Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Those fish are evolving to adapt to their surroundings right in front of our eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Are we supposed to dislike this chap? How are we supposed to dislike Wallace of W&G?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Semi-political Ruben Bolling is still better than 90% of this thread's cartoonists.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Those fish are evolving to adapt to their surroundings right in front of our eyes.

... by ripping off their own legs. Is that REALLY the metaphor you want to choose for attaining "enlightenment," Dan?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

vyelkin posted:

Semi-political Ruben Bolling is still better than 90% of this thread's cartoonists.

Here's the recent Monty vs. Dick Cheney arc in its entirety as well.

HUG THIS!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

bartlebyshop posted:

Personally, I like looking up the bizarre pop culture stories of ages past. A joke about rattlesnakes in mailboxes really opened my eyes to a long saga of amazing "WTF" reading.

Who else grew up watching the Simpsons and wondering who the hell "Ray Jay Johnson" was? A couple of years ago, I finally looked it up on youtube. This guy was popular?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

A song happened last year.

Ague Proof posted:

This guy is stuck in the past. Frozen was released last year.

You guys are doing this on purpose.

Anyway.

Lay off, Let it Go is a difficult song to parody, it must have taken him since late 2013 to come up with those Lyrics.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

WarpedNaba posted:

Are we supposed to dislike this chap? How are we supposed to dislike Wallace of W&G?

Miliband looks silly eating a banana and is therefore unfit for public office.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 7, 2015

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

This is a relatively straightforward post of brit-toons, which means two out of five (Telegraph and Times) are somewhat comprehensible to an outsider, instead of the usual 1 (or 0) out of five.

I'm not sure if there was ever a detailed post on this topic, but I'm genuinely curious: WHY are Brit-toons in general so loving abstruse? As far as I can tell, it's a unique phenomenon, and it isn't limited to Rowson, although he is, as usual, the worst offender (I skimmed the accompanying article, and his cartoon is still impenetrable non-sequitur). There are plenty of cartoons posted from countries other than the U.S., sometimes not in English, yet the basic meaning (if not the nuance or context) is typically easy to grasp. Louije isn't like that. Clovis isn't like that. JJ McCullough isn't like that. Latuff, Van Dam, those portuguese cartoons that get posted sometimes, none of them are so incestuously self-referential that you need to have been reading them for years to divine the work's basic meaning. It's like if Marvel Comics did political cartoons.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Internet Webguy posted:

It was made into a movie too and the "No more wire hangers!" scene is pretty famous.

Just in case anyone here hasn't seen any media that wasn't released during the period they were in school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUkE9qaVgmo

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

No Glenn, taxation is different from a systemic abuse of police powers to generate revenue.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Literally "I don't understand science therefore pee pee doo doo."

Also it's amazing that my lovely community college has access to that :siren: TOP SECRET :siren: EPA science.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Ague Proof posted:

Miliband looks silly eating a banana and is therefore unfit for public office.

You're thinking of his brother, David.

Ed has trouble with bacon sandwiches.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'll admit I started skimming, but I didn't get the political reference of the Hulk cartoon series.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Subjunctive posted:

I'll admit I started skimming, but I didn't get the political reference of the Hulk cartoon series.
Dick Cheney is in it. I assume these cartoons are ten years old.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't make many absolute pronouncements, but anyone who doesn't like Wallace of W&G is a bad person through and through.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

God actually gained his powers by singing a song similar to Let it Go and building the Universe to escape to. He left his little brother, Satan, behind.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait, is it God's word that is frozen and unchanging like ice, or man's word? I'm so confused now.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, is it God's word that is frozen and unchanging like ice, or man's word? I'm so confused now.

Ice does melt. I'd imagine the sun is God's word (which, granted, does change, but at a much slower rate).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

Ice does melt. I'd imagine the sun is God's word (which, granted, does change, but at a much slower rate).
For some reason this looked like it was happening in the Arctic to me.

Unless you're talking about global warming in which case whoa.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

I think the message is that he's trying to act like William Wallace but he comes across like Wallace who looks like a styoopit muppet.

I don't know who Grommit represents but he has a recognizable haircut of some time and isn't happy to be saddled with Wallace.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Let the record show that I have no intention of doing a Let It Go parody regardless of how easy I could make it about pants.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samurai Sanders posted:

God's word is apparently that fish levitate above the snow.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

God's word is apparently that fish levitate above the snow.

If God says ice is denser than water, who am I to argue??

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rorus Raz posted:

Let the record show that I have no intention of doing a Let It Go parody regardless of how easy I could make it about pants.

You're just irritated that you didn't think of it before, aren't you.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Rorus Raz posted:

Why do you so cruelly tease us, Rorus.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Fish are the highest form of life; more evolved than animals with legs: A Bob Cartoon.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh, I see, now that you're e-famous you're too good for "Let It Go" parodies about pants donkey. You've changed, man; the money has corrupted you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Subjunctive posted:

Would you prefer all of the Mike Du Jour trannytoons then?

Prime Lester!

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Rorus Raz posted:

Let them go
Let them go
Won't hold them up anymore
Lookin' like
A drat fool
With my pants upon the floor
And I don't care
What the wingnuts say
Let the mess rage on
Something something PPACA

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Now that we know Hillary hid public information on her own private server, will her past scandals come back to haunt her? Maybe not.

Lois Lerner “lost” thousands of IRS emails when a server “crashed” and had to be put down. She seems to be weathering the storm so far.

EPA administrator Lisa Jackson kept a secret email account under the name Richard Windsor. Mr. Windsor won an award and now has a cushy job at Apple.

LOL.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

If this is about overdone targets, you could do one on the trolls. Or the cut song We Know Better.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm relieved to hear that, but I'm a bit upset that you joined Jeb Bush's campaign staff.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bushs-paleo-problem-eat-pizza-pizza-ranch/story?id=29455583

quote:

In Iowa this weekend, everyone will be listening closely to what comes out of Jeb Bush’s mouth, but they should also be paying attention to what he puts in it.

Last month, Bush revealed he follows the Paleo diet -- a strict regimen of eating only what our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate: vegetables, meats, seafood, fruits and nuts.

“Continue to pray that I stick on this Paleo diet where my pants fall down,” Bush told donors in Tallahassee in February. “Perpetually starving to death apparently is the source of losing weight.”

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Seriously, they're really going with "cattle futures" as part Hillary's "scandals".:what:

You know, it doesn't even surprise me anymore, I look forward to hearing all about Vince Foster and Chappaquiddick in the next 10 years.

the floor is baklava
May 4, 2003

SHAME

Tobermory posted:

Mommie Dearest was a memoir written by the adopted daughter of Joan Crawford. It made lots of allegations of abuse and insanity. One of the more infamous scenes in the book involved Joan flipping her poo poo about wire clothes hangers. That's the entire joke.

Also that book was published in 1978, so it's pretty clear who his target audience is.

37 years seems like a long time until you've lived that long.

The more I know about generations that saw the Watergate, the Vietnam war or WWII, the humbler I become. One should respect one's elders as long as they're not doddering racist mummies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Bicyclops posted:

I'm relieved to hear that, but I'm a bit upset that you joined Jeb Bush's campaign staff.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeb-bushs-paleo-problem-eat-pizza-pizza-ranch/story?id=29455583

Why does he express shock that eating less is how you lose weight?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Never has religion been more boring than when seen through the eyes of a genocidal maniac.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

duz posted:

Why does he express shock that eating less is how you lose weight?

I'm pretty sure that's an attempt at an endearing "Gosh, it turns out the way to get muscles is exercisin'! Who knew?" kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pththya-lyi posted:

I remember that: Sam was used as bait to distract the agents while Zed worked his "magic." The difference here is that Zed involved his wife in his plan the first time, but this time the women don't seem to have been informed of the danger.
:nws: They know :nws:

The work-safe version would essentially be a big black rectangle.

• Locked thread