Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Please, please, let it be animated by TRIGGER or Bones :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.
:hawaaaafap:

Mikl posted:

Please, please, let it be animated by TRIGGER or Bones :pray:

Anything less and this will be the biggest disappointment of 2015.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Good things DO happen in the world after all.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Give it to Mappa with budget of Bahamut

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The one thing I want is for Saitama to be all illusion-of-animation and animated as cheaply as possible most of the time except when he's serious.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its not Mappa or Trigger.

Bones is a definite possibility but so is Sunrise since Bandai Visual and all.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Storyboarding: ONE
Writing: ONE
Animation: Yuusuke Murata

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Rexides posted:

Good things DO happen in the world after all.

Then it turns out, Toei animation. With the budget of Saint Seiya Omega.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

its very very unlikely to be toei

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

its very very likely to still be bad, tho

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
MADHOUSE would be fine too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
UFOTABLE or bust.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently Sunrise are sharing the booth the details will be at so people seem to believe it will be them.

I do not know if this is good or bad because I don't know many animes that aren't JoJo or Dragon Ball.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Aurain posted:

Apparently Sunrise are sharing the booth the details will be at so people seem to believe it will be them.

I do not know if this is good or bad because I don't know many animes that aren't JoJo or Dragon Ball.

Either or. Sunrise's way, I'd say, focuses on being smooth and consistent, rather than high speed, manic power. Not sure they'd be able to do the split second stuff with the real impact it needs.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Really, the studio isn't as important as who specifically is working on it. I'm curious to see who's directing it and if it's going to be a continuous series or if it stops at like 2 cour. Probably the latter since the manga's pacing is pretty uneven in a good way.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Will be adapted by a studio that was formed just for this and a cast of unknowns. 8 episodes in, a very perceptive blogger will point out that the show is just Murata flipping over pages of his manga in front of a camera.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Murata is an animator, he will probably just solo it.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/6459/animated-effects-majin_bone-smears-smoke-vehicle-y

Also it probably cant be Ufotable either (busy), and 90% not Madhouse (same reason as not Mappa, a dude on twitter blah blah).

You should be hoping for Bones because Bones' chief action animator (Yutaka Nakamura) is a friend of Murata's and will work on it for sure if its at Bones. And he is really loving good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rexides posted:

Will be adapted by a studio that was formed just for this and a cast of unknowns. 8 episodes in, a very perceptive blogger will point out that the show is just Murata flipping over pages of his manga in front of a camera.

I would still watch it. Actually, I think an anime that looks really shoddy and horribly produced, juxtaposed with ridiculously well animated fight scenes would suit the feel of One-Punch very, very well.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
If anybody wanted that playing card set I just noticed Mandarake is selling them along with some other stuff

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/search.do?action=itemMaker&makerId=003590&withA

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Rexides posted:

I'll settle for this if Murata also does all the voices himself. :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It'll be one episode by Murata with Bones Studio and another by ONE with Toei and they'll come out as they finish every three weeks-six months.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

I would still watch it. Actually, I think an anime that looks really shoddy and horribly produced, juxtaposed with ridiculously well animated fight scenes would suit the feel of One-Punch very, very well.

That's what you'd probably actually get from Toei. Just take a look at One Piece.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Mikl posted:

MADHOUSE would be fine too.

get the people who did REDLINE

i wouldent even mind if i had to wait several year

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
if it's any longer than like 6 episodes it's going to be awful

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Wittgen posted:

Cool. I kind of wish One's version got adapted by an auteur using the simple style to great effect a la Ping Pong: The Animation. This should be good though.

Don Hertzfeldt presents One Punch Man

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Does this mean ONE will actually do OPM full-time now or what?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably not. Mob Psycho 100 is still his main thing, right? I think there's enough content in Murata's remake for at least 24 episodes and then returning to it whenever there's more.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

tlarn posted:

The one thing I want is for Saitama to be all illusion-of-animation and animated as cheaply as possible most of the time except when he's serious.
There's a lot of room for a good director to add in stylistic comedy, enough to make or break it as a whole.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think actually the best studio choice for a Onepunch Man anime would be Shaft.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

OPM might be the best anime ever to squeeze all the budget into the fight scenes in

Now who's going to voice Saitama is the question

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Whoever it is has to be capable of switching between aloof dork and poo poo getting real at the drop of a hat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its even weirder since Saitama doesnt really communicate what sort of voice he would have.

Unlike Genos who gives an instant 'I know what this character would sound like' vibe.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

I think actually the best studio choice for a Onepunch Man anime would be Shaft.

Shut yo mouth.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Unlike Genos who gives an instant 'I know what this character would sound like' vibe.

Geno's is such an absolute Jonny Yong Bosch character that I'd pay for him to learn Japanese to do the part in the original language

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bryce Pappenbrook/Yuki Kaji as Speed of Sound (:lol:) Sonic.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

:vince:

Please be Trigger, please... It'll rock regardless though, I can't even imagine what those crazy detailed panels will look like animated.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really hope they go down the route of making the episodes short like 11 minutes long each, because there's no loving way they'll do the animation justice unless it's tightly packed, and it would fit the comics much better.

They'd also be goddamn criminals if they don't make this French OPM anime theme song as the official OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV51TIs-Izw

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Where do you think the anime will stop? The alien invasion arc or this current arc?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well, the arc that's starting now is complete in the ONE version so it could go that far, but if it's sticking to the Murata adaptation then it'll likely get through the Boros fight and maybe King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's also the possible looming spectre of the anime original ending to worry about