Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I REALLY like Ghost Anafenza. Maybe not in current standard, but may be a post-rotation sleeper hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cernunnos posted:

I think it may be in reference to the old Anafenza maybe? So far she's the only previous Khan to have Flavor Text so it's difficult to say what they were going for.

Also Narset is ruining my plans to collect all the Khans and Dragonlords on the cheap. :argh:

Planeswalkers are almost never 4 ofs now, so it will eventually drop. Price memory is going to hold hard because of all the people buying in playsets of these at $40+ though so you might have to wait awhile.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So how likely is there to be a Monastery Mentor deck coming up after the new set?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

TheKingofSprings posted:

So how likely is there to be a Monastery Mentor deck coming up after the new set?

I haven't seen anything spoiled so far that necessarily makes Mentor better.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Bugsy posted:

Your spoiler review gimmick loving sucks.

I dunno, it'll do well in my stupid gimmick EDH deck.

Also Anafenza works really really well with Dash. RW aggro?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Ramos posted:

That's a hell of a land draw.

That's a land on each of the first three turns, a rarity? :v:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I dunno, it'll do well in my stupid gimmick EDH deck.

Also Anafenza works really really well with Dash. RW aggro?

Not Really - you're likely going to be dashing something that gets bolstered, losing the counter when it leaves. The temp boost is OK I guess but the point of counters is to have them stick around.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

qbert posted:

I haven't seen anything spoiled so far that necessarily makes Mentor better.

Impulse and Narset are the biggest things to drop for Mentor.

Dragon Fodder is good too because it makes Stoke more palatable, but it helps Rabblemaster just as much if not more.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

bhsman posted:

That's a land on each of the first three turns, a rarity? :v:

Nah, that was my bad. I thought you wanted to follow a WW with Anafenza the Foremost.

Also, wee, cheating. See if you can catch what happened.

During Thoughtseize, Roby put his Hero's Downfall perfectly underneath another card, keeping his opponent from seeing it and having him discard it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Wow, G/W Devotion mirror is the most miserable matchup ever. 51 life is funny, though.

Edit: Jesus please tell me one of these guys plays Nylea in their deck.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

this will go great in my Ur-Dragon edh deck

(No seriously, it pretty much will.)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

This will really help me maximize the amount of times the word dragon appears on my EDH decks!

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

qbert posted:

Wow, G/W Devotion mirror is the most miserable matchup ever. 51 life is funny, though.

Edit: Jesus please tell me one of these guys plays Nylea in their deck.

"Settle down with a bag of Doritos, Mountain Dew, and a dream theater cd" - Patrick Sullivan on the Gw mirror

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Dehtraen posted:

"Settle down with a bag of Doritos, Mountain Dew, and a dream theater cd" - Patrick Sullivan on the Gw mirror

At least this one will end with a time call and not go on to like a 1 hour game 1 unlike the last time he had to sit through Whisperwood + Mastery. :v:

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Their info bar needs a library count thing so we know how far we are from someone decking.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Holy poo poo Sam Black at 190 life and his turn hasn't ended yet.

Edit: 222 now. This is like watching the stock market.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ramos posted:

Nah, that was my bad. I thought you wanted to follow a WW with Anafenza the Foremost.

Also, wee, cheating. See if you can catch what happened.

During Thoughtseize, Roby put his Hero's Downfall perfectly underneath another card, keeping his opponent from seeing it and having him discard it.

Wow that's super scummy. I only saw it when he played the land next turn and fanned his hand with the Downfall.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Wow that's super scummy. I only saw it when he played the land next turn and fanned his hand with the Downfall.

I only really caught it by counting the cards in his hand. He even instantly plays the land he ripped off the top instead of trying to hide that maybe he had ripped the downfall.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Will Sam crack 500 life before decking? Fingers crossed...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wonder if there will be a cycle of Dragonlord's Uncommon printed at Rare? Dragonlord's Doomblade! Dragonlord's Threaten! Dragonlord's Sylvan Scrying!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Great Standard, everyone.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

NWO, everyone!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Does somebody have a link for this deck?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Remember when lifegain was considered a waste of time?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Chamale posted:

Remember when lifegain was considered a waste of time?

I dunno, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of time being wasted right now.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

vOv posted:

Does somebody have a link for this deck?

No, because it's only Round 5 of the GP and decks won't get posted until Top 8 tomorrow.

Although if you want to know Sam's deck literally just replay this game because he's revealed every card. Last turn he Genesis Hydra-ed revealing every card still in his library.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

qbert posted:

No, because it's only Round 5 of the GP and decks won't get posted until Top 8 tomorrow.

Although if you want to know Sam's deck literally just replay this game because he's revealed every card. Last turn he Genesis Hydra-ed revealing every card still in his library.

Sam Black wrote an article on gw devotion recently, but I don't have scg premium. I assume it's a similar list.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/30402_GW-Devotion-In-Standard.html

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Chamale posted:

Remember how lifegain is still considered a waste of time?

Fixed, and yes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I actually think Sam is going to lose to decking because I can't see him dealing 300 damage over 5 turns without Polukranos getting in.

Edit: Actually Sam could bounce both G. Hydras, then replay them both as 50/50's. That might work.

qbert fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 7, 2015

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Instead we'll end at a 0-0-1 Draw.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

qbert posted:

If we ever get enough quality cards to make White Weenie good again, this will be a staple in it.

I could see a legitimate aggro deck in GW with ghost waifu and that weenie search card. The lack of anthems might be a problem though.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 7, 2015

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
From like fifteen pages back, but is Silumgar's Command the first time wizards have printed a spell that interacts with your opponent's lands in ages? (not counting lovely overcosted land destruction)

card seems real good to me, seems to almost always represent a 2-for-1

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
They're going to ban Mastery of the Unseen for the same reason they banned Eggs, 5 extra turns that take 30 minutes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

A big flaming stink posted:

From like fifteen pages back, but is Silumgar's Command the first time wizards have printed a spell that interacts with your opponent's lands in ages? (not counting lovely overcosted land destruction)

card seems real good to me, seems to almost always represent a 2-for-1

Sure, but the only non-conditional mode, land bouncing, is probably going to be mostly irrelevant a lot of the time (in long games), making it more of a 1.5 or 1 for 1 in those situations. It's also fairly expensive. But I'd think it's powerful and versatile enough to see play. (Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking about)

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
"Oh, there's a judge call, well thank god for that"

-Cedric Phillips, enjoying G/W devotion mirror

Rinkles posted:

Sure, but the only non-conditional mode, land bouncing, is probably going to be mostly irrelevant a lot of the time (in long games), making it more of a 1.5 or 1 for 1 in those situations. It's also fairly expensive. But I'd think it's powerful and versatile enough to see play. (Of course, I don't really know what I'm talking about)

I think bounce a land is important because you'll almost always be able to use it - all the other modes can be turned off, and you have to choose two. Without that mode, a planeswalker on an empty board and empty stack would be able to dodge Silumgar's command.

Devor fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 7, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Well SCG learned their lesson about what matchups to feature for the rest of the tournament.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Cedric is so done with the idea of G/W Devotion, and I can't blame him in the slightest. This is absolutely loving hilarious, but it will only be so once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

"Well, Sam was able to deal about -50 points of damage."

• Locked thread