Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

poo poo like this makes me want to open both doors and jump on the drivers seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Holy poo poo I forgot how bad European television is

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Powershift posted:

poo poo like this makes me want to open both doors and jump on the drivers seat.

Although I doubt it, they may be using something like the convertible reinforcement kits.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

General_Failure posted:

Although I doubt it, they may be using something like the convertible reinforcement kits.

That doesn't look like the type of car someone has spent $250 on in the interest of safety.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Powershift posted:

That doesn't look like the type of car someone has spent $250 on in the interest of safety.

Wait, are you talking about that specific car or Beetles in general? Because that sentence could pretty much apply to one straight out of the factory.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, got my schedule for next week.

I have jury duty at 8am on Monday. I'm scheduled to open on Monday. I gave my boss a copy of the summons the same day that I received it (3 weeks ago), and I've already made plans around the only day off I have next week (school stuff).

:argh:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

some texas redneck posted:

I have jury duty at 8am on Monday. I'm scheduled to open on Monday. I gave my boss a copy of the summons the same day that I received it (3 weeks ago), and I've already made plans around the only day off I have next week (school stuff).

I will say, loving with jury duty is the one time judges will side with the employee over the employer every time. Even in Texas.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

some texas redneck posted:

Concessions to necessity and all that, but...

You did your job notifying them and literally have to go or you'll get arrested, tell em to get bent.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Is it so bad? The beetle is shell-on-floorpan - a glider club I visited once had a completely stripped down beetle as a glider tug, and it had survived decades pulling gliders on a grass field.

I agree, if that had been a modern unibody, it would've been a different story.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I'm going to be married by this time in 7 days. Currently out in the middle of nowhere with my friends, where we rented a cabin, ate steaks, and drank a surprising amount of whiskey and beer.

Sadly my 3rd shift sleep schedule means I am the last one standing... The windmill is also super noisy. I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tusen Takk posted:

gently caress me, I lost my fancy 16GB USB stick that was on my keychain that I only just bought like two weeks ago. I only had it on my carabeener instead of on an actual loop, but of course my wife is being smug about it because she told me I'd lose it if I leftnit like that :mad:

Aren't you in Australia? PM me I'll send you a couple of 64guig ones in the mail. I have them falling out of my desk drawwers right now.

I may be drunkm.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

mafoose posted:

I'm going to be married by this time in 7 days. Currently out in the middle of nowhere with my friends, where we rented a cabin, ate steaks, and drank a surprising amount of whiskey and beer.

Sadly my 3rd shift sleep schedule means I am the last one standing... The windmill is also super noisy. I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight.

The fact you can post suggests you're not quite far away from everywhere yet. :P

Also congratulations, on the marriage, steaks and booze.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Memento posted:

Aren't you in Australia? PM me I'll send you a couple of 64guig ones in the mail. I have them falling out of my desk drawwers right now.

I may be drunkm.

He's in Motor city, birthplace of techno.
Get some sleep, I think it's Monday.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Memento posted:

I may be drunkm.

Unfortunately I'm in Detroit now :( thanks though!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Sunday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubDprUg590

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
http://youtu.be/ED5s1-Fe9FA

This is about how I feel....and I didn't even drink last night.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Same. I work at my friends restaurant in the winter washing dishes on the weekend and last night was insane with 2 huge parties. I feel like a 70 year old man with arthritis this morning. I also cut the poo poo out of my ring finger and thumb with the pizza cutter right at the end of my shift, too :shepface:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88, do you have pm's?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
It's 2015AD, we have grenade icons next to the username to tell us that these days.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 205 days!)

keykey posted:

I got excited to see your avatar, then I saw that. I'm sorry for your loss other Saab guy. :(

This is rough- he was a pivotal figure for so many of us that my younger cousins who never really knew him (moved away when in in the super low single digits) have magically created memories of working in the garage with him.

Its hard to accept that someone who is gone- is gone. Just that.

Its also my anniversary of my near-death, today. I guess I can talk about it now that the judge just decided to all but throw my case out, even though it hasn't even been executed.

E: Was on tablet. Didn't notice my mouseover cutting most others off who have made comments and my thanks. :blush:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 8, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fo3 posted:

It's 2015AD, we have grenade icons next to the username to tell us that these days.

Tell that to the keepers of the awful app.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
What's an awful app?
Wait...I don't want to know. (upgrades broke old opera browser too).
FWIW, no grenade for 88h88, so no PM.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Noted thanks, just checked with chrome, remembered why I use a dedicated app.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I was wondering why Apples to Apples sucks so much, thinking "this is like Cards Against Humanity for Mormons".

And then I looked it up, and it was made by a Mormon, which explains the aggressive banality of it all.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
...of course the new batteries off the shelf are new and not refurbished. Why do you work here again?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Cakefool posted:

Tell that to the keepers of the awful app.

I'm posting this from the Awful app and you've got a grenade right next to your username in each post (and FO3 doesn't since he presumably doesn't have plat), so I don't know what you want people to tell to the app makers other than "thanks"?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The awful app is garbage

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Fucknag posted:

You did your job notifying them and literally have to go or you'll get arrested, tell em to get bent.

Does anyone know of anyone who this ever happened to, ever? I hear tales of fines and such but have never ever seen it first-hand, and my grandfather has thrown away his summons his whole life. I work with plenty of other old dudes who laugh at me when I say I'm on call that week.

I respond to the summons because I'm a pussy but also because meh, whatever it's something different.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

HotCanadianChick posted:

I'm posting this from the Awful app and you've got a grenade right next to your username in each post (and FO3 doesn't since he presumably doesn't have plat), so I don't know what you want people to tell to the app makers other than "thanks"?

I don't see the grenade on any of my devices using the Awful App. :shrug:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

To be clear I'm using what I believe to be the current android awful app, which doesn't. It's still a million times better than phone browsing on a browser and I'm glad it exists.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was gonna say you guys are probably comparing iPhone and Android versions.

West SAAB Story posted:

This is rough- he was a pivotal figure for so many of us that my younger cousins who never really knew him (moved away when in in the super low single digits) have magically created memories of working in the garage with him.

Its hard to accept that someone who is gone- is gone. Just that.

Its also my anniversary of my near-death, today. I guess I can talk about it now that the judge just decided to all but throw my case out, even though it hasn't even been executed.

Sorry to hear about both of those things.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Outside of drinking, what's there to do in Kentucky (LEX area)?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tusen Takk posted:

The awful app is garbage

Not on Android :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

Meth.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The sun is out, the breeze is crisp and refreshing, people are outside enjoying the weather, the windows are down, the music is up, andspring is in the air.

The entire population of Michigan is currently peeling off clothing and running around in tank tops because it's 39F outside :3:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Meanwhile I'm under a blanket cause it hasn't hit 70* yet today.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

loooool.

I might see if I can get a car.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So hungover. So much money spent at the bar. So hungover.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

the spyder posted:

You should watch the documentary series "Justified", starring Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

The entire population of Michigan is currently peeling off clothing and running around in tank tops because it's 39F outside :3:

It's only 32 in the UP, but coming off the coldest February on record (ave temp 2.4 degrees) it's still a glorious heatwave.

• Locked thread