Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Stallion Cabana posted:

but would they be a more powerful Goku or Vegeta?

You might get a super strong Goku with a Vegeta personality.

His parenting skills would also get a nice boost. The fact that Trunks can extract favors from Vegeta (I think at one point he demands to be taken to an amusement park?) suggests that Vegeta might sometimes do non-fighty stuff with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Trunks asks to be taken to an amusement park and Vegeta goes 'fine... if you train with me today.'

EDIT: Also there's a scene in GT where Vegeta takes Bulla out shopping.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Endorph posted:

Trunks asks to be taken to an amusement park and Vegeta goes 'fine... if you train with me today.'

Much like Batman doing anything mundane is inherently hilarious, the same is true of Vegeta.

I bet he'd have a bumper sticker on his car that said "PRINCE OF ALL SEDANS"

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

He takes her because he needs the support. :rimshot:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Much like Batman doing anything mundane is inherently hilarious, the same is true of Vegeta.

I bet he'd have a bumper sticker on his car that said "PRINCE OF ALL SEDANS"

"There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps: his RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Did you guys already discuss the rather loving Super Best Friends video on Xenoverse? Thread moves kinda fast.

Because the twist really caught me off guard and I loved it. Especially the "next time on..."

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Endorph posted:

Man GT was weirdly animated they both look kinda like teenagers. Not 40-50ish

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

socialsecurity posted:

Man GT was weirdly animated they both look kinda like teenagers. Not 40-50ish
Saiyans don't properly age and that's Bulla, not Bulma, hth.

Like GT's terrible but this is not one of the times where it's inaccurate.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Isn't Bulla younger than Pan though? Because Pan looks way younger while Bulla looks like a teenager.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Bulla's like 12 years old or something.

Edit: Apparently two different official sources have given her age as 10 or 12 by the end of GT.

Which is weird, because there's a scene where some old guys hit on her. No wonder Vegeta destroyed their car.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Edit: Apparently two different official sources have given her age as 10 or 12 by the end of GT.

Which is weird, because there's a scene where some old guys hit on her. No wonder Vegeta destroyed their car.

Did you forget think series is from Japan?

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's actually only one source, Daizenshuu #7 which lists her as born a year after Pan (780) in the timeline section but also lists her as born a year before Pan (778) in the profile section. Other sources have pretty much all gone with Bra being younger and BoG confirmed it.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't like Vegeta's hair in GT

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

facebook jihad posted:

I don't like Vegeta's hair in GT

it's literally just a shorter version of his Z hair.

Really he should have gone flat topped. That would have been great.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

What would super saiyan nappa look like

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sharkopath posted:

Power levels???

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I bet it he'd grow some hair, but only a little hair, like he be looking like heihachi or something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Stallion Cabana posted:

it's literally just a shorter version of his Z hair.

Really he should have gone flat topped. That would have been great.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

New Leaf posted:

Did you forget think series is from Japan?

Yes. :(

Sharkopath posted:

Regular Nappa but with a golden aura?

Alternatively, his mustache turns blond.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I hate the way Vegeta was drawn in GT. He looks like a completely different character.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dear writers of Dragonball GT

gently caress you for shaving Vegeta's moustache.

Signed
Anyone with taste.

e: If it had to go, couldn't it have waited until he'd gone Super Saiyan or the last episode? Can someone go and edit into every Dragon Ball Z episode?

e: One, Vegeta's moustache needs to be fluffier, bigger, and have access to a gravity machine. Two, whenever Vegeta's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Vegeta's moustache"? Three--

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 8, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Firstborn posted:

I hate the way Vegeta was drawn in GT. He looks like a completely different character.
It really weirds me out. I mean GT is pretty weird and jarring in general, but with Vegeta it feels like they just threw away the style guide on him.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Testekill posted:

Isn't Bulla younger than Pan though? Because Pan looks way younger while Bulla looks like a teenager.

According to Battle of Gods, Bulla is younger than Pan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kuroyama posted:

According to Battle of Gods, Bulla is younger than Pan.

Would not be at all surprised if Bulla was conceived on the night of the party.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

What's weirder is Pan is listed as being 9 in the Japanese version and 13 in the English version by some sources, which makes Determining Bulla's age even more fun. She's either 8, 10, 12, or 14 depending on which version you're watching.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Between time travel, differing versions of canon (GT vs Battle of the Gods, English vs Japan etc) , and magic wish dragons, I imagine that Bulla / Bra etc is in fact, every one of those ages at the same time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's just Bulma from the past after Cell #32 overshot his teleport back.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Spiderdrake posted:

It really weirds me out. I mean GT is pretty weird and jarring in general, but with Vegeta it feels like they just threw away the style guide on him.

Among GT's problems is that it moves forward in time, thus most of the main cast is old, which really sucks. If it was the mid 90s and Toei came to me and said "we need another Dragonball cartoon and it has to have a kid Goku and adult Trunks as main characters, to hell with the manga!!" I would propose something like Star Trek 2009 - maybe Future Trunks' time travel shennanigans cause him to get trapped in the past and he ends up grabbing Goku out of the wilderness or something, basically filling Bulma's role in the first season. If you must have beam spam, have some technobabble about butterfly effects.

In other words, more Xenoverse and less everyone is goddamn old.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Vegeta growing a moustache and cutting his hair always seemed odd to me, since I thought full-blood Saiyans grow hair way differently than normal people, and that keeping it natural was a pride thing. Though, Vegeta always seemed to assimilate better to human society than Goku.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, I mean, who does everyone being old in GT really effect? Vegeta barely aged except for some wrinkles around his eyes, Goku got turned into a kid and even when he became an adult he looked basically the same, Gohan's only as old as Goku was during the Android Saga. It's not like Tien or Krillin is relevant at all in GT, so them being old doesn't really change anything.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Vegeta growing a moustache and cutting his hair always seemed odd to me, since I thought full-blood Saiyans grow hair way differently than normal people, and that keeping it natural was a pride thing. Though, Vegeta always seemed to assimilate better to human society than Goku.

Nappa lost his hair and grew a mustache. Maybe its an old Saiyan thing.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

Well, I mean, who does everyone being old in GT really effect? Vegeta barely aged except for some wrinkles around his eyes, Goku got turned into a kid and even when he became an adult he looked basically the same, Gohan's only as old as Goku was during the Android Saga. It's not like Tien or Krillin is relevant at all in GT, so them being old doesn't really change anything.

It's depressing. Goku's nagging wife is an old lady. Vegeta and Bulma are all old (especially when Vegeta's rocking the stache and haircut) Gohan is bespectacled and Goten is Yamcha. Most shows don't have such a huge number of old and middle aged hanger-ons. Especially considering the baby arc heavily involved fighting all the main characters and the evil 17 arc involves old man krillin getting killed and 18, who was made to dress up old, having some focus.

I'd be more accepting of the aging of the characters if the kids were more players in the plot and the olds were more background flavor but Goten, Bra, and Marron don't do jack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, of all the things GT did wrong I think everyone getting a bit old was one of the few things it did right. It added to the 'one last ride' they were clearly trying to go for.

But yeah, things would have been a lot better if the kids were actually relevant. Heck, even Uub doesn't get to to do jack.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uub, the overhyped kid with potential which, considering the latest movies, makes it even more overhyped and disappointing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etnt88WwbZk

gt is good

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
GT has the same problem the later entries in the Star Wars EU had. Everyone was getting older, comments were made about handing things off to a younger generation, but the stories kept revolving around the same cast with only lip service being paid to the kids and grandkids.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Does anyone ever forget how much they love Dragonball until they play or see something and it's like HOLY poo poo DRAGONBALL IS STILL THE BEST cause I'm getting that a lot now between Xenoverse and the new movie.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

The movie after RoF should just be some mundane event starring Vegeta. Preferably parent-teacher for Trunks or something like that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Saiyan Mid-life Crisis starring Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Chickenfrogman posted:

The movie after RoF should just be some mundane event starring Vegeta. Preferably parent-teacher for Trunks or something like that.

Bulma gets pregnant again, but this time Vegeta actually sticks around for the experience.

• Locked thread