/ ) and they didn't mention where in the 1 hour and 20 minutes that CCP fozzie is on the show that the discussion is located and I can't find it while skipping around and don't want to listen to an hour and a half of staticy Australian nerds talking about spaceships.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 7, 2015

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Hexel posted:

Thats what happens when you look at charts and graphs from inside a bubble.

CCP status: still clueless

Fozzie inside a bubble? :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Mitsuo posted:

Oh my sweet jesus they really are that stupid at CCP HQ

:negative:

• Locked thread