Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Is the M4 a euphemism for Australia's arsehole?

Frequently overused and backed up twice a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

did your prime minister for real survive a vote of no confidence. ive seen the videos. what a total fuckup tony is

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

do australians not like him because he is retarded or does that help him

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TEAYCHES posted:

did your prime minister for real survive a vote of no confidence. ive seen the videos. what a total fuckup tony is

No, he survived a party room vote on who should be leader of his party.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

TEAYCHES posted:

do australians not like him because he is retarded or does that help him

Imagine a whole country full of America's most inbred redneck white trash except without the blue states to provide a semblance of guidance and restraint and then think about how they would respond to intelligence in a politician.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SadisTech posted:

Imagine a whole country full of America's most inbred redneck white trash except without the blue states to provide a semblance of guidance and restraint and then think about how they would respond to intelligence in a politician.

jesus christ

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

At least STAGE 2 had a gate. That has dirt dumped in a car park!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Tony Abbott is slowly dismantling a Westfield.

homebrew
Mar 13, 2007

Needs more (safer) beer.

Anidav posted:

Tony Abbott is slowly dismantling a Westfield.

You've managed to maintain the same avatar for 24 hours.....

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Don't taunt the photoshop ghost.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP your previos av.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

TEAYCHES posted:

tony abbott should be shot and killed

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

pictured: tony abbott, public transport enthusiast, taking the bold step of destroying public parking in order to force the public to take up his daring new public transport plan and leave their cars at home. truly a win/win for both the transport unions and the environment. a good pm

also pictured: some kind of man-weasel

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What is the point of widening the M4 it did sweet gently caress all for congestion on the M5.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is M4 widening a euphemism?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Laserface posted:

Frequently overused and backed up twice a day?

Being widened by a man with a ring on his finger?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
I mean, on the one hand I'm cautiously optimistic about the M4 thing since it does go from 5 lanes to 2 in less than a kilometer and part of the reason I'm stressing out so much is having to drive from rooty hill to auburn on in every single day, but on the other hand I'm almost a hundred percent certain they're going to gently caress everything up since they're tory fucks and I'm going to die somewhere in the mix of all this.

Or be charged tolls in which case I'm just quitting my job, gently caress that.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

meteor9 posted:

I mean, on the one hand I'm cautiously optimistic about the M4 thing since it does go from 5 lanes to 2 in less than a kilometer and part of the reason I'm stressing out so much is having to drive from rooty hill to auburn on in every single day, but on the other hand I'm almost a hundred percent certain they're going to gently caress everything up since they're tory fucks and I'm going to die somewhere in the mix of all this.

Or be charged tolls in which case I'm just quitting my job, gently caress that.

Hasn't Hockey already come and and said it's going to be a toll road and if you don't want to pay the toll don't drive on it?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

TG-Chrono posted:

Being widened by a man with a ring on his finger?

Tony Abbott doesn't wear his wedding ring. But it would be impolite to enquire as to the martial status of a Prime Minister. Simply uncalled for. :ironicat:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

TEAYCHES posted:

jesus christ

australians absolutely love dumb poo poo stupid fuckin racists but they don't like tony abbott and there's a thesis in why that is the case

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
What is with all these nerds posting in this thread did someone make fun of anime again or something

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

What is with all these nerds posting in this thread did someone make fun of anime again or something

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Hey dorks what's up I'm sorry about your cartoons

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Hey dorks what's up I'm sorry about your cartoons

Cartoon's fine dude, he's probably happily making GBS threads in a nice fresh hole right this minute

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

SadisTech posted:

Cartoon's fine dude, he's probably happily making GBS threads in a nice fresh hole right this minute

The fate of every Nationals seat, unfortunately. Cartoon's just ahead of the curve.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

my favourite anime is the one where the world explodes and anime doesn't exist anymore

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

who are the anime likers again

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

cant wait for the new anime lover retention laws

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Can't wait for the senate enquiry and Brandis trying to explain Hentai to Sky news.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Drugs posted:

my favourite anime is the one where the world explodes and anime doesn't exist anymore

Jonah Galtberg posted:

who are the anime likers again

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Greetings friends.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Greetings friends.

you're ok. dunno about your mates though

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

you guys should post more imo you'd fit right in with the general poster stock of the australian thread

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Drugs posted:

That's like, half of them.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

you guys should post more imo you'd fit right in with the general poster stock of the australian thread

s-senpai noticed me :swoon:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Aaronicon posted:

Tony Abbott doesn't wear his wedding ring. But it would be impolite to enquire as to the martial status of a Prime Minister. Simply uncalled for. :ironicat:

Agreed, particularly when that Prime Minister wields the concept of their rosy family life and wholesome Christian morality like a cudgel. Most unchill and VERY inappropriate.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Fruity Gordo posted:

Agreed, particularly when that Prime Minister wields the concept of their rosy family life and wholesome Christian morality like a cudgel. Most unchill and VERY inappropriate.

Give us the dirt on your Abbott/Credlin story

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
gently caress them both with a rusty backhoe.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Serrath posted:

Phonics is the act of teaching someone how to read by teaching the relationship that letter combinations have to the vocal sound they make (e.g., teaching that "ch" in all instances makes the "ch" sounds... actually this is hard to explain in text). The main criticism to this approach is that it divorces the "reading" of words from the meaning of words; you raise a generation of students who can read novel words relatively well but cannot place them in a larger language and grammatical context. The best educational models (as far as I'm aware) advocate for a phonics method to be taught alongside a "whole language" approach which involves teaching word context and definitions alongside novel words.

Interesting tidbit, I learned about the distinction between the two because a return to phonics education was one of the signature aspects of the "no child left behind" educational act in the US which was a major reform of the US education system by Bush II.

I think this should be the last word on phonics:
http://ncf.idallen.com/english.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
You know the US has the deep south. We have the deep west and the deep north. Basically the further you get away from Melbourne the worse everything gets.

The only exception to this is QLD which is the worst all the time irrespective of proximity to Melbourne. I can say this with the Authority of someone who lives in one of the furthest capital cities from Melbourne.

Pretend I posted the torturing children vote here. Wilkie and Bandt are the only two redeeming features of the lower house.

• Locked thread