Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Hey.

Hey.

What kind of dragon makes the best gravy?

Au-jus-tai.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

JerryLee posted:

Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to place the onus on the owner of the hand to make sure all their cards are properly revealed? Like, if you put it down initially and one card is covered up, that's a dexterity error, but when you don't look at it and go, "oh hey, I should make sure it's obvious that I have a Hero's Downfall there," that's where the dishonesty comes in.

You could easily get an opponent DQ'd by sneaking an extra card into his hand.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
With everything being "Dagrons! Dagrons everywhere!!!!!!! :byodood:", can we see some use for Fearsome Awakening? Jund Drago-Dredge with Neo-Kolaghan? Lots of self-mill, and suddently, a hasty flying 8/7 on turn 4. Plus, it allows you to bone mid-range decks that like running 4-ofs.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Serperoth posted:

I could see a big effect like "Instants and sorceries you cast have rebound", but that would have to be prohibitively expensive to be printable.

So Cast through time?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Kenji is 9-0, with 1 more match to go in the Limited Championships. Pretty sure that means he's a lock for Top 8. No spoilers, it's on a 10-min delay!

http://www.twitch.tv/numotthenummy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Late, but I really want to run Ghost Anafenza in the bad Modern Soldiers deck I want to build.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
So what did the score end up being on the G/W devotion mirror match from hell? Please let it be 0-0-1

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There was a guy at my LGS last night who was super hyped to play Esper Control once Dragons released. I don't see how that deck's gonna work. Everything in every color is double-color symbol spells and there's only one untapped land that gives all your colors (for life-payment) and no tri-land at all.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 8, 2015

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Devor posted:

They're going to ban Mastery of the Unseen for the same reason they banned Eggs, 5 extra turns that take 30 minutes.

They just have to wait for Nykthos to leave.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

First Bass posted:

So what did the score end up being on the G/W devotion mirror match from hell? Please let it be 0-0-1

Sam Black is on camera again and his record is 5-0-2

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

Its one of those rare cards that gets worse when you read the large amount of text. 4 CMC is probably just too much for a Prowess -deck card that doesn't trigger Prowess itself. That slot is probably gonna be taken by Ojutai's Command or Narset Transcendent.
Yeah it does actually remind me of reading ice age cards.

And yeah also I realize now that Taigam is pretty much a lock: Narset and Sarkhan won't be in seeded packs, and right now it looks like you get the dragonlord as your 1 of 8 mythic, the command, the megamorph cycle, the ex-khans, the regent cycle, the intro pack rare cycle and which ever random left overs there are. Last time they had a random 'off color rare with mechanic' cycle I think. So I can't see them breaking that one up.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

You could easily get an opponent DQ'd by sneaking an extra card into his hand.

Uh, and when he instantly notices and calls a judge on you? How the hell do you think this would work? Where are you sneaking the card from?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Uh, and when he instantly notices and calls a judge on you? How the hell do you think this would work? Where are you sneaking the card from?

:thejoke:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

"What's this behind your ear?"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am not going to help you cheat, have some integrity mr. mephistopheles.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

First Bass posted:

Anyone have these lists?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

I am not going to help you cheat, have some integrity mr. mephistopheles.

Pleeeease?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Also wtf at that Thoughtseize cheat being labeled a mistake. How blatant do you need to be.

Well a disqualification is a pretty serious penalty to give (harshest thing outside of straight up ban) so I can understand the hesitation to do it. Its not indisputable there was malicious intent, especially since his opponent could have looked through the cards himself.

The only things that are going to result in a DQ every time are being physically violent with someone, and flipping a coin to decide a match (lol)

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

A big flaming stink posted:

The only things that are going to result in a DQ every time are being physically violent with someone, and flipping a coin to decide a match (lol)

Or, like I mentioned a few weeks back, calling someone a jew for calling a judge about them wanting to take a play back at a pptq. That same guy got a game loss at fnm the week after I posted that for calling his opponent fat. He says he should be allowed to say what he wants because he's autistic and can't help it!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Hey.

Hey.

What kind of dragon makes the best gravy?

Au-jus-tai.

This joke goes great in my Laffy Taffy edh deck.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm watching the replay, and is it just me, or is the commentary way better this GP?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

7thBatallion posted:

This joke goes great in my Laffy Taffy edh deck.

This meme goes great with my kicking rad link.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dude just wants to tell us what is going be sweet in his 138 EDH decks and posting like every single other EDH player, what's wrong with that?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Entropic posted:

I'm watching the replay, and is it just me, or is the commentary way better this GP?

Do you mean "SCG's commentary is better than Wizards' commentary" or do you mean "the commentary on this SCG hosted GP is better than their previous GP" (Orlando I think?)?

The former is because Wizards' commentators are (mostly) just bad, and the latter may have to do with the format they're commentating on. Standard is kinda Cedric and Patrick's deal at this point so they know its in and outs pretty well but Orlando was a Limited GP.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Dude just wants to tell us what is going be sweet in his 138 EDH decks and posting like every single other EDH player, what's wrong with that?

:regd08:

(seriously, joke has gotten old)

Cernunnos posted:

Do you mean "SCG's commentary is better than Wizards' commentary" or do you mean "the commentary on this SCG hosted GP is better than their previous GP" (Orlando I think?)?

The former is because Wizards' commentators are just bad, and the latter may have to do with the format they're commentating on. Standard is kinda Cedric and Patrick's deal at this point so they know its in and outs pretty well but Orlando was a Limited GP.

I've been enjoying the commentary for the Liverpool at least; much like Miami, it helps to actually have good players(Simon Goertzen) commentating.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 8, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I wish every deck was GW Devotion. That match was beautiful to watch.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Spiderdrake posted:

This is indeed true and it is not at all a overdone nonjoke like many others here at somethingawful dot com.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Deofuta posted:

This is indeed true and it is not at all a overdone nonjoke like many others here at somethingawful dot com.
I was being sarcastic and don't tell me you can't detect sarcasm when you're being sarcastic yourself!

Need a gainsay emote.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Shortest Path posted:

I wish every deck was GW Devotion. That match was beautiful to watch.

I was actually impressed that Majors kept his cool and held on for a draw instead of conceding after watching Sam Black be Sam Black for 45 minutes

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Reprint at Rare :getin:

Though I could probably see a "Instants and Sorceries you cast this turn have rebound" spell for 3 or 4 mana.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Spiderdrake posted:

Shut up, more important business at hand

If anyone was wondering, name translates to "Anafenza, Spirit of the Kin-Tree" and the flavor text is "They tortured her for honoring her ancestors; now she walks among them."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

legoman727 posted:

If anyone was wondering, name translates to "Anafenza, Spirit of the Kin-Tree" and the flavor text is "They tortured her for honoring her ancestors; now she walks among them."

Real upbeat flavor there.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Dromaka don't gently caress with necromancy.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GonSmithe posted:

Dromaka don't gently caress with necromancy.

But torture is alright. Very white/green, very close-knit community very unified in one cause.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Count Bleck posted:

But torture is alright. Very white/green, very close-knit community very unified in one cause.

Being pointlessly assholish is white's part of the color pie, see heliod, elesh norn, every white character who isn't a planeswalker card

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Count Bleck posted:

Magic: the Gathering: Megathread: We tortured some folks

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

UberJew posted:

Being pointlessly assholish is white's part of the color pie, see heliod, elesh norn, every white character who isn't a planeswalker card

I dunno, Isamaru seemed like a pretty chill dude :woof:

His master was a dickhole though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

UberJew posted:

Usually the G/W are less of douchebags, but I guess Tarkir's Dragons are Different™!

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Usually the G/W are less of douchebags, but I guess Tarkir's Dragons are Different™!

I mean the Selesnyans were kind of douchebags in a weird way the first time we went to Ravnica, but that was kind of a side effect of their weird mind meld thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

poorlywrittennovel posted:

I mean the Selesnyans were kind of douchebags in a weird way the first time we went to Ravnica, but that was kind of a side effect of their weird mind meld thing.

Not in a weird way, they were straight up massive douchebags trying to take control of the plane.

• Locked thread